Windows 10: I5 consuming

Discus and support I5 consuming in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a I5-8400 and right after i did the new update every app started consuming a LOT of cpu and gpu for no reason submitted by /u/jajagibu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jajagibu, Jun 14, 2020.

1. I5 consuming

I have a I5-8400 and right after i did the new update every app started consuming a LOT of cpu and gpu for no reason

submitted by /u/jajagibu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jajagibu, Jun 14, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Jun 14, 2020
  3. why is local host consume all my network when i'm using usb tether?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Have you protected your Wi-Fi connection through password?

If you have not set any password for the Wi-Fi connection then it is possible that other people can share your data using your Wi-Fi connection. So I suggest you to protect your password.

Also if any background services are running on your computer then it might consume the data more, please refer to the below steps to check the services and end it.

• Press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” and click on “Task Manager”.
    • Click on “More Details” and under processes check which services are consuming more bandwidth and right click on it, click on “End Task”.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 14, 2020
  4. I5 consuming

Core i5 Overclocking and Feedback

Ok. Can someone help with an idiot's guide to ocing an i5? I have oced before on my 775, but a clear step by step guide will be most helpful.

To me and others.

Thx.

King Wookie, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

I5 consuming

1. I5 consuming - Similar Threads - consuming

2. Why is the system consuming so much internet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the system consuming so much internet?: What is the system doing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-system-consuming-so-much-internet/b6a59228-c254-4dfc-af48-10706852483e
  3. Why is the system consuming so much internet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the system consuming so much internet?: What is the system doing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-system-consuming-so-much-internet/b6a59228-c254-4dfc-af48-10706852483e
  4. Task manager shows wrong memory consumed by processes after the recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager shows wrong memory consumed by processes after the recent updates: After one of the recent updates Task Manager in Windows 11 shows memory consumed by processes in its Details tab as single kilobytes which is obviously wrong. Look at the screenshot, it shows Visual Studio with a heavy project loaded:Clearly this information is wrong, before...
  5. Task manager shows wrong memory consumed by processes after the recent updates

Task manager shows wrong memory consumed by processes after the recent updates: After one of the recent updates Task Manager in Windows 11 shows memory consumed by processes in its Details tab as single kilobytes which is obviously wrong. Look at the screenshot, it shows Visual Studio with a heavy project loaded:Clearly this information is wrong, before...
  6. "Start" process consuming too much RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Start" process consuming too much RAM: Lately some of my apps started to crash because of insufficient memory. When I checked the task manager, I saw that the "Start" process was eating about 4GB's of RAM. I killed the process and it did go back to normal. But it happens every once in a while with seemingly no...
  7. "Start" process consuming too much RAM

"Start" process consuming too much RAM: Lately some of my apps started to crash because of insufficient memory. When I checked the task manager, I saw that the "Start" process was eating about 4GB's of RAM. I killed the process and it did go back to normal. But it happens every once in a while with seemingly no...
  8. How to I contact a senior microsoft tech as a retail consumer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I contact a senior microsoft tech as a retail consumer: I have a issue with Windows 11 that has been ongoing for months now. I have reached out to microsoft chat line and get told to reset / reinstall Windows which is not fixing the issue.I have spent many hours today reinstalling Windows for the 5th time, time last week when it...
  9. How to I contact a senior microsoft tech as a retail consumer

How to I contact a senior microsoft tech as a retail consumer: I have a issue with Windows 11 that has been ongoing for months now. I have reached out to microsoft chat line and get told to reset / reinstall Windows which is not fixing the issue.I have spent many hours today reinstalling Windows for the 5th time, time last week when it...
  10. Microsoft clarifies Windows 10 paid update for consumers will be revealed later

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft clarifies Windows 10 paid update for consumers will be revealed later: Windows 10 will reach the end of support on October 14, 2025, but you can extend support by paying an annual fee. Ahead of the deadline, Microsoft has shared details of Windows 10 extended updates, which may cost up to $61 for enterprises. The company told me that it would...