Windows 10: I2C HID device cannot start (code 10)

Discus and support I2C HID device cannot start (code 10) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having recurring issues with the Input Devices (touch screen, keyboard, etc.) on my HP Spectre X360. I have gone through all of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeneSchulfer, Mar 2, 2019.

1. I2C HID device cannot start (code 10)

I am having recurring issues with the Input Devices (touch screen, keyboard, etc.) on my HP Spectre X360. I have gone through all of the troubleshooting I can find on here and elsewhere on the web. I have done all of the following, and more, multiple times. Computer reset, BIOS update, Uninstall I2C HID device, Windows updates, reset Windows 10, complete reinstall of Windows 10, Hardware tests.

Occasionally some of these steps work, for a while. I can sometimes go 2 weeks without an issue. I can run the HP hardware tests (before Windows loads) and everything is fine, always, so it does not seem to be a hardware (or BIOS) issue. The last time I had a problem (before today) was after I set up Windows Hello facial recognition. After disabling that again and resetting the PC everything was fine for about 2 weeks. Today when I started the PC I lost all input devices again and had to attach a wireless USB keyboard and mouse.

From my online searching this appears to be a recurring issue going back 3 or 4 years and it seems to affect more brands than just HP.

Does anyone have an actual solution???

:)

GeneSchulfer, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Annisa- Win User

I2C HID Driver

Hi, recently I brought Lenovo Yoga 330 which description should have a multi touch input. But when I checked in the Device Manager the HID Compliat Touch Screen were gray and based on some suggestion, I try to uninstall it but it never recover. Then suddenly
    there is two I2C HID, but the other one has an error code 10 "This device cannot start. A request for the HID descriptor failed."

Here's the problem, I can't find any driver that compatible with my yoga 330. is there any solution for this problem? hope the pict helped! thankyouuuu
    I2C HID device cannot start (code 10) 07109ef2-10cc-40b4-b7ba-2c7fc6a7699e?upload=true.jpg

Annisa-, Mar 2, 2019
  3. appros Win User
    Uninstalled KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device

I recently upgraded to windows 10, and have had problems with my touchscreen driver. When I touched on the screen or on a capacitive button, the area of the screen that the actual finger touch effected was less than the total area of the screen. On boundaries random things happened. I uninstalled a "KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device" driver, which has obviously stopped the touchscreen from working. I'm using a Chuwi Vi10, but this is probably irrelevant. I already have another one that is working perfectly, also running windows 10. It lists both a "HID-compliant touch screen" and the "KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device" that the other tablet does not have. I can't find a way to reinstall this driver, as every time the automatic driver update search for the unknown device fails, and I can't find the manufacturer (Silead) on the list of drivers.

Any ideas on how I could get the working driver of the working (identical) tablet on the driverless one? Essentially I just need to be able to get the touchscreen working which is the only thing not functioning after the update to windows 10. I haven't been able to roll back to windows 8 either.

appros, Mar 2, 2019
  4. I2C HID device cannot start (code 10)

HID-compliant mouse. Device Status:This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Have you tried updating the driver for the HID-compliant mouse?

Follow these steps on how to update the driver:

To do this, follow these steps:

• In Device Manager, click the Driver tab in the device's Properties dialog box.
    • Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard.
    • Follow the instructions to update the driver.
    If that does not work, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your laptop directly and ask for updated drivers for Windows 10.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

I2C HID device cannot start (code 10)

1. I2C HID device cannot start (code 10) - Similar Threads - I2C HID device

2. I2C HID Device - This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C HID Device - This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed.: So i'm attempting to fix an HP Pavilion x360 14-dh2034nr with issues related to the touchpad. There's a yellow triangle next to the driver and nothing I do seems to fix it.I have already reinstalled windows while keeping all my files, attempted to find the newest driver for...
  3. I2C HID Device - Not Starting - Code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C HID Device - Not Starting - Code 10: Hey there,I am not exactly a computer professional and I am having a problem that I cannot find the solution to. I have read through several 10-15 threads here at microsoft.com also Discord channels for Razer PC, and AMD Community help. I have spoken with the IT team at my...
  4. I2C HID Device - Not Starting - Code 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I2C HID Device - Not Starting - Code 10: Hey there,I am not exactly a computer professional and I am having a problem that I cannot find the solution to. I have read through several 10-15 threads here at microsoft.com also Discord channels for Razer PC, and AMD Community help. I have spoken with the IT team at my...
  5. I2C HID Device This device cannot start. code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C HID Device This device cannot start. code 10: I am facing this since 2-3 weeks when I try to update the driver It shows the error Device cannot start code 10 I am having HP Pavilion x360 laptop so is there any fix of this please tell. I have done a reset to this pc it was fixed and after some days again this problem...
  6. I2C HID Device This device cannot start. code 10

I2C HID Device This device cannot start. code 10: I am facing this since 2-3 weeks when I try to update the driver It shows the error Device cannot start code 10 I am having HP Pavilion x360 laptop so is there any fix of this please tell. I have done a reset to this pc it was fixed and after some days again this problem...
  7. I2C HID Device has error "This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID...

I2C HID Device has error "This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID...: I have tried many fixes for this, including all the ones in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoLq4uc3SDQ&t=2s&ab_channel=VideoCovery but nothing has worked. Please let me know how I can fix this....
  8. I2C HID Device has error "This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I2C HID Device has error "This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID...: I have tried many fixes for this, including all the ones in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoLq4uc3SDQ&t=2s&ab_channel=VideoCovery but nothing has worked. Please let me know how I can fix this....
  9. I2C HID Device Cannot Start

I2C HID Device Cannot Start: Due to this problem, my touchpad is not working. I just want to resolve this problem. This problem had occurred to me 3-4 months and I had tried each and everything from my knowledge Uninstalling, updating, instating drivers from manufacturers, windows updates, scan for...
  10. HID I2C Device Code 10: Cannot Start Touchpad

HID I2C Device Code 10: Cannot Start Touchpad: Hello: It's been a while since this problem appeared on my laptop. After a windows update, the touchpad hasn't worked and trying to update the drivers doesn't do anything at all, and at the Lenovo page there are no drivers for the touchpad. My laptop is a Lenovo Legion Y730...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a request for the hid descriptor failed.

2. This device cannot start. (Code 10)A request for the HID descriptor failed.

3. I2C HID device cannot start code 10

4. i2c hid device code 10,
  5. i2c hid device ,
  6. a request for the hid descriptor failed,
  7. i2c hid device windows 10,
  8. This device cannot start. (Code 10) A request for the HID descriptor failed.,
  9. i2c hid device not starting,
  10. i2c hid acpi device cannot start,
  11. i2c hid device this device cannot start,
  12. i2c hid device cannot start,
  13. i2c hid device driver windows 10,
  14. i2c hid device wont start,
  15. i2c hid microsoft 10.0.18362.1