Windows 10: IBM warns of malware on USB drives shipped to customers

Discus and support IBM warns of malware on USB drives shipped to customers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; IBM has urged customers to destroy USB drives which shipped with some of its Storewize storage systems because they may contain malware. In a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, May 1, 2017.

1. Borg 386 Win User

IBM warns of malware on USB drives shipped to customers

IBM warns of malware on USB drives shipped to customers | ZDNet
    :)

Borg 386, May 1, 2017

2. IBM Trusteer Rapport

Hi,

It's free IBM software.

IBM® Security Trusteer Rapport® helps prevent malware and phishing attacks that are the root cause of most financial fraud. It also helps financial institutions to maximize protection of their customers, achieve sustainable fraud prevention and meet regulatory
    compliance requirements.

http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/en/trusteer-rapport

What browser are you using?

Smittychat., May 1, 2017
  3. SandyLSD Win User
    Using Defender on a drive that is not physically a part of the computer

I have an external drive that is attached to the computer via a USB cord. I received a warning that the external drive may have been infected with malware and/or a virus. How can I get MS Defender to scan it and, if infected, get rid of the infection?

SandyLSD, May 1, 2017
Thema:

IBM warns of malware on USB drives shipped to customers

1. IBM warns of malware on USB drives shipped to customers - Similar Threads - IBM warns malware

2. Are custom themes really malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are custom themes really malware?: I've been considering downloading UXThemePatcher in order to use Windows 10 with a full dark theme Making Control Panel, Task Manager, etc dark but I'm wondering if it is indeed malware since VirusTotal says it is.I know it's not advised to modify system settings like how...
  3. Are custom themes really malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are custom themes really malware?: I've been considering downloading UXThemePatcher in order to use Windows 10 with a full dark theme Making Control Panel, Task Manager, etc dark but I'm wondering if it is indeed malware since VirusTotal says it is.I know it's not advised to modify system settings like how...
  4. Are custom themes really malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. malware from usb aliexpress flash drive?

malware from usb aliexpress flash drive?: windows defender not detected viruses in usb flash aliexpress no file autorun,exe or someting else, when i insert usb flash where i got from aliexpress store disk and copy mp3 song to flash drive i got write disk protection. after 1 day i copied jpg file from pc disk to sd...
  6. malware: "trojan:win32/tixinbir.a" warning

malware: "trojan:win32/tixinbir.a" warning: I keep getting a windows defender warning that a malware or virus was removed, scans show no threats, but every hour the defender blocks a detected "trojan:win32/tixinbir.a" how do I remove this? is the only way to do a hard reset, and wipe of my hard drive?...
  7. Building custom PE USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Building custom PE USB drive: Noob question. Im building Aomei PE boot usb drive to safely recover my computer if or when needed. I need to add a driver file to this build ,being my wireless keyboard and mouse as the std Aomei ver2 PE builder does not automatically add wireless devices drivers. Where do i...
  8. scan for virus and malware in USB drive

scan for virus and malware in USB drive: Hi! i am using windows 10home latest version. and all my software are up to date. how can i set defender to automatically scan for viruses and autoruns in a usb drive when after plugging in?...
  9. Custom usb drive icon not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom usb drive icon not appearing: hello all I'm trying to make my usb drive icon reappear using an "autorun.inf" file. this is what my file contains : [AutoRun] Icon=Omid.ico Label=Omid and it is copied to the flash drive as well as the icon file. the name of the icon is exactly as written above. so what is...
  10. Annoying warning plugging in usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying warning plugging in usb flash drive: When I Plug in a USB Flash Drive, I get This Annoying Message . Camera Upload. Keep Your Memories Safe. All your photos and videos will be automatically saved to dropbox. How can I get rid of or dissable this warning/message...