Windows 10: i9-7980xe build and constant BSOD problems

Discus and support i9-7980xe build and constant BSOD problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I build a pc with the following, CPU - i9 7980xe Memory - Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR4 2400 MT/s Graphics - (3) EVGA GTX 1070 SSD -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jsc255, Mar 27, 2020.

1. jsc255 Win User

i9-7980xe build and constant BSOD problems

I build a pc with the following,

CPU - i9 7980xe
    Memory - Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR4 2400 MT/s
    Graphics - (3) EVGA GTX 1070
    SSD - Samsung 960 EVO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD
    PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 1300G2 ATX12V/EPS12V 1300W 80Plus Gold Power Supply
    OS - Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

I am getting BSOD just running default settings in BIOS
    I have tried play with the settings in the BIOS for overclocking and still getting BSOD

I have attached the dump files. Any ideas why its doing this?

Dumps.zip

:)

jsc255, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

KernelBase.dll is broken constant BSOD's constant game crashing.

Hi Darry,

User Profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing constant BSOD's on your computer. You mentioned that you ran the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool, but is still getting a stop code. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you create a new User Profile and check if the issue persists.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.

You may also check this link
    to fix BSOD errors. Choose the situation when you experienced the problem and follow the troubleshooting steps.

Dyan Rey, Mar 27, 2020
  3. biffzinker, Mar 27, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel Announces Availability of Core i9-7980XE and Core i9-7960X

Intel expanded the upper end of its Core X "Skylake-X" HEDT processor family, with the introduction of the Core i9-7980XE 18-core flagship processor, and the i9-7960X 16-core processor. Designed to give pro-sumers and PC enthusiasts extreme mega-tasking performance, the i9-7980XE features all components physically present on the 14 nm "Skylake-X" silicon, featuring 18 cores, with HyperThreading enabling 36 threads; 1 MB of dedicated L2 cache per core, 24.75 MB of shared L3 cache, and rather restrained clock speeds of 2.60 GHz, with Turbo Boost speeds of 4.20 GHz, and Turbo Boost Max 3.0 frequency of 4.40 GHz.

Despite its gargantuan core-count, the TDP of this chip is rated at 165W, lower than the 180W rated for competing Ryzen Threadripper processors. The other high-end processor launched by Intel is the Core i9-7960X. This 16-core/32-thread chip features clock speeds of 2.80 GHz, with 4.20 GHz Turbo Boost, and 4.40 GHz Turbo Boost Max 3.0. It features 22 MB of shared L3 cache, and 1 MB of dedicated L2 cache per core. The Core i9-7980XE is priced at USD $1,999 in the retail channel; while the Core i9-7960X goes for $1,699.

i9-7980xe build and constant BSOD problems OLGtNK5o7Ykn4YhE_thm.jpg

i9-7980xe build and constant BSOD problems psNFzh2orRnacUTG_thm.jpg

btarunr, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. i9-7980xe build and constant BSOD problems - Similar Threads - 7980xe build constant

2. Problem with new build - constant BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with new build - constant BSODs: Not sure what is wrong with my pc. Here is the timeline:I tried downloading a new sound driver manually from the gigabyte website for my motherboard, different model version 1.2 instead of 1.0 didn’t check beforehand because i’m an idiot so it crashed my pc, and now my pc...
  3. Problem with new build - constant BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with new build - constant BSODs: Not sure what is wrong with my pc. Here is the timeline:I tried downloading a new sound driver manually from the gigabyte website for my motherboard, different model version 1.2 instead of 1.0 didn’t check beforehand because i’m an idiot so it crashed my pc, and now my pc...
  4. Constant BSOD problem

Constant BSOD problem: Hello,I've been having trouble with random, constant BSOD. I've tried reinstalling windows, updating bios, memtest86, updating drivers. well, that last thing made matters worse, beacuse previously, this BSOD only appeared when I was shutting down, restarting or logging into...
  5. Constant BSOD problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD problem: Hello,I've been having trouble with random, constant BSOD. I've tried reinstalling windows, updating bios, memtest86, updating drivers. well, that last thing made matters worse, beacuse previously, this BSOD only appeared when I was shutting down, restarting or logging into...
  6. Constant BSOD problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD problems: Hi there,I have had constant BSOD problems. Minidump here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgTCubrZ_eFZ6y3xchp_vJtpOHYs?e=FkXWkM The last few minidumps are below from WhoCrashed:System Information local Computer name: DESKTOP-QLH60P4Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build:...
  7. Constant BSOD problems

Constant BSOD problems: Hi there,I have had constant BSOD problems. Minidump here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgTCubrZ_eFZ6y3xchp_vJtpOHYs?e=FkXWkM The last few minidumps are below from WhoCrashed:System Information local Computer name: DESKTOP-QLH60P4Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build:...
  8. Constant BSOD problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD problem: Hi, i have for some time constant problem with BSODs. I tried everything and im not completely ordinary. I know some stuff about computers but i'm not able to find out why is it happening. Please help me with it. I'm trying to solve this for about half a year without...
  9. Constant BSOD problem

Constant BSOD problem: Hi, i have for some time constant problem with BSODs. I tried everything and im not completely ordinary. I know some stuff about computers but i'm not able to find out why is it happening. Please help me with it. I'm trying to solve this for about half a year without...
  10. Constant BSOD problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging