Windows 10: I2C Device Error and Mice and Pointing Devices Missing!

Discus and support I2C Device Error and Mice and Pointing Devices Missing! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Everyone,I have a HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-dh0107tu and 3 days back, while I was using my Laptop and left it for few minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SamuelNicholas_918, Mar 4, 2022.

1. I2C Device Error and Mice and Pointing Devices Missing!

Hi Everyone,I have a HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-dh0107tu and 3 days back, while I was using my Laptop and left it for few minutes untouched, the touchpad was not working. I opened Device Manager I saw that there is a error 10 With the I2C Device From HID Devices. Moreover, Mice And Pointing Devices in Device Manager also disappeared. I tried Getting Drivers from the website [HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-dh0107tu Software and Driver Downloads HP® Customer Support] but could not find drivers for Windows 10 Version[21H2] which was installed on my device. I tried in

:)

SamuelNicholas_918, Mar 4, 2022

2. Mice and other pointing devices missing from Device Manager

My laptop is set for auto update. After an update loaded today my touchpad quit working. I tried several thing to turn it on but nothing worked. When I went to my device manager there is no longer Mice and Other Pointing Devices, listed. How can I fix
    this?

ThomasDelia, Mar 4, 2022
  3. Exter_dg Win User
    Mice and other pointing devices missing

I had been facing some issues with my registry for a few months, and because of which I was not able to update my windows. Also, yesterday my mouse pointer started freezing randomly and frequently (and it won't start unless restarted, sometimes it didn't
    start after restarting too).

I did a lot of things to solve this

• Try updating windows
    • Tried updating device driver ( showed already on the latest version)
    Then I read that I should uninstall mice driver and restart and windows will install it again but it didn't install the driver.

It was HID Complaint mouse(Before deleting it went under Human Interface devices (both hidden)) showing error code 45.

The Lenovo site for my laptop doesn't have a touchpad driver (it was probably a Microsoft driver - HID Complaint mouse, not sure). I even tried instaling Lenovo drivers but that didn't work either.

Finally, I made a live USB drive and did a clean install of Windows 10 (version 2004), but even after that, the mouse pointer along with the driver is missing.

Also, when I run main.cpl after Win+R, it opens the mouse properties. However, the "Device" tab is missing from it and hence I cannot enable/disable it.

Specifications

• Lenovo Ideapad S340-14API
    • Ryzen 5
    • Radeon Vega graphics
    • 128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
    • Windows 10

How can I get my mouse back?

Thanks in advance.

Exter_dg, Mar 4, 2022
  4. I2C Device Error and Mice and Pointing Devices Missing!

Mice and other pointing devices missing from Device Manager

Hello,

Go to Device Manager, under Human Interface Devices, locate I2C HID Device. If it has an error code, or if this device is not working correctly, right click on it and select Update driver.

If it has latest driver already, right click on it select Disable. Then again right click on it, select Enable. See if this resolves the issue.

Else, go to your device manufacturer's website and install latest mouse driver for your system model.

Hope this helps!

Referenced from: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com...ppeared-from-within-device-manager/m-p/161142.

Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 4, 2022
Thema:

I2C Device Error and Mice and Pointing Devices Missing!

1. I2C Device Error and Mice and Pointing Devices Missing! - Similar Threads - I2C Device Error

2. Mice and other pointing devices AND Human Interface Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mice and other pointing devices AND Human Interface Devices missing from Device Manager: I recently updated my computer, and when it finished updating, my mouse cursor was gone. I looked up a solution where I had to go to “Mice and other pointing devices” but that was gone. In order to get it back, I had to go to Human Interface Devices, but that was gone too. I...
  3. mice and pointing device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mice and pointing device: In my mice and pointing device instead of 2 only 1 driver is showing after update , I forget the name of the 2 drivers but now in the only 1 driver is showing & that is ELAN input device . I want to know that by this can , I face any issue in the future . I have updated it...
  4. mice and pointing device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mice and pointing device: In my mice and pointing device instead of 2 only 1 driver is showing after update , I forget the name of the 2 drivers but now in the only 1 driver is showing & that is ELAN input device . I want to know that by this can , I face any issue in the future . I have updated it...
  5. mice and pointing device

6. I2C Device Error and Mice and Pointing Devices Missing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C Device Error and Mice and Pointing Devices Missing!: Hi Everyone,I have a HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-dh0107tu and 3 days back, while I was using my Laptop and left it for few minutes untouched, the touchpad was not working. I opened Device Manager I saw that there is a error 10 With the I2C Device From HID...
  7. I2C Device Error and Mice and Pointing Devices Missing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I2C Device Error and Mice and Pointing Devices Missing!: Hi Everyone,I have a HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-dh0107tu and 3 days back, while I was using my Laptop and left it for few minutes untouched, the touchpad was not working. I opened Device Manager I saw that there is a error 10 With the I2C Device From HID...
  8. Mice and other pointing devices missing from device manager

Mice and other pointing devices missing from device manager: This has really been bothering me for the last few days and has rendered my laptop basically un-useable. My touchpad does not work at all and nor does plugging in a mouse via USB. I checked the device manager and the Mice and other pointing devices category was missing....
  9. Mice and other pointing devices missing

Mice and other pointing devices missing: I had been facing some issues with my registry for a few months, and because of which I was not able to update my windows. Also, yesterday my mouse pointer started freezing randomly and frequently and it won't start unless restarted, sometimes it didn't start after restarting...
  10. Mice and other pointing devices missing from Device Manager

Mice and other pointing devices missing from Device Manager: My laptop is set for auto update. After an update loaded today my touchpad quit working. I tried several thing to turn it on but nothing worked. When I went to my device manager there is no longer Mice and Other Pointing Devices, listed. How can I fix this?...