Windows 10: iaStorAC.sys 17.7.0.1006 still causing BSOD during use

Discus and support iaStorAC.sys 17.7.0.1006 still causing BSOD during use in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC was running absolutely fine without crashes despite having had to "fix" it many times over the years due to forced updates. I am not at a loss... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JosephBroeckel, Oct 13, 2019.

1. iaStorAC.sys 17.7.0.1006 still causing BSOD during use

My PC was running absolutely fine without crashes despite having had to "fix" it many times over the years due to forced updates. I am not at a loss for this newest one. I had been running stable for a long period since the last time I had to "fix" it after an update. Then the 1903 Update happened and I was still fine for a short period until the Cumulative updates started to pour in as forced updates. Now I experience periodic BSOD showing iastorAC.sys as the affected file. There are never any logs to check as it sits at 0% until I give up waiting and restart the PC. I have followed everything I can find to correct the latest forced update crash as I can find. I have updated the BIOS from the ASUS website to the newest version. I have updated the Intel RST driver tot he newest one (1.7.0.1006) and Still I get BSOD regularly. It happens several times a day. How is it that Microsoft can kill my PC with forced updates and not be held accountable for it? Why is it even legal to force the updates? I had a Fast and Stable system until they broke it with forced updates.

PC Specs:

ASUS Sabertooth x79

Core i7 3930k @3.2Ghz

32 GB RAM

2x Kingston A400 480GB SSDs on Intel RST RAID 0

1x Seagate Barracuda 1TB

EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8GB

Thermaltake Toughpower Grand Series RGB 850w PS

Corsair H100i Pro RGB

I am really tired of Microsoft breaking my PC with forced updates. Everything I can find says that the issue with Intel RST BSOD should have been fixed with the IRST update to 17.7.0.1006 but it did not. Also specifically the issue was that the older IRST drivers were "preventing" the update from going through. On mine however the update passed through without a problem and then after a couple additional updates (also forced) it started on the crashing. Now too much time has passed for me to be able to remove the 1903 and roll back to a previous version.

So what do I do?

I am considering a clean reinstall but am concerned it will all be for naught as the driver iaStorAC.sys will still be in there after a reinstall along with the Media Creation tool only wanting to use the 1903 version for the reinstall. I have tried the in place upgrade using the same media creation tool and it inevitably fails or makes things worse by generating additional items to be fixed.

Also, my system was originally a Windows 8 version and I upgraded with the free upgrade to 10. I have other PC and have had to reinstall on them at times in the past and it always results in the same thing. My license doesnt automatically pick back up or it will say my license code isnt valid for the install. This has inevitably resulted in me having to pay Microsoft for another license. I find it odd that they can kill your existing activated install by forcing an unsupported update then forcing you to buy another copy of their OS which they then force updates on as well causing more issue.

What a racket they have going isnt it.

Any assistance that can be offered would be appreciated as I am sick and tired of calling the support number and talking to someone I am at times unable to understand due to my bad hearing and their difficult to understand accents.

Thank you in advance, I will keep trying to correct the Issue created by Microsoft and forced upon me unwillingly.

:)

JosephBroeckel, Oct 13, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User

BSOD while using the internet. error (L1C63x64.sys)

Hi trainman81,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.
    1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

iaStorAC.sys 17.7.0.1006 still causing BSOD during use [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

AVG is trying to request data from the internet, which is why the network driver is marked as the cause.
    Code:
    Code:
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for L1C63x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for L1C63x64.sys 0: kd> lmvm L1C63x64 start             end                 module name fffff801`89700000 fffff801`89722000   L1C63x64 T (no symbols)                Loaded symbol image file: L1C63x64.sys     Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\L1C63x64.sys     Image name: L1C63x64.sys     Timestamp:        Mon Apr 01 05:15:17 2013 (5158FBC5)     CheckSum:         000245C4     ImageSize:        00022000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    AVG drivers that have been flagged
    Code:
    Code:
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgwfpa.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgwfpa.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgfwd6a.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgfwd6a.sys
    Please uninstall AVG and see if it helps
    Uninstall AVG | AVG
    It is further recommended to check your Qualcomm network driver for updates, its driver is not supported for Windows 10.
    Driver Reference Table - L1C63x64.sys

3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile iaStorAC.sys 17.7.0.1006 still causing BSOD during use :)

cplpro, Oct 13, 2019
  4. iaStorAC.sys 17.7.0.1006 still causing BSOD during use

wdf01000.sys and ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

I'm on Windows 10, 64bit

Basically, whenever I try to update my LPC controller through Device Manager, BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION occurs (culprit being wdf01000.sys)

So I try to use the driver verifier to see which driver is causing the BSOD, but then it causes BSOD (cultprit being ntoskrnl.exe)

Have no idea which driver is causing them

Please help!

Here are my list of drivers and system info: Documents

interestingkid005140, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

iaStorAC.sys 17.7.0.1006 still causing BSOD during use

1. iaStorAC.sys 17.7.0.1006 still causing BSOD during use - Similar Threads - iaStorAC sys 1006

2. rt640x64.sys bsod during setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rt640x64.sys bsod during setup: hello everyonewhen I try installing windows 11 it BSOD mid-setup when it reaches “Starting Services”Error:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALWhat failed: rt640x64.sysif anybody can help thanks!...
  3. rt640x64.sys bsod during setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rt640x64.sys bsod during setup: hello everyonewhen I try installing windows 11 it BSOD mid-setup when it reaches “Starting Services”Error:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALWhat failed: rt640x64.sysif anybody can help thanks!...
  4. BSOD caused by watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys

BSOD caused by watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys: Greetings, fellow Windows users!Yesterday, my computer had its BSOD while I'm using Adobe Premiere which was apparently caused by watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys.Here is a link to the dmp file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmT-xQXftxFWgiKU88vH7tRulzda?e=33kqdQThanks for any further help...
  5. BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys

BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys: I've tried reverting graphics drivers, windows updates, updating BIOS, resetting windows and other recommended methods such as chkdsk and DISM. I would like some confirmation on my issue being potentially video card related. Another pair of eyes/insight is the goal of this...
  6. BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys: From a couple of days ago my machine has been frequently BSOD and showing the error to be caused by netwtw10.sys. I have attempted to reinstall network drivers, reset machine with content, reset to factory and the issue has persisted through all the changes I made. In...
  7. BSOD, suspectedly related to iaStorAC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, suspectedly related to iaStorAC: Hi I have a BSOD problem with a Windows 10 build 19041.630 I had an issue with long boot-times before (was related to USB hardware fault). When fixing this I had to run a few other windows updates which had been proponed. When doin this I also had to update the raid driver to...
  8. QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD

QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD: This was probably caused by the following module: qcamain1.sys Qcamain10x64+0x108678 Bugcheck code: 0x1D3 0x333, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0 Error: CUSTOM_ERROR A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for...
  9. BSOD caused by Dot4.sys

BSOD caused by Dot4.sys: I have a BSOD problem caused by Dot4.sys very often but I have no idea what is causing it. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Dot4.sys+e23f IEEE-1284.4-1999 Driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK provider 6.1.7600.16385 built by: WinDDK x64 ntoskrnl.exe+1aab90
  10. BSOD caused by QCamain10x64.sys and IntelHaxm.sys

BSOD caused by QCamain10x64.sys and IntelHaxm.sys: My laptop crashed with STOP code DEVICE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, stating that QCamain10x64.sys had failed, which according to Google, is the driver of my laptop's wireless adapter. Just to make sure before attempting to reinstall the driver via device manager, I saw this wiki...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. attempted_execute_of_noexecute_memory iastorac.sys

2. iaStorAC.sys windows

3. iastoreac.sys bsod