Windows 10: icalcs remove user variable

Discus and support icalcs remove user variable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to use a variable for the user name to remove from file permissions using the icacls or some other command? I'm trying to get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brink, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

icalcs remove user variable

Does anyone know how to use a variable for the user name to remove from file permissions using the icacls or some other command?

I'm trying to get a command to use for this to have a remove "Account Unknown" context menu to make it easier to remove them.

"Account Unknown*" doesn't work in the command for the account name.

*Arrow Add Reset Permissions to Context Menu in Windows | Windows 10 Tutorials

icalcs "<full path of file/folder>" /remove <account name> /T /C

OR

icalcs <Drive letter>:\*.* /remove <account name> /T /C

icalcs remove user variable [​IMG]

:)

Brink, Aug 31, 2018
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 31, 2018
  4. icalcs remove user variable

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    icalcs remove user variable 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Aug 31, 2018
Thema:

icalcs remove user variable

1. icalcs remove user variable - Similar Threads - icalcs remove user

2. is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?: is it safe to delete one of these? Path, TEMP or TMP. Or should i just leave them bewill i face issues if i DO delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delete-these-user-environmental/b095ec98-aed9-4250-bc97-f56b089b96e8
  3. Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?: Hello, I have a problem with my PATH variable in my Windows 8.1 computer.1. Where it all starts:I installed SQLite on my computer, and then i want to test it from Command Prompt with this command:sqlite3 test.dbBut the output is:'sqlite3' is not recognized as an internal or...
  4. Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?: Hello, I have a problem with my PATH variable in my Windows 8.1 computer.1. Where it all starts:I installed SQLite on my computer, and then i want to test it from Command Prompt with this command:sqlite3 test.dbBut the output is:'sqlite3' is not recognized as an internal or...
  5. Environment Variables, User variables for System Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Environment Variables, User variables for System Admin: I was looking at the 'User variables for System Admin' one day and saw my name spelled '*****'. I didn't care for that name and without thinking changed the name. Now all my music, photos & docs are gone. How can I undo that already tried 'System Restore'?...
  6. Environment Variables, User variables for System Admin

Environment Variables, User variables for System Admin: I was looking at the 'User variables for System Admin' one day and saw my name spelled '*****'. I didn't care for that name and without thinking changed the name. Now all my music, photos & docs are gone. How can I undo that already tried 'System Restore'?...
  7. Environment Variables, User variables for System Admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. regarding path variable of user variable of environment variable

in Windows 10 Customization
    regarding path variable of user variable of environment variable: please help me fast, I accidentally deleted path variable of user variable ..... I want to restore it. the real situation is I cannot run android studio project and it shows error - " unable to start daemon process............This problem might be caused by incorrect...
  9. User Environment Variable

User Environment Variable: Created an User Environment variable in Environment variable page in UI. It is seen in both UI and command prompt(Using set command). After restart it is not seen in command prompt when set command is used. Please help....
  10. icacls remove user variable

in Windows 10 Support
    icacls remove user variable: Does anyone know how to use a variable for the user name to remove from file permissions using the icacls or some other command? I'm trying to get a command to use for this to have a remove "Account Unknown" context menu to make it easier to remove them. "Account Unknown*"...