Windows 10: I would like to change the name of my laptop at sign on please.

Discus and support I would like to change the name of my laptop at sign on please. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to change the name of my laptop at sign on please. The name that appears below the profile picture at sign on. Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephPlantemoli, Oct 25, 2019.

1. I would like to change the name of my laptop at sign on please.

I would like to change the name of my laptop at sign on please. The name that appears below the profile

picture at sign on. Thanks.

:)

JosephPlantemoli, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Sign-in name change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

Please note that the Sign-in name will be the same that on your Microsoft Account. So if you want to change the name, you will need to
    sign in to your account and then click on
    Your Info to edit the name. Once you are able to see the changes on Microsoft account, you should be able to see the same on
    Windows. If you are still not able to view the changes, then you can follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Run dialog (by pressing Windows key + R).
    2. Then type: Netplwiz. This will open the
      User Accounts window.
    3. Select the User account and then click on Properties.
    4. Now change the name and click on Apply & then
      Okay.
    5. Then sign out of the user account and sign in back or simply restart your device. You should be able to view the changes.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Microsoft account name change not working on laptop

Hi Nathan,

There might be some conflicts on the settings of your PC and your Microsoft account. We would like to ask some questions for clarification:

• Did you follow the steps provided on this
      article
      to change the name of your Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried checking if there available updates for your Windows 10?
    • When you said that "when I log on to my laptop the user account is still showing the old name", are you referring on the sign-in screen name?
    Regards.

Nathaniel Mon, Oct 25, 2019
  4. I would like to change the name of my laptop at sign on please.

How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

I would like to change the name of my laptop at sign on please.

1. I would like to change the name of my laptop at sign on please. - Similar Threads - change name laptop

2. i would like a refund for msfs please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i would like a refund for msfs please: i dont have the fastest pc, msfs is just a xbox game, its not what i want could you please refund for msfs thank you david haynes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-a-refund-for-msfs-please/e6f302b1-7f23-4600-b284-65c9bc9f2615
  3. i would like a refund for msfs please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i would like a refund for msfs please: i dont have the fastest pc, msfs is just a xbox game, its not what i want could you please refund for msfs thank you david haynes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-a-refund-for-msfs-please/e6f302b1-7f23-4600-b284-65c9bc9f2615
  4. I would like to change my name and photo on my Welcome screen. Have I?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to change my name and photo on my Welcome screen. Have I?: Hi everyone,I need to take my laptop to a repair shop. Unfortunately I am unable to power it on due to battery issues and so I'm unsure whether the name and picture shown in this profile will be reflected on the laptop that I'm wanting to get fixed.I own a Lenovo Ideapad...
  5. I would like to change my name and photo on my Welcome screen. Have I?

I would like to change my name and photo on my Welcome screen. Have I?: Hi everyone,I need to take my laptop to a repair shop. Unfortunately I am unable to power it on due to battery issues and so I'm unsure whether the name and picture shown in this profile will be reflected on the laptop that I'm wanting to get fixed.I own a Lenovo Ideapad...
  6. I would like to change my name and photo on my Welcome screen. Have I?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I would like to change the name in the Microsoft Store Review

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I would like to change the name in the Microsoft Store Review: I just learnt that Microsoft displayed my full real name when i submit a review to the Microsoft Store.I can't believe that!!Normally nickname should be used! just like this communityAnd after googling, i learnt that once a review is posted, it could not be deleted!!Now the...
  8. I would like to change the name in the Microsoft Store Review

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to change the name in the Microsoft Store Review: I just learnt that Microsoft displayed my full real name when i submit a review to the Microsoft Store.I can't believe that!!Normally nickname should be used! just like this communityAnd after googling, i learnt that once a review is posted, it could not be deleted!!Now the...
  9. I would like to change the name in the Microsoft Store Review

10. how do i change my sign in infomation ? like the name the picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i change my sign in infomation ? like the name the picture: how do i change my sign in infomation ? like the name the picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-sign-in-infomation-like-the/15212d09-3001-41dc-8810-f3364f498d6a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i want 2 people to be able to sign into my computer with 2 different sign in codes