Windows 10: I would like to transfer all data programs, files, folders etc from one older windows10 to...

Discus and support I would like to transfer all data programs, files, folders etc from one older windows10 to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to transfer all data programs, files, folders etc from one older windows10 to a newer on. it looks like filehistory does not do the job.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jeanroux1, Jan 29, 2021.

1. jeanroux1 Win User

I would like to transfer all data programs, files, folders etc from one older windows10 to...

I would like to transfer all data programs, files, folders etc from one older windows10 to a newer on. it looks like filehistory does not do the job. do you have suggestions?

:)

jeanroux1, Jan 29, 2021

2. Transferring programs and files

Hi,

I would suggest doing both, transfer first all the program and files to an external hard drive to assure that you will have a backup and not lost program and files then transfer it to new. If you only need to transfer or move the program files and not
    the program itself, you can locate the folder file that contains all of the program information and copies it to an external drive. If the program will not operate from the external hard drive, it is tied into the computer registry of the initial computer
    and cannot be circumvented. If that is the case, only the data files for the program can be used from the external drive.

If you have further question feel free to post.

Renaldo cru, Jan 29, 2021
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Steevo Win User

I would like to transfer all data programs, files, folders etc from one older windows10 to...

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

1. I would like to transfer all data programs, files, folders etc from one older windows10 to... - Similar Threads - transfer data programs

2. How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files Folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files Folder?: My laptop is a 64 bit, I noticed that some of my apps folder are installed on Program Files x86 which is for a 32 bit laptop, I recently discovered that Program Files folder are for a 64bit laptop. How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files? Do I just...
  3. How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files Folder?: My laptop is a 64 bit, I noticed that some of my apps folder are installed on Program Files x86 which is for a 32 bit laptop, I recently discovered that Program Files folder are for a 64bit laptop. How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files? Do I just...
  4. How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. If I move all the Program Files x86, Program Files and the Users Folder, can I transfer all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I move all the Program Files x86, Program Files and the Users Folder, can I transfer all...: Hi!I'm currently transferring all the files from the Program Files x86, Program Files and the Users Folders into OneDrive to then Download the Data back to move it to a different partition as the first partition had problems. I wanted to know if this would supposedly transfer...
  6. If I move all the Program Files x86, Program Files and the Users Folder, can I transfer all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I move all the Program Files x86, Program Files and the Users Folder, can I transfer all...: Hi!I'm currently transferring all the files from the Program Files x86, Program Files and the Users Folders into OneDrive to then Download the Data back to move it to a different partition as the first partition had problems. I wanted to know if this would supposedly transfer...
  7. Getting a new PC, would like to transfer Windows 10 and all Programs and Softawre

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting a new PC, would like to transfer Windows 10 and all Programs and Softawre: So I purchased a new computer, completely new hardware. My old computer pretty much gave up and no longer turns on but the old SSD should still be fine. My question is 1 Can i just unplug the old SSD, and then put it into the new PC, and then clone it? 2 In addition, how...
  8. Best way to transfer files and program data from one desktop to a laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to transfer files and program data from one desktop to a laptop?: My laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad) has been my work computer while I’m at college, but since covid broke out, my laptop’s battery failed and I’ve had to transition to using my desktop as my work computer. When I go back to school in the fall, I’ll be taking both my desktop and my...
  9. Transfer of files/data from old computer to new one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer of files/data from old computer to new one: I have a Dell 'all in one' desk top Inspiron One 2330 (Windows 10) which is failing and not worth repairing. I have purchased another Dell 'all in one' desktop model 3475 also Windows 10. My question is how can I transfer all files and data from the old computer to the new...
  10. I need permission to transfer a file from one folder to another

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I need permission to transfer a file from one folder to another: Heya, I am unable to place one file into another folder because I dont have permission to do so, I have changed the owner ship of my C and D drive to myself, and everything in it, But by doing so I am still unable to move the file from one folder into the other, and...