Windows 10: icacls command to grant only List folder content to an user

Discus and support icacls command to grant only List folder content to an user in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a main Budget folder that will keep sub-folders for each Department, eg Dept1, Dept2 etc Dept users can only read/write in their own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LQTAN, Jul 14, 2021.

1. LQTAN Win User

icacls command to grant only List folder content to an user

Hi there, I have a main Budget folder that will keep sub-folders for each Department, eg Dept1, Dept2 etc Dept users can only read/write in their own Dept folders. eg. UserA can read and write in Dept1 folder only. To achieve this, I believe I have to grant all users to just "List folder content" on the parent Budget folder. Then grant each User to their own Dept folders read/write. But I can't find any parameters for just "List folder content" under icacls command. Need to do for hundred of users, anyone can help?Thanks much!

:)

LQTAN, Jul 14, 2021

2. I want to grant permission to sub folders and files from parent using command.

I want to grant permission to sub folders and files from parent using command.

I tried to this command:

ICACLS "file or folder" /grant Everyone /t

This commands can grant permission to sub folders and files to 'Everyone' user.

But it is not I want.

Parent folder can be accessed by the following users:

IUSR

SYSTEM

and so on...

I want to inherit all users who have access to the parent folder to the subfolders or files.

In other words, ICACLS "file or folder" /grant (All Users with access to the parent folder ) /t

Is it possible?

Please help me~

seyoon (seyoon), Jul 14, 2021
  3. Icacls command usage ?

I ran this command on a four level deep sub-folders within Program Files (x86)
    It worked although two errors for two files, how do I find what those two files are that created the error ?

I was able to successfully write to the sub-folder within Program Files (x86) and that is exactly what the command listed in the command prompt; although I realized, I was able to write to all the folders within Program Files (x86) instead of explicitly being granting access to only the four level deep sub-folder in Program Files (x86) ?

If I wanted to revert back to the previous privileges I must use the /remove command ?

I don't understand in the icacls help, /remove then :g & :d removes all occurrences of granted rights to the Sid ?

JerometheGiraff, Jul 14, 2021
  4. Depth Win User

Help!! Can not delete folder

Code: ICACLS D:\anime /remove:d username /C ICACLS D:\anime /grant username:F /C erase D:\anime[/quote] It's been years since I touched access lists but the above should work from either your own username or as administrator. If not, you can start in safe mode and modify the folder ownership.

Depth, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

1. icacls command to grant only List folder content to an user - Similar Threads - icacls command grant

2. List folder contents only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    List folder contents only: Hello,Is there any possible way to set permissions to a folder for "list folder contents" only? I've tried with icacls commands which I read somewhere that could work, like: icacls "{folder}" /grant:r {user or group}:CIRC,RD,RA,REA,X,GR and icacls "{folder}" /grant:r {user or...
  3. List folder contents only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List folder contents only: Hello,Is there any possible way to set permissions to a folder for "list folder contents" only? I've tried with icacls commands which I read somewhere that could work, like: icacls "{folder}" /grant:r {user or group}:CIRC,RD,RA,REA,X,GR and icacls "{folder}" /grant:r {user or...
  4. List folder contents only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ICACLS permissions to make a folder and it's contents unchangeable?

ICACLS permissions to make a folder and it's contents unchangeable?: We have a document management system on a Windows Server 2019 system NTFS filesystem that holds many PDF documents. The DM is organized by subject customer name, vendor name, etc. with sub-folders for each individual year as in the following...
  6. How grant folder from command prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How grant folder from command prompt: Hi I need to redirect Windows logs folder by mklink command but before creating a link the source folder must be deleted and when I using rmdir command, it reports access denied. To solving this problem I have to change folders permission manually. But I need a command to...
  7. Granting user permission on files and folders

Granting user permission on files and folders: My brother was recently playing with the settings and ended up denying all kind of permission read, write, modify etc to my photograph folder. I had a tough time trying to fix it because i couldn't open it, nor copy it, even it's security tab was not readable. After enough...
  8. Hidden content in folder user

Hidden content in folder user: The folder C:/users/thyge has grown to 54GB _ something is hidden, but what and how can I get to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-content-in-folder-user/e1d91669-ac87-4fda-b2ab-b237d4b782e8"
  9. icacls remove user variable

in Windows 10 Support
    icacls remove user variable: Does anyone know how to use a variable for the user name to remove from file permissions using the icacls or some other command? I'm trying to get a command to use for this to have a remove "Account Unknown" context menu to make it easier to remove them. "Account Unknown*"...
  10. Icacls command usage ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Icacls command usage ?: Anyone familier with the Icacls command ? I want to do is make strictly a sub-folder located in Program Files have write access, then turn it off, either if possible, via a timer which I don't think is possible with the command. Or manually turn off write access. I...