Windows 10: i3-4170 would it be faster on win 7 or win 10?

Discus and support i3-4170 would it be faster on win 7 or win 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I read some machines actually run faster on win 10, wanted to get your feedback before reformatting the computer. I recently upgraded the dd3 ram to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jarjar255, Aug 2, 2020.

1. i3-4170 would it be faster on win 7 or win 10?

I read some machines actually run faster on win 10, wanted to get your feedback before reformatting the computer. I recently upgraded the dd3 ram to 8gb, so should sufficient for win 10?

What else can I do to make the best of what I currently have? I have an internal non-SSD drive, I was thinking a USB SSD boot/daily use and just use the internal drive as storage. How much more of a performance boost would I gain from that?

Thanks for any input guys!

submitted by /u/jarjar255
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jarjar255, Aug 2, 2020

2. is win 10 faster then win 7

Hi ChrisBonomi

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. It is a very subjective opinion. But for same hardware, Win 7 is faster than Win 10 as per my experience. But I feel startup is faster in Win 10. But there are performance tests like below which prove that Win
    10 is faster

Why Windows 10 is superior to Windows 7 -
    https://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/wind...

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Disclaimer - This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Vijay_Verma, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Win 7 and NVidia overclocking?

Just curious how you Win 7 users are overclocking your NVidia cards. Riva Tuner won't work. Any suggestions?

johnnyfiive, Aug 2, 2020
  4. adoornik Win User

i3-4170 would it be faster on win 7 or win 10?

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

i3-4170 would it be faster on win 7 or win 10?

1. i3-4170 would it be faster on win 7 or win 10? - Similar Threads - 4170 faster

2. I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?: Hi ... I have a serious problem. Let me explain. There are two hard drives in my computer and one of them failed. I mean the reading speed of one of them is very very low. The health of that HDD is 0 and the Health check software says that the HDD has got some bad sectors on...
  3. I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?: Hi ... I have a serious problem. Let me explain. There are two hard drives in my computer and one of them failed. I mean the reading speed of one of them is very very low. The health of that HDD is 0 and the Health check software says that the HDD has got some bad sectors on...
  4. Slow Wi-Fi on PC, Faster on Phone's Hotspot Despite Same Router Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Wi-Fi on PC, Faster on Phone's Hotspot Despite Same Router Connection: I'm using network adapter. I'm experiencing slow Wi-Fi connection on my PC when connected to my router, but the connection is faster when I use my phone's hotspot, even though both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network from the router. Any insights on why this might...
  5. dual booting faster

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual booting faster: How to make dual booting faster* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-booting-faster/71c51c61-6869-4074-ba67-aa1a21144757
  6. What can I do so that it no longer appears and my apps run faster again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do so that it no longer appears and my apps run faster again: When I log in, this image appears briefly and my PC apps then take a while to start. When I went to the white setup screen, it said something with a Microsoft account....
  7. What can I do so that it no longer appears and my apps run faster again

What can I do so that it no longer appears and my apps run faster again: When I log in, this image appears briefly and my PC apps then take a while to start. When I went to the white setup screen, it said something with a Microsoft account....
  8. Ion my pc I disabled something to make it faster. Now I can my connectivity is disconnected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ion my pc I disabled something to make it faster. Now I can my connectivity is disconnected.: Connectivity is disconnected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ion-my-pc-i-disabled-something-to-make-it-faster/58044054-2d84-4583-b6a9-d0db754131ff
  9. Ion my pc I disabled something to make it faster. Now I can my connectivity is disconnected.

Ion my pc I disabled something to make it faster. Now I can my connectivity is disconnected.: Connectivity is disconnected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ion-my-pc-i-disabled-something-to-make-it-faster/58044054-2d84-4583-b6a9-d0db754131ff
  10. Ion my pc I disabled something to make it faster. Now I can my connectivity is disconnected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware