Windows 10: IASTOR installed, using lots of CPU, but none of its drivers in use

Discus and support IASTOR installed, using lots of CPU, but none of its drivers in use in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Really odd problem. Intel's IASTOR software is up and running on this Win 10 64 Pro 1903 laptop. IASTOR Data Manager Service IASTORICON Using about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pbug56, Feb 3, 2020.

1. pbug56 Win User

IASTOR installed, using lots of CPU, but none of its drivers in use

Really odd problem. Intel's IASTOR software is up and running on this Win 10 64 Pro 1903 laptop.

IASTOR Data Manager Service
    IASTORICON

Using about 12% CPU all the time and lots of RAM.

Going into Device Manager, it's drivers are NOT in use. Standard SATA AHCI Controller and driver.

So I'd say they are doing nothing except bogging down the CPU.

Can I remove the software? Any issues in doing so?

Thanks!

:)

pbug56, Feb 3, 2020
  2. pbug56 Win User

Really odd problem. Intel's IASTOR software is up and running on this Win 10 64 Pro 1903 laptop.

IASTOR Data Manager Service
    IASTORICON

Using about 12% CPU all the time and lots of RAM.

Going into Device Manager, it's drivers are NOT in use. Standard SATA AHCI Controller and driver.

So I'd say they are doing nothing except bogging down the CPU.

Can I remove the software? Any issues in doing so?

Thanks!

pbug56, Feb 3, 2020
  3. CJCerny Win User
    Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Fox34 Win User

I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

1. IASTOR installed, using lots of CPU, but none of its drivers in use - Similar Threads - IASTOR installed using

2. Antimalware service executable using lot of memory and cpu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware service executable using lot of memory and cpu.: I checked the task manager and found out that the antimalware service executable is using a lot of memory and cpu everytime.Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-using-lot-of-memory/7287fedd-93e6-4a1d-a248-5219f90011ac
  3. Explorer.exe uses a lot of CPU on Terminal server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe uses a lot of CPU on Terminal server 2019: I was facing some trouble with CPU load on our test server, which is under winodws server 2019.We use this server to test the devices that our company develops.And after research I found that it's related to a lot of usb drives/devices about 15 connected to this server.During...
  4. Explorer.exe uses a lot of CPU on Terminal server 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe uses a lot of CPU on Terminal server 2019: I was facing some trouble with CPU load on our test server, which is under winodws server 2019.We use this server to test the devices that our company develops.And after research I found that it's related to a lot of usb drives/devices about 15 connected to this server.During...
  5. Windows Defender Smartscreen Using Lots of CPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Smartscreen Using Lots of CPU: Anytime I open Task Manager, the leading item is always Windows Defender Smartscreen using between 30 and 40 % CPU. Is that typical, or do I have some sort of conflict going on? If the latter, how to resolve it? Thanks....
  6. what is this task? it sometimes uses a lot of memore and cpu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this task? it sometimes uses a lot of memore and cpu.: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/m6qcg0fijey41.png?width=664&format=png&auto=webp&s=2cbf72ba3b44c846080e21047e974b8b5f5aee79 submitted by /u/RedditPoser_69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gikuk3/what_is_this_task_it_sometimes_uses_a_lot_of/
  7. The `System` process uses a lot of CPU

The `System` process uses a lot of CPU: Good day, friends. I formatted my computer yesterday evening and cleaned the fans of the PC this morning. After I finished cleaning, I opened pc normally and started installing the Drivers. I also updated my graphics card from GeForce Experience. But after a while, I opened...
  8. IASTOR installed, using lots of CPU, but none of its drivers in use

in Windows 10 Support
    IASTOR installed, using lots of CPU, but none of its drivers in use: Really odd problem. Intel's IASTOR software is up and running on this Win 10 64 Pro 1903 laptop. IASTOR Data Manager Service IASTORICON Using about 12% CPU all the time and lots of RAM. Going into Device Manager, it's drivers are NOT in use. Standard SATA AHCI Controller...
  9. Windows Defender SmartScreen using a lot of CPU

Windows Defender SmartScreen using a lot of CPU: This is not normal. The Windows Defender SmartScreen is using right 27% of the CPU capacity. How can i solve this? submitted by /u/versattes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/en9h1w/windows_defender_smartscreen_using_a_lot_of_cpu/
  10. WMI Provider Host using lots of CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMI Provider Host using lots of CPU: Hi, I am using a less than 2 month old Lenovo V110 laptop that is running an AMD A9-9410 Radeon R5 processor, and I have been having problems with a loud fan, and overheating. I checked the task manager, and found out that the WMI Provider Host is using large amounts of CPU...