Windows 10: I2C HID Device Error

Discus and support I2C HID Device Error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HI, I recently bought Infinix inbook X2 for my father,when he was using the laptop the touchpad is not working, so i check the device manager and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Haniel_719, Aug 23, 2023.

1. I2C HID Device Error

HI, I recently bought Infinix inbook X2 for my father,when he was using the laptop the touchpad is not working, so i check the device manager and when there is a warning sign on the I2C HID Device, and when i click it it says "This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed"can anyone help me ? I cant upload my screenshot so im gonna upload it from here

:)

Haniel_719, Aug 23, 2023
  2. NongJin Win User

Touch screen stops working -I2C HID device error

I have a LG gram laptop 16T90P-KAAE7UI running windows 11. In the last few months, touch screen has been intermittely stopping working. The device manager always showed there was an error in I2C HID device - This device cannot start (code 10). Usually, I could recover by doing one of the following things:

• disabling and enabling the device,
    • simply rebooting the system or
    • uninstalling the device and then restart the laptop.
    Today, after pushing the sleep button on the side of the laptop and then pushing it again to wake up the laptop, touch screen completely stopped working. None of the methods mentioned above works. Touch screen function refues to work and device manager always shows that I2C HID device cannot start (code 10). The following message appeared with recovery attempts

• A request for the HID descriptor failed (most often), or
    • The device failed the SET_POWER command, or
    • One byte was expected in the report descriptor but not found
    I also did update from Windows update and LG update center. All things have been updated to date. No luck to make touch screen work again.

Touchpad always works without issue. What else can I do to fix the I2C HID device error and bring touch screen back to work?

Thanks.

NongJin, Aug 23, 2023
  3. Nam Vu1 Win User
    Duplicate I2C HID device (touchpad) in Device Manager

Hi,

I'm using Dell Inspiron 13 7370 with Windows 11. I work well in 6 months, but now I cannot using multi-finger 's function of the touchpad. After checking for a while, I found something:

- I2C HID Device is duplicated with error code 10

- The working I2C HID device has the same registry key value (the same Class Guid) with the other I2C HID Device

- No HID-compliant touchpad in device list

- Now the mousepad works as left-mouse click only

What I've already tried:

- Update latest Window update

- Update all Dell driver

- Installed Touchpad driver software from Dell (after running the exe file, it said my laptop doen't need this installation)

- Restore backup

- Search UpperFilters, LowerFilters of I2C HID in registry for deletion but not found any upperfilters, lowerfilters key

Please help to fix it.

Thanks,

Nam

I2C HID Device Error [​IMG]

Nam Vu1, Aug 23, 2023
  4. I2C HID Device Error

I2C HID Device

I cant seem to fix my I2C HID Device even in windows update and because of that my touchpad has completely disappeared .Can someone please help me ?

Phil Kyamulesire, Aug 23, 2023
Thema:

I2C HID Device Error

1. I2C HID Device Error - Similar Threads - I2C HID Device

2. I2C HID Device Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I2C HID Device Error: HI, I recently bought Infinix inbook X2 for my father,when he was using the laptop the touchpad is not working, so i check the device manager and when there is a warning sign on the I2C HID Device, and when i click it it says "This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for...
  3. I2C HID Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C HID Device: I cant seem to fix my I2C HID Device even in windows update and because of that my touchpad has completely disappeared .Can someone please help me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i2c-hid-device/688e9241-1c4a-4163-9fa3-8546503ab65f
  4. I2C HID Device

I2C HID Device: I cant seem to fix my I2C HID Device even in windows update and because of that my touchpad has completely disappeared .Can someone please help me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i2c-hid-device/688e9241-1c4a-4163-9fa3-8546503ab65f
  5. I2C HID device code error 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C HID device code error 10: i tried to reinstalling it , i cannot roll back the device version , i also tried updating it and it says the best driver is already installed for you. What do i do. laptop model FX 505DT the touchpad is not working. it happens after i switch my keyboard....
  6. I2C HID device code error 10

I2C HID device code error 10: i tried to reinstalling it , i cannot roll back the device version , i also tried updating it and it says the best driver is already installed for you. What do i do. laptop model FX 505DT the touchpad is not working. it happens after i switch my keyboard....
  7. I2C HID device code error 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I2C HID device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I2C HID device: This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed. Because of this device I cannot run HID compliant mouse driver, thus unable to use touchpad gestures....
  9. I2C HID device

I2C HID device: I can't scrolling or do any gestures with my touchpad DELL XPS 9570 I've changed my touchpad from Dell surport. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i2c-hid-device/a9a58e0c-52ff-471e-b557-1a9776df721b
  10. I2C HID Device Driver

I2C HID Device Driver: My Laptop is Dell Inspiron 5567, and I am using windows 10 operating system. My touchpad gestures are not working correctly. When I go to Device Manager, I found that I2C HID Device is not working well. It shows the device cannot start (Code 10) in properties. Can someone...