Windows 10: I5, Win 10, 4Gig Ram, 64 Bit computer has been "lagging" for 3 years.

Discus and support I5, Win 10, 4Gig Ram, 64 Bit computer has been "lagging" for 3 years. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, my computer has been having issues for 3+ years. I've had 2 accounts here. This one goes back to early 2017, I will post the discussions where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tonys317, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Tonys317 Win User

I5, Win 10, 4Gig Ram, 64 Bit computer has been "lagging" for 3 years.

So, my computer has been having issues for 3+ years. I've had 2 accounts here. This one goes back to early 2017, I will post the discussions where I reference this issue. You really only need to read the first section - TY TY!

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM (If you do not care about the story, here is the problem). The last section might help too. I will pay you to read - seriously:
    All of my resources feel "drained". The CPU, MEMORY or DISK (task manager) shoot up to 100%. The computer screen(monitor) 'glosses' over with a transparent white color. Whatever program I am running at that time typically says "(NOT RESPONDING)". The computer often slows to where the letters I type do not immediately "populate" on the screen, that make sense? This white gloss lasts 10 + min to - forever. On occasion it goes away in 1-2 min. Often times a dialogue box pops up during this time saying there was a bad crash or something and do I want to "END" the task/program or "WAIT"? Typically ending it takes me back to my desktop. When I look at task manager resources are STILL HIGH but eventually taper off. 60% of the time this error just locks everything up to the degree when I must attempt a soft reboot 1-20 times or a cold shut down - baZinga (plug out of wall). The problem most often occurs after WOW (Warcraft) is loaded (Described below). The problem typically occurs when the computer has been running for 15 + minutes often 30 + minutes or more. It boots ok and typically takes a bit of use for this problem to present itself. This is what bothers me: I just checked my Intel Drivers, Nvidia Drivers and all other drivers (I a not technical) person can think of. I ran MEMTEST this week, I ran a test for my HD this week, I ran the test for my CPU/GPU (from Invidia) and ALL TESTS ALWAYS pass with flying colors. Neither my CPU or Video card (GPU?) run hot. My internet connection IS FAST! I can download 3 programs, stream youtube, watch Netflix/hulu and numerous other things with little interruption until this error presents itself.

The kid (my kid) has been playing WOW (Warcraft)for 10 years. The problem seems to almost always occur when WOW is loaded (85% of the time). When he plays WOW (Warcraft) his game lags to the point where the virtual environment around him takes 5 min to build - FPS drops to 10-15. Where as at a friends the same graphics on a slower CPU build in 5-10 seconds or instantly (literally). After loading WOW (no other MMO, Game, Program - not Adobe, not Fortenite, I've tried to recreate the error with many programs running dozens at once)…. It seems to mostly be WOW. I have over 100 hours logged with them. I gave out so much personal information about ISP/CPU/Data I was hacked (I talk about it here, in another post - 2017)

Why not just DELETE WOW!
    The problem still does happen. This is not the sole or "primary" cause. However, something this program does and no other (Not eve, Startrek, Professional Audio/Video editing programs) nothing creates this resource vacuum as quickly as WOW. The KID has been playing it for 10 yrs. Neither of us have much. The problem mostly impacts him. Typically rebooting it seems to resolve it (for 30-40 minutes)

WHY haven't you fixed it yet?
    Well, I have been asking here for 3 years. 1 problem seems to be "post and runners". They give a few line suggestion, mean well & have great intention. But then they go away. ANOTHER problem people who are amazing! They offer the typical/standard troubleshooting replies. This is persistent/'chronic'(long term & repetitive) issue. The bandaid fixes have been tried for 3 yrs. The real PROBLEM I can't tip anyone on this forum. There is no real incentive for them to dig in with me, I'd love to offer someone $100 now or donate to any charity on their behalf, I will but I believe I can not, it violates TOS?

BUY a new computer
    I HAVE (sort of). To resolve this I have purchased a new HD, Video Card, PSU, RAM and been through 2 ISP providers with a NEW modem/router. I've spent $500 in 3 yrs.

Why haven't you bought a new computer (REALLY?!!?!)?
    My computer is an I5, it works great when it works. Its not really broken. I am broken though, I have PTSD. Money is for food, school and the kid, not me. I earn enough but never for this, it should be a fixable problem too, I bet. Its I really do not have $400-600 to spend on a used one a bit faster. I have a 2tb HD, Win10 64 bit, NVIDIA GTX 1050 TI, newer great PSU new mouse/keyboard and all. Its a fine computer the kid uses it for school I use it as a glorified word processor and to surf the web. I do ebay/amazon.

What have you done?
    Bought new HD, Ram, PSU, Videocard
    If you will help or have general out of the box thoughts, I can make a detailed list.
    I've been to bleeping computer, this site and similar ones for 3 years.
    I reinstalled/uninstalled windows multiple times
    I called the manufacturer (LEVNO - did I spell it right?)
    I RUN LITERALLY EVERY hard/software program I know of
    I spoke with mcaffee and many other virus/maleware people - bought their services too
    I update drivers
    I clean internal/external parts
    TALKED to microsoft
    POSTED ON the microsoft help group - THAT IS AWFUL people are too techy and their replies OMG.
    -- But I can implement them. However, I never get the same helper 2x. No one sticks with you
    and a million other things.

What do you think it is, Tony
    Well, it is not a persistent trojan, work or virus. Unless it loaded itself into the ram then into the new HD or hid them hopped to the new HD.

It might be the graphics card but all NVIDIA testing applications along with Intel say it is fine. The drivers are always updated, I have it plugged in tightly. BUT!!! I vaguely remember buying it 3 yrs ago when this began. I might be wrong. GPU resources never shoot up however the screen turns a transparent white (WTHeck is that?) might be video.

Could it be a monitor? I do not know I am asking

Whenever I ask about automatically updating all of me devices/DRIVERS on this forum I GET YELLED AT!!! Possibly there is a device or "thing" I am accidentally forgetting or not knowing about. Possibly something needs updated. I always update windows.

MEMTEST says the ram is fine. This problem began with old ram and persisted after I bought new. However, the problem has something to do with lag/resources being eaten and slowness. Ram impacts speed right? Might it be ram related?

No one has ever looked at my error log. I do not think many humans actually genuinely understand it. I have tens of thousands of errors, I believe. I bet if someone absolutely knew how to read it or knew where to look it would help. People here typically tell me to just ignore it errors there are common.

Could it have to do with cache or temp files when the hard drive files? It often takes 20 min before occurring. When I shut it down or reboot, the error goes away. That has to have a bit of value right? Cleaning the chalk board also erases the problem for a long time - always for a bit.

Did I change a setting? Heck I have no idea. Oddly in 3 yrs no one asks. Co-processors, bios and who knows, I never intended to. But I could have accidentally did it. But the computer has been set to "default", uninstalled and reinstalled many times. Is there a simple setting that might cause this?

COULD IT BE THE MONITOR? The problem has persisted through 2 monitors though. But do you understand computers technically to a degree where you could see how it might cause the cpu to lag? How do I test it?

Could it be the CPU?
    I forget the names but I ran many programs to test it, just ran the intel one and it passed/it passes. So it probably isn't right?

What POSTS HAVE YOU MADE ABOUT THIS OVER THREE YEARS, DUDE?

-- These are just posts here on this account
    Windows Locking Up, Runs Slow - Resources stolen; Task Manager Problem

November 05, 2017 • 8 posts • 1582 views General Support

Xbox1 & Computer hiccup, lag, "space out" and jitter <--- Xbox problem solved
    August 04, 2018 • 1 post • 497 views
    Drivers Outdated, Computer Slow & Confusion Windows 10 Home Edition
    November 06, 2017 • 7 posts • 870 views
    Windows 10 Reinstall Unsure which faq; no product key (lost it)
    November 07, 2017 • 5 posts • 777 views
    Is There a Program To Look At Event Log & Recommend Suggestions Errors
    November 06, 2017 • 2 posts • 513 views
    Windows Locking Up, Runs Slow - Resources stolen; Task Manager Problem
    November 05, 2017 • 8 posts • 1582 views
    Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) for Windows 10
    November 05, 2017 • 37 posts • 48556 views

I do not know how to fix it. Ask me some questions that will help me and tell me which charity to donate $50-100 to. I have $50 on hand.

:)

Tonys317, Oct 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 crappy slow on new Ideapad 320 i5 7200u 4gb ram 920mx 2gb dedicated

I got new Lenovo laptop ideapad 320 i5 7200u, 4gb ram, 2gb dedicated 920mx. It came with DOS. I installed windows 10 pro 64 bit which was **** lagging in games, then win 10 home 64 bit still same and now checking out cusstom windows 10 lite 32 bit in hope
    that it wont lag.

fasihahmadcool, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Not able to load win 10 64 bit

I started with a blank hard drive and try to load 64 bit. I am still stuck with 32 bit. net bios is up to date running i5 with 4gig. It should work, it loaded win 32. all drivers are correct. what's the secret? I still have another blank hd to start with

Mclark-cupp, Oct 4, 2019
  4. I5, Win 10, 4Gig Ram, 64 Bit computer has been "lagging" for 3 years.

Windows 10 64-bit with 3 GB RAM

Hi LimerOS,

My name is Fernando. I am an Independent Advisor. I am here to guide you with your question on the Windows 10 on an older computer with 3 gb RAM.

Technically you might be in spec with 3 gb RAM.

Microsoft lists the Windows 10 minimum hardware requirements as:

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC.

RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit.

Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS.

Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.

Display: 800x600.

Coincidentally, I had a relative of mine on a budget that had 4 gb of RAM, but one of the 2 gb sticks when bad on it. I removed it and worked on her computer to clean it up. Although it was not the fastest computer, it definitely something she could work on
    for basic computing and internet surfing.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Respectfully,

Fernando Y.

FernandoYebra1, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

I5, Win 10, 4Gig Ram, 64 Bit computer has been "lagging" for 3 years.

1. I5, Win 10, 4Gig Ram, 64 Bit computer has been "lagging" for 3 years. - Similar Threads - 4Gig Ram Bit

2. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 3 GB ram laptobuma Windows 10 64 Bit yükleyebilir miyim?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 3 GB ram laptobuma Windows 10 64 Bit yükleyebilir miyim?: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 3 GB ram laptobumu Windows 10 64 Bit sürümüne yükseltmek istiyorum. herhangi bir sorun yaşar mıyım? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-pro-64-bit-3-gb-ram-laptobuma-windows-10/6a8cef49-2d7b-482d-8e0c-d49756590434
  3. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 3 GB ram laptobuma Windows 10 64 Bit yükleyebilir miyim?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 3 GB ram laptobuma Windows 10 64 Bit yükleyebilir miyim?: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 3 GB ram laptobumu Windows 10 64 Bit sürümüne yükseltmek istiyorum. herhangi bir sorun yaşar mıyım? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-pro-64-bit-3-gb-ram-laptobuma-windows-10/6a8cef49-2d7b-482d-8e0c-d49756590434
  4. Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro: I have a laptop with win10 Home 64 bits installed on it. I need t upgrade it to Win 10 Pro 64 bits. I have a digital Licence on my PC Pro 64 bits. I have already tried to upgrade my laptop with clean install but Microsoft does not give me any choice except buying the...
  5. Win 10 32-bit to 64-bit

Win 10 32-bit to 64-bit: Hello, I recently upgraded my old Dell Optiplex 390 pc I had laying around. I started with updating to Windows 10 then added some more RAM to the system. Unfortunately i'm running on the 32 bit OS and it cannot use the extra 5 RAM i added to it and its currently being used as...
  6. I5, Win 10, 4Gig Ram, 64 Bit computer has been "lagging" for 3 years.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I5, Win 10, 4Gig Ram, 64 Bit computer has been "lagging" for 3 years.: So, my computer has been having issues for 3+ years. I've had 2 accounts here. This one goes back to early 2017, I will post the discussions where I reference this issue. You really only need to read the first section - TY TY! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM (If you do not care about...
  7. Win 10 64-bit to 32-bit

Win 10 64-bit to 32-bit: I have Win 10 64-bit but some older programs won't work on it. The maker of the programs have abandoned them so I can't go back for updated versions. I've tried the compatibility mode, etc. I'm thinking I might solve the problem by installing the Win 10 32-bit version. I...
  8. win 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 64 bit: Hello, I have win 10 64 bit, is there a way i can run a game that is 32 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/win-10-64-bit/df9c9918-85fb-40e3-924b-7feeaf5c44a9
  9. win 10 64 bit

win 10 64 bit: I bought a disc win 10 0em from newegg. ok here,s the question if I get a new motherboard I will be able to activate like win 7 right? clean install from dvd it has a license on the package. 40253
  10. Win 10 32 bit to Win 10 64 bit

Win 10 32 bit to Win 10 64 bit: I am wanting to upgrade my wife's comp from win 10 32 bit to win 10 64 bit, her win 10 is activated. I've downloaded the Win 10 64 bit ISO to my machine (Win 10 64 bit). Do I just burn the ISO to DVD and then boot my wife's machine with that or do I mount it on my machine...