Windows 10: I would like to customize the destination folders

Discus and support I would like to customize the destination folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have windows 10 and I do not know where my Microsoft apps I download go to, help me please. And I also would like to change the destination... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ron_757, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Ron_757 Win User

I would like to customize the destination folders

Hello, I have windows 10 and I do not know where my Microsoft apps I download go to, help me please.

And I also would like to change the destination folders of everything, for example when I save pictures, I want them to automatically save for one of the folders I have made.

Thank you.

:)

Ron_757, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Documents Destination

The next troubleshooting step we suggest is to restore the default location of the folders. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Choose File Explorer.

• Type shell:UsersFilesFolder in the address bar.

I would like to customize the destination folders d9ffeca6-0604-494d-9388-070cdb9a5eeb.png

• Right-click the Documents folder.

• Click the Location tab.

• Click Restore Default.

• Click OK.

Follow the same steps to restore the default location for your Pictures folder.

Give these steps a shot and check if the folders are unlinked from OneDrive.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 16, 2019
  3. iLWRs Win User
    How customize a folder style like User profile folders in Windows 10.

Hello,

Please guide me for creating folder styles as in the user profile folder of Windows 10.

I can customize the folder using "Folder pictures" and "Folder icons" but when I set view option to either "List" or "Detail", I see only plain yellow folder.

Please refer to image shown below:

I would like to customize the destination folders [​IMG]

If I change the view to any option except "List" or "Details", I can see my folder customization.

I want to customize folders as they are in user-profile's folder.

iLWRs, Jan 16, 2019
  4. I would like to customize the destination folders

Access Points and Destinations

it takes a bit of getting used to moving from the access point lists to the destinations list they use now.

a couple of points i would suggest that are useful is that

1 many applications will inherit the settings specified in the browser or the 'default' setting in the destinations menu

2 you can add destinations and copy access points to them, if say you want some things to use wifi and an internet cell access point in that order, but you want something else to only only the internet cell access point you can add it to a new destination.

3 some apps that bring up the destinations list allow you to select access points from the options menu.

flagpole---01, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

I would like to customize the destination folders

1. I would like to customize the destination folders - Similar Threads - customize destination folders

2. The filenames would be too long for the destination folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The filenames would be too long for the destination folder.: I am just looking at a thread from this blog created in April 2018 which came up in my search because the same old "file name is too long" error came up again. Here is an excerpt from that session: - - - Yeah, certainly annoying. Even more annoying is that the copy operation...
  3. The filenames would be too long for the destination folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The filenames would be too long for the destination folder.: I am just looking at a thread from this blog created in April 2018 which came up in my search because the same old "file name is too long" error came up again. Here is an excerpt from that session: - - - Yeah, certainly annoying. Even more annoying is that the copy operation...
  4. The filenames would be too long for the destination folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I would like the Downloads folder to automatically sync to OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like the Downloads folder to automatically sync to OneDrive.: As the Downloads folder is not one of those folders typically synced by OneDrive, I guess in order to achieve that, I should change the folder's location to a subfolder under OneDrive. Would such a step be "acceptable" with Windows my version is Windows 11? I believe I could...
  6. I would like the Downloads folder to automatically sync to OneDrive.

I would like the Downloads folder to automatically sync to OneDrive.: As the Downloads folder is not one of those folders typically synced by OneDrive, I guess in order to achieve that, I should change the folder's location to a subfolder under OneDrive. Would such a step be "acceptable" with Windows my version is Windows 11? I believe I could...
  7. destination folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    destination folder: i want to download a game. I dont know what destination folder i could use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/destination-folder/8ca458d8-51fe-4f34-9f79-d78b1a677bad
  8. destination folder

destination folder: i want to download a game. I dont know what destination folder i could use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/destination-folder/8ca458d8-51fe-4f34-9f79-d78b1a677bad
  9. Destination's Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Destination's Folder: That it is full now and how does one empty it to allow backup space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/destinations-folder/e67d4a5e-cda5-4b2a-af7d-fb0bd2d2afee
  10. Would Like To Delete Unwanted Toshiba HDDRecovery Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Would Like To Delete Unwanted Toshiba HDDRecovery Folder: I have a Vista HDDRecovery folder on my D: drive that is no longer needed as I have upgraded to W10 (via W7). Is there a simple way (perhaps some FREE utility) to delete this as it is taking up 4.64GB of space.. I have tried but keep getting message that SYSTEM needs to...