Windows 10: I would like to permanently disable windows 10 update, forever

Discus and support I would like to permanently disable windows 10 update, forever in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I'd like to permanently disable windows 10 update. uninstall the software that is in charge of it, if possible. I understand it adds security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ProfessorZik-Chil, Mar 12, 2021.

1. I would like to permanently disable windows 10 update, forever

Hello.

I'd like to permanently disable windows 10 update. uninstall the software that is in charge of it, if possible.

I understand it adds security features and such. i still don't want it. please don't suggest that I leave it be, because I won't listen.

submitted by /u/ProfessorZik-Chil
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ProfessorZik-Chil, Mar 12, 2021
  2. SirElrey Win User

How to disable Windows Update Permanently from Windows 10 OS?

Hi,

I would like to ask question on How to disable Windows Update Permanently from Windows 10 OS?

Already tried the following:

• Stop and Disable Windows Update from services.msc
    • Disable Windows Update from gpedit.msc

But once we restarted the Units, It will perform Windows Updates.

Some of our Applications are not working properly after these updates.

Thanks,

Elrey

SirElrey, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.

I would like to know how to fully disable updates for windows 10. Not partially, not some arbitrary percentage, but COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY! I'm tired of having these updates crammed down my throat without even having a choice in the matter. I'm fully
    aware that this question entails violating any number of user agreements with Microsoft, but I'm of the opinion that this is not Microsoft's call to make. As they are the ones providing a service, it is up to the individual if they wish to make use of those
    services or not. So... how do I COMPLETELY and PERMANENTLY disable ALL windows updates?

Biting the Hands that FeedAll this BS, Mar 12, 2021
  4. I would like to permanently disable windows 10 update, forever

Any one know how to permanently dissable auto update in windows 10?

Too bad you didn't have a little more patience. It most likely is the Fall Creators update. It can take a couple hours. I am personally aware of 3 cases like yours where the user got impatient. If you look at Update History, most like you will see 1709 failed several times. I suggest you start it again and go to bed. In the morning, you will likely have to reboot, but soon would be good to go.

Disabling Windows Update is a bad idea unless you are very disciplined at manually keeping Windows updated on a timely bases.

Edit comment: Fixed typos.

Bill_Bright, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

I would like to permanently disable windows 10 update, forever

1. I would like to permanently disable windows 10 update, forever - Similar Threads - permanently disable update

2. Stay on Windows 10 forever - permanently disable Windows 11 "upgrade"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stay on Windows 10 forever - permanently disable Windows 11 "upgrade": I'm tired of being harassed by prompts to upgrade to Windows 11, but the only option seems to be to "snooze" them rather than stop the prompts entirely. I do not want, nor do I consent to the update. I don't care that Windows 10 will cease to be supported eventually.I have...
  3. Stay on Windows 10 forever - permanently disable Windows 11 "upgrade"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stay on Windows 10 forever - permanently disable Windows 11 "upgrade": I'm tired of being harassed by prompts to upgrade to Windows 11, but the only option seems to be to "snooze" them rather than stop the prompts entirely. I do not want, nor do I consent to the update. I don't care that Windows 10 will cease to be supported eventually.I have...
  4. Stay on Windows 10 forever - permanently disable Windows 11 "upgrade"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. i would like to update windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i would like to update windows: Dear Sir,I would like to update window 10 from window 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-update-windows/a60c8cc2-f9fd-4288-9b13-21125d4a35c0
  6. i would like to update windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i would like to update windows: Dear Sir,I would like to update window 10 from window 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-update-windows/a60c8cc2-f9fd-4288-9b13-21125d4a35c0
  7. i would like to update windows

8. permanently disable update in windows 10

permanently disable update in windows 10: Hi to all My supervisor ask me to permanent disable updates in windows 10. After a search i fount this Step1 services.msc Windows UpdateStop Startup type -> Disable Restoration -> No action Step 2 gpedit.msc Computer settings -> Management templates ->Windows...
  9. Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.

Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.: I would like to know how to fully disable updates for windows 10. Not partially, not some arbitrary percentage, but COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY! I'm tired of having these updates crammed down my throat without even having a choice in the matter. I'm fully aware that this...
  10. I would like to dlete and disable Cookies

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I would like to dlete and disable Cookies: Help[ me delete 275 Cookies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-dlete-and-disable-cookies/bf4d09f7-a0f0-4985-bc06-907d300cabfe"