Windows 10: i5 6400 Skylake reporting low temperatures

Discus and support i5 6400 Skylake reporting low temperatures in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I builded a pc a not so long time ago, and I noticed the CPU temperatues are quite low between 5 - 12 degrees. When I opened a game (Dirt 3)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GianniDPC, May 4, 2016.

1. GianniDPC Win User

i5 6400 Skylake reporting low temperatures

Hello, I builded a pc a not so long time ago, and I noticed the CPU temperatues are quite low between 5 - 12 degrees.

When I opened a game (Dirt 3) the temperatures jumped up to around 15 degrees, but is it possible that the cpu heat sensor is defect? I mean it is good to have good temps but aren't these temps a bit too low? Or is this normal and nothing to be concerned about?

Thanks in advance

:)

GianniDPC, May 4, 2016

2. Windows 10 and CPU

Not sure if this has been asked.

Im currently building a new computer. I'm thinking of borrowing the CPU (i5 6400)out of my current computer for the new build until I purchase a newer CPU (i7 6700k).

Once I install my current CPU (i5 6400) i understand i will need a new subscription for windows, which is fine.

Im wondering when i buy the new cpu (i7 6700k) and put the old cpu (i5 6400) back in the old computer, if i will then have to reacivate a new windows account (originaly came with the computer) as well as activating a new account on the new CPU

make sense?

brettmerriman, May 4, 2016
  3. Core vs Home Version - whats the diff?

Mr. Haidae Tam, thank you once again for the very interesting reading. There is much that can be performed with Windows 10 Iot Core on a small device.

This leaves me further puzzled.

I used the Windows 10 Update Advisor to update the desktop to 1703 15063.13, which later updated to 15063.138.

This desktop PC is an Acer Aspire TC-780 with a i5 6400 Skylake CPU, 32GB RAM, with the OS installed on a M.2 SSD.

It is a wonderful, powerful PC.

How does this machine get classified as a simple, small device or IoT Core machine?

This is not a problem, just very curious to me. Please do not exaggerate the importance.

Thank you for your thoughts, links and knowledge.

MikeTriantafelo, May 4, 2016
  4. i5 6400 Skylake reporting low temperatures

Have you tried other applications to monitor the temperatures to see if it is software-related or sensor-related?

DeaconFrost, May 4, 2016
  5. GianniDPC Win User
    Yes that was indeed the problem CoreTemp showed this right temps. Thanks!

GianniDPC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

i5 6400 Skylake reporting low temperatures

1. i5 6400 Skylake reporting low temperatures - Similar Threads - 6400 Skylake reporting

2. GPU temperature .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPU temperature .: In new window 10 updated version 2004:- gpu temperature features show only for dedicated gpu or integrated gpu or both please tell ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-temperature/280b6804-9cf8-4573-b737-cdd870c711a1
  3. I5 consuming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I5 consuming: I have a I5-8400 and right after i did the new update every app started consuming a LOT of cpu and gpu for no reason submitted by /u/jajagibu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8a08h/i5_consuming/
  4. Gpu temperature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gpu temperature: I checked max temperature for nvidia gtx 1050ti and i7 8th gen and I found out that max temperature for gpu is 97 degrees and cpu is 100 degrees . Then i observed that the temperature recorded while playing Star wars: the fallen order was 89-90 degrees for gpu and 90-95...
  5. i5-8400 - Asus B360M-A Temperature tests

i5-8400 - Asus B360M-A Temperature tests: HEllo again ! This morning was heat testing time for my processor, to see if everything cools fine.. so I tried a couple of things to stress the processor. First of all, I use the stock Intel heat sink and fan that came with the i5-8400 and on the Intel page, it's written...
  6. temperature on the toolbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    temperature on the toolbar?: why can"t I get the temperature on my toolbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temperature-on-the-toolbar/eeffddad-bc18-48a5-aeca-ec31d0a29495
  7. Why surface i5 not as fast as pc i5

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why surface i5 not as fast as pc i5: I have a 5 year old pc with an i5 and 8 MB Ram so I thought a new surface pro i5 and 8MB Ram must be significantly faster then the old desktop but I was wrong . Why is the modern surface so much slower than an old desktop?...
  8. i3 to i5?

i3 to i5?: Hi, is it possible to swap an i3 (Acer 5741 i3-350-M) to an i5 (Acer 5751 which I think is a i5-2450 )? Is this feasible please? Many thanks! 95515
  9. i5-6400 @ 30°C - temperature malfunction?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    i5-6400 @ 30°C - temperature malfunction?: Hi, Sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread. I built this custom build a while back in October of 2016. My concern is that the cpu never goes over 60°C even while playing games (skyrim/csgo).Also the cpu sits around 30°C when browsing or doing some work...
  10. CPU temperatures

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU temperatures: Hello Forum. last night my PC suddenly switched off 2 times within 3 hours. I didnt get a BSOD, just switched off. I did some googling to get some info, and saw it may be a case of CPU cooler, or fan, dust etc etc. I also downloaded some software to see the temp of my...