Windows 10: I would like to fresh install my windows 10 without loosing my previous files videos data.

Discus and support I would like to fresh install my windows 10 without loosing my previous files videos data. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to fresh install my windows 10 without loosing my previous files videos data.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shivam srivastav 2903, Sep 28, 2018.

1. I would like to fresh install my windows 10 without loosing my previous files videos data.

I would like to fresh install my windows 10 without loosing my previous files videos data.

:)

shivam srivastav 2903, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 28, 2018
  3. oldcelt Win User
    Restore disk image to a fresh Windows 10 installation

What I'd like to do is:-

1. Make a system image backup to an external HDD.
    2. Re-format drive C
    3. Re-install Windows 10 from scratch
    4. Restore all my apps and files (not many files as I keep almost all data on a separate partition.

Am I expecting the impossible and would the restore try to put the O/S exactly where it was before? The previous installation seems to reside in an unusual partition which I discovered when I tried to rescue windows 10 installation without loosing data and apps. This is the installation screen where I wanted to choose:-

I would like to fresh install my windows 10 without loosing my previous files videos data. [​IMG]

As one can see, it tells me the current version of Windows is in an unsupported directory - not of my choosing when installed!
    This is my disk partition table for C:-

I would like to fresh install my windows 10 without loosing my previous files videos data. [​IMG]

I'd be extremely grateful for advice on this please?

oldcelt, Sep 28, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

I would like to fresh install my windows 10 without loosing my previous files videos data.

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

1. I would like to fresh install my windows 10 without loosing my previous files videos data. - Similar Threads - fresh install without

2. How do I recover the windows 10 without loosing all my data and programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover the windows 10 without loosing all my data and programs?: UMBELIAVABLE!!! MICROSOFT DID IT AGAIN!!!It is not the first or second time this happens, windows keeps on forcing updates that sooner or later break up the system.After another update yesterday, the windows stopped seeing my laptop bluetooth controller it is physically...
  3. How do I recover the windows 10 without loosing all my data and programs?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I recover the windows 10 without loosing all my data and programs?: UMBELIAVABLE!!! MICROSOFT DID IT AGAIN!!!It is not the first or second time this happens, windows keeps on forcing updates that sooner or later break up the system.After another update yesterday, the windows stopped seeing my laptop bluetooth controller it is physically...
  4. I have a Windows 7 PC and would like to install Windows 10 or 11 without deleting my data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Windows 7 PC and would like to install Windows 10 or 11 without deleting my data: Hi I have an old HP Pavilion m7 Notebook PC which still has Windows 7 installed and I want to upgrade it to Windows 10 or 11, without deleting my data. what is the easiest way of doing this. I tried the links in the FAQs but they all seem to be dead....
  5. I have a Windows 7 PC and would like to install Windows 10 or 11 without deleting my data

I have a Windows 7 PC and would like to install Windows 10 or 11 without deleting my data: Hi I have an old HP Pavilion m7 Notebook PC which still has Windows 7 installed and I want to upgrade it to Windows 10 or 11, without deleting my data. what is the easiest way of doing this. I tried the links in the FAQs but they all seem to be dead....
  6. I would like install windows 10 on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like install windows 10 on my PC: Split from this thread.I would like install windows 10 on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-install-windows-10-on-my-pc/3dbb571c-c837-41a2-90df-6e62b1baa971
  7. I would like install windows 10 on my PC

I would like install windows 10 on my PC: Split from this thread.I would like install windows 10 on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-install-windows-10-on-my-pc/3dbb571c-c837-41a2-90df-6e62b1baa971
  8. I would like install windows 10 on my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Is there a way to repair Windows 10 without loosing all my data?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a way to repair Windows 10 without loosing all my data?: I tried running the startup repair but the system says it can't fix the problems. Is there any other way to fix Windows without loosing everything? I don't have the installation media because the company that did the install kept it and I don't have a recovery USB either....
  10. I absolutely hate Windows 10. Would like to delete it and replace with my previous windows.

in Cortana
    I absolutely hate Windows 10. Would like to delete it and replace with my previous windows.: I have had windows 10 for a long time. Absolutely hate everything about it. Is there a way to go back to windows I had before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-absolutely-hate-windows-10-would-like-to-delete/a5f52f31-63ba-484d-8d80-9eeaa4da4af4"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall windows 10 without loosing apps or data with the restore disk