Windows 10: i3-4170 would it be faster on win 7 or win 10?

Discus and support i3-4170 would it be faster on win 7 or win 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I read some machines actually run faster on win 10, wanted to get your feedback before reformatting the computer. I recently upgraded the dd3 ram to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jarjar255, Aug 2, 2020 at 4:52 AM.

1. i3-4170 would it be faster on win 7 or win 10?

I read some machines actually run faster on win 10, wanted to get your feedback before reformatting the computer. I recently upgraded the dd3 ram to 8gb, so should sufficient for win 10?

What else can I do to make the best of what I currently have? I have an internal non-SSD drive, I was thinking a USB SSD boot/daily use and just use the internal drive as storage. How much more of a performance boost would I gain from that?

Thanks for any input guys!

submitted by /u/jarjar255
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jarjar255, Aug 2, 2020 at 4:52 AM

2. is win 10 faster then win 7

Hi ChrisBonomi

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. It is a very subjective opinion. But for same hardware, Win 7 is faster than Win 10 as per my experience. But I feel startup is faster in Win 10. But there are performance tests like below which prove that Win
    10 is faster

Why Windows 10 is superior to Windows 7 -
    https://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/wind...

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Disclaimer - This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Vijay_Verma, Aug 2, 2020 at 4:57 AM
  3. Win 7 and NVidia overclocking?

Just curious how you Win 7 users are overclocking your NVidia cards. Riva Tuner won't work. Any suggestions?

johnnyfiive, Aug 2, 2020 at 4:57 AM
  4. adoornik Win User

i3-4170 would it be faster on win 7 or win 10?

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

Thema:

i3-4170 would it be faster on win 7 or win 10?

1. i3-4170 would it be faster on win 7 or win 10? - Similar Threads - 4170 faster

2. Using more cores faster?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using more cores faster?: I hate to bug the staff team, but if i change the ammount of processors from 1 to 4 will it speed up my computer, or will it put it in a boot loop, because i heard some people say it put it in a boot loop. :/...
  3. im trying to get my computer working faster will these commands help from an article i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im trying to get my computer working faster will these commands help from an article i...: Fsutil behavior set memoryusage 2FSutil 8dot3name set 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-get-my-computer-working-faster-will/d18c49d7-7f2b-4046-a861-9d07d5e360dd
  4. Combine LAN and Mobile Hotspot for faster downloads?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Combine LAN and Mobile Hotspot for faster downloads?: Is it possible under Windows 10 Pro to combine the LAN connection with a mobile phone hotspot for faster downloads? If so, how? https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/lan-und-mobiler-hotspot-kombinieren-fuer-schnelleren-download
  5. Mouse feels WAY faster after factory reset...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse feels WAY faster after factory reset...: I use the Zowie EC2 and the Razer DeathAdder Elite and Iv'e already turned enhanced pointer precision off but just moving both mice in game or out of game feels so weird now. submitted by /u/-YasUke- [link] [comments]...
  6. I want to make my PC run faster, but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to make my PC run faster, but...: My Gaming laptop has slow internet speeds, but when I run a speed test, it shows over 100 megabytes (or maybe megabits, I'm not entirely sure) per second, for both download and upload, which are accurate, because that's the speed shown on multiple devices and with multiple...
  7. Internet Speed Faster in Safe Mode, Native Ookla App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Speed Faster in Safe Mode, Native Ookla App: Hello, hoping someone here can help me. I have spent days trying to figure this out. I am on Win10 Version 2004, all updates done. I have gigabit from my ISP, verified at the router, modem. In fact, when I run the native app Speedtest by Ookla I consistently see 960mbps....
  8. Faster shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Faster shutdown: Hi, My PC is very slow on shutdown and I knew the reason it is my external drive connected to usb port, I think it take time waiting to disconnet from it first so is there a way to force disconnect from my external drive on restart or shutdown ? 160317
  9. Internet Speed Faster in Safe Mode, Native Ookla App

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Internet Speed Faster in Safe Mode, Native Ookla App: Hello, hoping someone here can help me. I have spent days trying to figure this out. I am on Win10 Version 2004, all updates done. I have gigabit from my ISP, verified at the router, modem. In fact, when I run the native app Speedtest by Ookla I consistently see 960mbps....
  10. Faster shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Faster shutdown: Hi, My PC is very slow on shutdown and I knew the reason it is my external drive connected to usb port, I think it take time waiting to disconnet from it first so is there a way to force disconnect from my external drive on restart or shutdown ? 160317