Windows 10: IBM Lotus Organizer stopped working in Windows 10

Discus and support IBM Lotus Organizer stopped working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have used Lotus Organizer since my very first computer in 1993. I have the last version 6.1. When I got my newest laptop I installed Organizer and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kewl1, Dec 30, 2020.

1. kewl1 Win User

IBM Lotus Organizer stopped working in Windows 10

I have used Lotus Organizer since my very first computer in 1993. I have the last version 6.1. When I got my newest laptop I installed Organizer and it has worked just fine. But it seemed to jiggle or shake a bit occasionally so tonight I did a re-install. Now it will not start. I am getting the error message attached. I do not see the actual temp file referenced in the attachment.

Also each time I have reinstalled tonight, at the end of the installation I get a message saying that it cannot determine my default browser. What does it have to do with any browser? I use Chrome but have Firefox and Edge on the computer as well but I am quite sure it doesn't use a browser.

I know that this old program works with windows 10 because I have been using it for months. Also because I was wondering if an update disabled it I just went and installed it on my Windows 10 desktop which is also updated to the same version of Windows 10. It works perfectly.

Just imagine, I Have a 27-year diary of what I have done every day in this program. I simply must figure this out.
    Thanks so much in advance. I'm sure someone much smarter than me can tell me what to do.

Wondows Version20H2 (OS Build 19042.685)

:)

kewl1, Dec 30, 2020
  2. SymBiotox Win User

Lotus Organizer 6.0 works on Windows 10

I updated Windows 10 Pro to version 1709 and now can't run IBM Lotus Organizer 6 anymore what used to work just fine under my initial Windows 10 Pro. I tried changing the compatibility mode to Windows 7 (and others) as it has been always working on the other
    Win operating systems.

Before running it in compatibility mode I got the message that LTBUBN12.DLL could not be loaded but launching Organizer in compatibility mode got rid of that message. What is still stopping Organizer to work properly is the message " Because there maybe
    a problem with your Organizer file, Organizer will close now... while nothing seems wrong with the organizer file!

Is anybody experiencing the same. I know it's an old piece of software but has been a great workhorse over the years and been running on almost all the Win OS... until now. Seems there are no proper trustworthy alternatives out there IBM Lotus Organizer stopped working in Windows 10 :(

SymBiotox, Dec 30, 2020
  3. 3216 Win User
    Lotus Organizer 6.0 works on Windows 10

I got a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. I had read so many posts on various sites that Lotus Organizer 6.0 would not work on Windows 10, and most of the "solutions" suggested seemed very complicated and had poor results. I have no background in technology
    but found a way to get Organizer 6.0 installed and up and running. Fortunately, I had the install CD that came with my original purchase of Organizer back in 1997 or 98.

My new Lenovo laptop does not have an internal CD/DVD, so I used an LG Slim Portable DVD writer and downloaded VLC Media Player to run CDs/DVDs on my Windows 10 PC. I put the Organizer 6.0 CD in, and clicked on Install. (this is not an advertisement
    for LG or VLC...I'm only mentioning it as it was part of the process for how I got this to work).

On my old Windows 7 PC, I right clicked on the Organizer 6.0 icon, and saved the file to a jump drive.

I put the jump drive in the Windows 10 PC and copied the saved files to the Organizer 6.0 file I had just installed on the desktop.

It all worked, and I can now use my old Lotus Organizer with all my contact history and calendars on my Windows 10. ( I think I remembered the steps correctly -- it worked so quickly and easily I didn't think to write them down). Hope it works for you,
    as there is no better calendar/contact program available.

4. Mr.NWP Win User

IBM Lotus Notes

does the Windows Phone supports IBM LOTUS NOTES?

IF not, Why?
    IF yes, How?

Thanks!

Mr.NWP, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

1. IBM Lotus Organizer stopped working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - IBM Lotus Organizer

2. Lotus 123 Windows 10 question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lotus 123 Windows 10 question: I'm using Lotus 123 on Windows 10. Recently, SOMETIMES, when I close a file, Lotus closes down completely and the file that I was closing does not appear in the recent file list. If I had multiple files open they all close. Sometimes the file closes normally. Everything else...
  3. Lotus 123 Windows 10 question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lotus 123 Windows 10 question: I'm using Lotus 123 on Windows 10. Recently, SOMETIMES, when I close a file, Lotus closes down completely and the file that I was closing does not appear in the recent file list. If I had multiple files open they all close. Everything else works fine. I'm running Lotus...
  4. Lotus Organizer on Windows 10 cannot load "LTBUBN12.DLL"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lotus Organizer on Windows 10 cannot load "LTBUBN12.DLL": I have had Lotus Organizer installed on a Windows 10 machine for some time with it working well. I just started getting a message cannot load "LTBUBN12.DLL" How can I correct this? I have it on another Windows 10 machine and tried taking the Org5 file from the other machine...
  5. Lotus Organizer on Windows 10 cannot load "LTBUBN12.DLL"

Lotus Organizer on Windows 10 cannot load "LTBUBN12.DLL": I have had Lotus Organizer installed on a Windows 10 machine for some time with it working well. I just started getting a message cannot load "LTBUBN12.DLL" How can I correct this? I have it on another Windows 10 machine and tried taking the Org5 file from the other machine...
  6. Lotus Organizer on Windows 10 cannot load "LTBUBN12.DLL"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. IBM Lotus Organizer stopped working in Windows 10

IBM Lotus Organizer stopped working in Windows 10: I have used Lotus Organizer since my very first computer in 1993. I have the last version 6.1. When I got my newest laptop I installed Organizer and it has worked just fine. But it seemed to jiggle or shake a bit occasionally so tonight I did a re-install. Now it will not...
  8. installing lotus smartsuite on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    installing lotus smartsuite on windows 10: lotus cannot install because it cannot find "English.msi" can anyone suggest a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-lotus-smartsuite-on-windows-10/c3afa497-313a-48f3-afe4-afd8d084740d"
  9. Lotus 123 Millennium with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lotus 123 Millennium with Windows 10: I am still using many worksheets I developed for Lotus. I have been using the without any problems until a week ago when: Some of my worksheets will not display the drop-down menu for Range Properties Others will display the drop-down but will not allow me to use...
  10. Lotus Organizer 6.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lotus Organizer 6.1: I have an original software for Lotus Organizer 6.1 installed on my laptop. Installed from a CD Rom purchased from IBM. Now I have an issue. I have a new laptop which does not have a CD ROM drive. So how may I install the programme on the new laptop? Advice on how to...