Windows 10: I would like to have sign in with fingerprint available after laptop wakes from sleep, but...

Discus and support I would like to have sign in with fingerprint available after laptop wakes from sleep, but... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; ie - Both fingerprint and regular password options should be there when windows wakes from sleep, but when I boot windows after having shutdown, only... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ShramanJain, Sep 4, 2020.

1. I would like to have sign in with fingerprint available after laptop wakes from sleep, but...

ie - Both fingerprint and regular password options should be there when windows wakes from sleep, but when I boot windows after having shutdown, only password sign-in should be available.

:)

ShramanJain, Sep 4, 2020

2. Fingerprint Reader not working when waking up

Hello,

I have a Dell XPS 13 (9360) Signature Edition with the built-in fingerprint sensor. The fingerprint sensor works fine when initially booting up the laptop, but I cannot use it to sign in whenever I try to wake the laptop from sleep. What can I do to fix
    this?

Thanks for the help!

PratyushMenon, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

I would like to have sign in with fingerprint available after laptop wakes from sleep, but... [​IMG]

I would like to have sign in with fingerprint available after laptop wakes from sleep, but... [​IMG]

Chadi, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

I would like to have sign in with fingerprint available after laptop wakes from sleep, but...

Fingerprint reader doesn't work on return from sleep

Is I close the lid on my HP Pavilion DV7 laptop and let it sleep, when I wake it up, the fingerprint reader doesn't work. I have to select Login options and use a Password or PIN to sign in. I suspect this may have something to do with sleep mode turning off power to the fingerprint reader but there is no setting that controls that.

Once I'm signed in, the reader works correctly until I let it sleep again.

Anyone else see this?

Win10 Home 17763.195 1809 and now with the latest insider build 18309.1000 1809.

Ztruker, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

I would like to have sign in with fingerprint available after laptop wakes from sleep, but...

1. I would like to have sign in with fingerprint available after laptop wakes from sleep, but... - Similar Threads - sign fingerprint available

2. Fingerprint Scanner is Glitchy After Waking Laptop Up From Sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Scanner is Glitchy After Waking Laptop Up From Sleep: After I wake up my laptop. I try to unlock the computer but it results it windows giving me other options to sign in. I try to keep using my fingerprint but it doesnt work. If I click on another sign in option and then back to the finger print scanner then it works. Also,...
  3. Fingerprint prevents laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fingerprint prevents laptop from sleep: Hello,I have a problem with my hello fingerprint. After putting my laptop to sleep it will wake up on it's own and fingerprint sensor keeps working. I keep getting the message "your device couldn't recognize you. Try cleaning your fingerprint sensor" and it keeps refreshing...
  4. Sleep Wakes to Sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sleep Wakes to Sign in: My pc just started to wake up from sleep to the sign in screen, like when I change users. Have tried making several adjustments in power options but the sign in page still comes up, any help. 161942
  5. Sleep Wakes to Sign in

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Wakes to Sign in: My pc just started to wake up from sleep to the sign in screen, like when I change users. Have tried making several adjustments in power options but the sign in page still comes up, any help. 161942
  6. any way to disable sign in after wake from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    any way to disable sign in after wake from sleep?: I recently installed the 2004 version of Windows 10 and none of the old ways to disable sign in from wake are available. This is on an HP laptop. Can anyone help? Thanks. submitted by /u/whatgoodisthat [link] [comments]...
  7. Laptop having issues waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop having issues waking from sleep: See these two threads for reference - Dell Inspiron 15 5577 can't resume from sleep No power from SSD when waking from sleep Windows 10 I used to put the laptop to sleep from Windows and just leave the screen lid open, but however, The issue happens even when I close the...
  8. Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete: Hi, Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete and don't know how to. Any advice appeciated. 112093
  9. I would like to have my laptop wake on USB

in Windows 10 Support
    I would like to have my laptop wake on USB: The computer I have now will stay on when the top is closed, which is what I want. But when it goes to sleep I cannot wake it without lifting the top and pressing power. I use monitors and usb keyboard and I want to be able to activate the computer using it. I have gone...
  10. Laptop reboots after trying to wake it from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop reboots after trying to wake it from sleep: I have a huge problem with my ASUS laptop ( ROG G501JW ). I had unrelated problems with Windows 10 most likely caused by malware infection that had me use "Reset PC" option that basically performs fresh Windows 10 installation as far as settings go. After performing it I...