Windows 10: Icann

Discus and support Icann in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I did not know where to put this but this is what I get when I visit : Registrant WHOIS contact information verification [img] 113680 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Josey Wales, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Icann

Josey Wales, Jul 8, 2018

2. USA cedes control of internet to non profit organization ICANN

Last night, the United States conceded that they can no longer hold ultimate authority over the internet, and gave control to ICANN. ICANN is a small, non-profit organization whos main purpose is to oversee internet tasks, such as running DNS. ICANN was funded in 1998, runs on a budget of approximately $15 million USD, and is responsible for registering various domains, such as .TRAVEL, .JOBS, and .COM. The United States agrees that
    The transition of the internet to ICANN, while historical, will be in no way easy. Canadian representative Bill Graham says "It is time for ICANN to recognise that it is in many ways a quasi-judicial body and it must begin to behave that way". ICANN has been notoriously secretive in the past, not revealing information about discussions before, and sometimes after, meetings.

Source: The Register

zekrahminator, Jul 8, 2018
  3. ICANN dismisses .XXX domain name

It's strange that .xxx wasnt implemented by ICANN. Pr0n is easy to find... just google and then follow links and you've got 100's of sites. But if it was all moved to .xxx then it would be much easier for parents for corporate IT departments to put a blanket block on .xxx sites.

It just makes me wonder WHO is on the ICANN board of directors. Obviously, those that run the internet... PR0N KINGS

Completely Bonkers, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Vayra86 Win User

Icann

Just who made ICANN the boss of the internet, and why does everybody obey them—mostly?

You know ICANN is actually Skynet

Vayra86, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Icann