Windows 10: I would like to if my game save files will still exist after a System Reset

Discus and support I would like to if my game save files will still exist after a System Reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am going to reset my PC because it has not been running well and i've tried everything and would like to know if my game save files will still exist... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pugulag, May 21, 2022.

1. Pugulag Win User

I would like to if my game save files will still exist after a System Reset

I am going to reset my PC because it has not been running well and i've tried everything and would like to know if my game save files will still exist and I can still play on the same saves before the reset. I don't want to get 100% completion on some games again

:)

Pugulag, May 21, 2022

2. When using MS Minesweeper and select a game I get " A saved game was found in the cloud storage location. Which game would you like to use? " use local

Hi Jimbo0,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why you are getting this error: "A saved game was found in the cloud storage location. Which game would you like to use?" when playing the game Microsoft Minesweeper. To help you resolve this
    concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, May 21, 2022
  3. Microsoft Jigsaw Save File problem!

Hi WalGlynn,

Having a server interruption while playing is one of the possible reasons why your Microsoft Jigsaw save file has become corrupted. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the game. You may click the link below for the steps:

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, May 21, 2022
  4. I would like to if my game save files will still exist after a System Reset

File Save

Hi Clive,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• What is the location where you are trying to save the files?
    • Is the issue specific to particular type of files? Example Office files.
    I would like to inform you that you cannot save the files in location where Operating System files are saved.

I suggest you to Run Maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computers, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 21, 2022
Thema:

I would like to if my game save files will still exist after a System Reset

1. I would like to if my game save files will still exist after a System Reset - Similar Threads - game save files

2. I ordered the wrong compatible game for my console. Would like to know if I can still get a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I ordered the wrong compatible game for my console. Would like to know if I can still get a...: Please let me know if this is possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-ordered-the-wrong-compatible-game-for-my-console/81d88f93-e5d1-4364-a53d-c654ab5126d3
  3. I ordered the wrong compatible game for my console. Would like to know if I can still get a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ordered the wrong compatible game for my console. Would like to know if I can still get a...: Please let me know if this is possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-ordered-the-wrong-compatible-game-for-my-console/81d88f93-e5d1-4364-a53d-c654ab5126d3
  4. I would like to if my game save files will still exist after a System Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to if my game save files will still exist after a System Reset: I am going to reset my PC because it has not been running well and i've tried everything and would like to know if my game save files will still exist and I can still play on the same saves before the reset. I don't want to get 100% completion on some games again...
  5. I would like to if my game save files will still exist after a System Reset

I would like to if my game save files will still exist after a System Reset: I am going to reset my PC because it has not been running well and i've tried everything and would like to know if my game save files will still exist and I can still play on the same saves before the reset. I don't want to get 100% completion on some games again...
  6. i would like to refund a game

i would like to refund a game: i would like to refund infinity war i didn’t mean to buy it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-refund-a-game/126ac8ae-8f1c-47ac-83fd-a080797bea1a
  7. save and replace existing files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    save and replace existing files: Where do i change setting for saving all kind of files and replace them without getting a new copy? * Moved from Community Participation Center * Previous posts suggest that the OS is Window 10...
  8. How would you like to open this file? But the file does not exist... HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How would you like to open this file? But the file does not exist... HELP: So pretty much every time I boot up my PC and everything begins to open, I get a popup asking me how I want to open this file. Problem is, the file it's always trying to open had to have been deleted long ago. I think it's trying to open a file from Avid, Digital Audio...
  9. [HELP] I would like to factory reset my LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    [HELP] I would like to factory reset my LAPTOP: I got bumped into this one video on YouTube which says that I should do before using a new laptop. It introduces me to Macrium Reflect. New laptop users should always save a snapshot of the factory-configured laptop (without windows updates) so you could always start fresh...
  10. I would like to reset all my event logs to default

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I would like to reset all my event logs to default: By mistake, I have executed a wrong command (SL /e:false to disable all event logging instead of clearing it. Got it from another website *Redface). Now I would like to reset all my event logs to default. Has someone an idea, how I could apply the steps from this...