Windows 10: i8042prt.sys causing distortion for Focusrite audio interface playback

Discus and support i8042prt.sys causing distortion for Focusrite audio interface playback in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using an HP Envy Laptop. I recently upgraded to windows 10 version 2004. When I was in version 1903, I disabled my internet, blue-tooth, NVIDIA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Myles7235, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Myles7235 Win User

i8042prt.sys causing distortion for Focusrite audio interface playback

I'm using an HP Envy Laptop. I recently upgraded to windows 10 version 2004. When I was in version 1903, I disabled my internet, blue-tooth, NVIDIA graphics card, and ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery drivers to help with the distortion. I found that i8042prt.sys was also sending LatencyMon into the red. In version 1903, I was able to disable this driver by updating the mouse driver to one that was not compatible. Even though disabling all these devices did not completely fix the problem, the distortion was a little less noticeable. Now that I am in version 2004, I am able to disable all of those drivers except i8042prt.sys. When I update the mouse to an incompatible driver and restart, windows automatically updates it to a compatible driver. LatencyMon stays in the green until I start touching my synaptics mousepad or typing on the keyboard. The distortion is still present through my audio interface. This happens when I'm using my DAW and when I'm not using it. I've also followed guides to optimize my computer for music production. I was hoping that updating to version 2004 would fix this problem, but it hasn't. Is there a way that I can disable i8042prt.sys? If that is not the only issue causing this distortion for my audio interface, how do I fix this problem?

:)

Myles7235, Jul 24, 2020
  2. Myles7235 Win User

I'm using an HP Envy Laptop. I recently upgraded to windows 10 version 2004. When I was in version 1903, I disabled my internet, blue-tooth, NVIDIA graphics card, and ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery drivers to help with the distortion. I found that
    i8042prt.sys was also sending LatencyMon into the red. In version 1903, I was able to disable this driver by updating the mouse driver to one that was not compatible. Even though disabling all these devices did not completely fix the problem, the distortion
    was a little less noticeable. Now that I am in version 2004, I am able to disable all of those drivers except i8042prt.sys. When I update the mouse to an incompatible driver and restart, windows automatically updates it to a compatible driver. LatencyMon stays
    in the green until I start touching my synaptics mousepad or typing on the keyboard. The distortion is still present through my audio interface. This happens when I'm using my DAW and when I'm not using it. I've also followed guides to optimize my computer
    for music production. I was hoping that updating to version 2004 would fix this problem, but it hasn't. Is there a way that I can disable i8042prt.sys? If that is not the only issue causing this distortion for my audio interface, how do I fix this problem?

Myles7235, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Unable to record audio using usb audio interface Focusrite Scarlett 6i6.

Hi Johan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. Could you please let us know, are you using software utility from Scarlett?

We would suggest you to
    Getting Started Recording vocals with a Scarlett
    for more details on the steps installing the software utility. If you are still facing issues, we would suggest you to get in touch with

Focusrite Help Center

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jul 27, 2020
  4. i8042prt.sys causing distortion for Focusrite audio interface playback

Focusrite 2i2 not recognised by Windows 10

Hi

I've checked I've got the latest driver and that I can see the 2i2 in Control Panel. Focusrite confirm that it works with Win10.

In Manage audio devices the 2i2 is shown as a recording device. However, I still can't see n Playback devices.

My setup is

StudioLogic 880 keyboard to UM-ONE analog-digital interface to Surface Pro 3 docking station (the latest one, which also works with the Pro 4)

+ standard connection to Surface

+ USB connection to Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 conne3cted with º1/4 in audio cables to speakers.

Have you a any more suggestions?

John

JohnPreslandMeres, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. i8042prt.sys causing distortion for Focusrite audio interface playback - Similar Threads - i8042prt sys causing

2. Windows sounds are all distorted through Focusrite 2i2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sounds are all distorted through Focusrite 2i2: Every sound/audio file that is stored locally including windows sounds like usb inserted sound, notification sound, etc. is very distorted. If I turn the volume down, it is still distorted, just at a quieter volume. Although this is happening through my Focusrite Scarlett...
  3. Windows sounds are all distorted through Focusrite 2i2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sounds are all distorted through Focusrite 2i2: Every sound/audio file that is stored locally including windows sounds like usb inserted sound, notification sound, etc. is very distorted. If I turn the volume down, it is still distorted, just at a quieter volume. Although this is happening through my Focusrite Scarlett...
  4. High Latency on Wdf01000.sys driver causing Real Time Audio Playback issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Latency on Wdf01000.sys driver causing Real Time Audio Playback issues: HiI have ran Latency Mon as I am getting issues when using using my Traktor Kontrol s3 DJ controller causing real time audio play back issues and the above driver is reporting Highest execution of over 5.83 which appears to be causing the audio issues - have you any advice on...
  5. High Latency on Wdf01000.sys driver causing Real Time Audio Playback issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Latency on Wdf01000.sys driver causing Real Time Audio Playback issues: HiI have ran Latency Mon as I am getting issues when using using my Traktor Kontrol s3 DJ controller causing real time audio play back issues and the above driver is reporting Highest execution of over 5.83 which appears to be causing the audio issues - have you any advice on...
  6. Audio Clicking, Popping During Playback on Audio Interface (DAW)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Clicking, Popping During Playback on Audio Interface (DAW): I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this but here it goes! I am a professional audio engineer and I am running my DAW (Digital Audio Workstations) on Windows 10 Pro 1909 (OS Build 18363. 1198). I use Pro Tools and Studio One. I also use two seperate audio...
  7. Distorted video playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distorted video playback: hello i have a issue with windows 10 (18362.145) video playback platform related to nvidia drivers (gtx 1070). when i uninstall the driver completely, remaining windows basic video adapter, the problem is gone. i tried a lot of nvidia drivers and could not find a solution....
  8. Distorted audio, running through interface, only in windows applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Distorted audio, running through interface, only in windows applications: I've been having an issue with audio going through the windows platform. When trying to set up a microphone using windows I get distorted and cracking return signal. My issue is that when running through a DAW, the signal is fine. Completely clear. The distortion, static and...
  9. "bugcode usb driver" BSoD on windows 10 64it with focusrite scarlett audio interface

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "bugcode usb driver" BSoD on windows 10 64it with focusrite scarlett audio interface: Hi, I've been experiencing blue screens with my windows 10 64bit using the audio interface focusr scarlett only (2nd gen) the error that marks me is "bugcode usb driver" I searched all the forums for some solution and none worked for me. I tried to reinstall the audio...
  10. My video playback is distorted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My video playback is distorted: My video playback just became distorted a week or so ago, and nothing I can do repairs it. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-video-playback-is-distorted/970cf17c-a938-49f9-a2fa-e062cce7b1be