Windows 10: I would like to use firefox as the default browser that opens start menu links in Windows...

Discus and support I would like to use firefox as the default browser that opens start menu links in Windows... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; From other posts I have read others have the same issue, and I cannot find an answer if this is possible to change from Edge to Firefox. Yes, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThaddeusPearson, Jul 8, 2019.

1. I would like to use firefox as the default browser that opens start menu links in Windows...

From other posts I have read others have the same issue, and I cannot find an answer if this is possible to change from Edge to Firefox. Yes, my default browser is set to Firefox in my Windows 10 settings.

:)

ThaddeusPearson, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jul 8, 2019
  3. JSheridan Win User
    a problem with firefox been the default browser

No I don't remember seeing it before installing Waterfox. Also, I tried uninstalling both Firefox and Waterfox and then installed Firefox, still not present on the Default Browser list.

Windows 10 1809 with the latest updates but the same problem was there in 1803. I didn't notice it before then.

I tried the suggestions in the link you provided and nothing worked except the last one with the command prompt command. That worked on the laptop that was most affected and made Firefox appear on the list and is now my default browser. I would like to use firefox as the default browser that opens start menu links in Windows... :)

I also have a desktop which has had Firefox as the default browser forever but it doesn't show up on the Default Browser list and none of the suggestions worked to make it appear. I'm not going to mess with that one too much as Firefox is already the default browser so I'll be fine unless it somehow gets changed.

Thanks for your help. I would like to use firefox as the default browser that opens start menu links in Windows... :)

JSheridan, Jul 8, 2019
  4. psyko12 Win User

I would like to use firefox as the default browser that opens start menu links in Windows...

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

I would like to use firefox as the default browser that opens start menu links in Windows... prob.jpg

psyko12, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

I would like to use firefox as the default browser that opens start menu links in Windows...

1. I would like to use firefox as the default browser that opens start menu links in Windows... - Similar Threads - firefox default browser

2. Stop edge from opening links and use default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop edge from opening links and use default browser: What is MS's problem with respecting my wishes to use a browser other than Edge to open links. Since this last update Edge is opening more for other links than usually. It was annoying before and now it is unbearable. I have my preferences, and Microsoft is not one of them in...
  3. Stop edge from opening links and use default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop edge from opening links and use default browser: What is MS's problem with respecting my wishes to use a browser other than Edge to open links. Since this last update Edge is opening more for other links than usually. It was annoying before and now it is unbearable. I have my preferences, and Microsoft is not one of them in...
  4. Stop edge from opening links and use default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. downloading firefox for default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading firefox for default browser: I just got this laptop literally an hour ago. I want to install firefox as my default browser. it says I can't do it because I am in "s" mode and need to get an app from the Microsoft store. I can't find the app. I don't want internet explorer as my browser. can someone...
  6. Links don't open in default browser

Links don't open in default browser: I have Firefox set as my default browser, but clicking on links opens Chrome instead of Firefox. Firefox is set as the default in Windows 10 and shows as the default in both Firefox and Chrome....
  7. Firefox not showing as default browser?

Firefox not showing as default browser?: So....I have tried everything (trust me I really have) and I've searched through numerous forums. This issue is just appallingly bad, and it seems to me that it is a deliberate attempt to force me to use browsers that Microsoft wants me to use...rather than what I CHOOSE....
  8. I want Firefox as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    I want Firefox as default browser: I have tried many things and looked for tutorial but I'm still lost. I keep telling Firefox to be my default browser and it doesn't keep the settings. I keep going back to I.E. I go into Firefox and select use as my default browser and that doesn't work. I'm using...
  9. Program I would like to use as default not listed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program I would like to use as default not listed: I have a program I would like to use for photos, PDFs, jpegs, tifs and pngs called "BlueBeam". When I try to use this program as a default, Windows will not list it or even give me an opportunity to search my hardware and select it. How do I fix that ? *Think 56165
  10. How to set MS Office 2016 to open links in Firefox (default browser)?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to set MS Office 2016 to open links in Firefox (default browser)?: Howdy: How do I configure MS Office 2016 Pro Plus (specifically Word, but also PPT, Excel, Pub) to open embedded hyperlinks in my default browser, Firefox, under Win10/Pro? Yes, Firefox is properly configured everywhere I know to look as the default browser. Edge is...