Windows 10: I'cant delete my power plan!

Discus and support I'cant delete my power plan! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When i first bought this computer there is no "Ultimate Performance" plan choice, and i search for this for internet to how can i add Ultimate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Clied0514, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Clied0514 Win User

I'cant delete my power plan!

When i first bought this computer there is no "Ultimate Performance" plan choice, and i search for this for internet to how can i add Ultimate Performance plan. I was told to write this plan to cmd "[COLOR=rgba41, 41, 41, 1]powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00–03f14749eb61"[/COLOR] and i did. But now i want to delete it, because when i want to change "Balance Mode" or "Power Saving" automatically reverts to Ultimate Performance, and i cant delete. I tried every way, i tried deleting it from the power options, i tried deleting it from cmd and none of this worked. Disappears first and comes back when the PC is Reset and or after a while. I could not fix this problem and i couldn't find any resources.

:)

Clied0514, Mar 30, 2021
  2. Karla Alm Win User

How do I delete a power plan?

Hi Harold,

For step by step instructions on how to delete a power plan, follow these:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Power Options.
    • Click Show additional plans.
    • Choose an additional plan then click Change plan settings.
    • Select Cancel. (Customized power plan will be move to the additional plans.)
    • Click Change plan settings beside your customized power plan.
    • You will see the option Delete this plan in the Edit Plan Settings.
    • Select OK to confirm the deletion.

Should you need further help, let us know.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Mar 30, 2021
  3. John Fer Win User
    Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Mar 30, 2021
  4. I'cant delete my power plan!

I now have over 100 addtional power plans, how do I delete them other than one at a time?

Hi Mike,

You may try deleting power plans by following the steps below:

• If you are deleting custom power plans, open a command prompt by right-clicking on the
      Start button and selecting Command Prompt, then go to step 3.
    • If you are deleting built-in Balanced, Power Saver, or
      High Performance power plans, open an elevated command prompt by right-clicking on the
      Start button and selecting Command Prompt (Admin), then go to step 3.
    • Copy and paste the following command into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      . This will give you a list of all existing power plans on the PC along with their
      GUID. Note the GUIDs that are listed next to the power plans that you want to delete:
      power cfg /list
    • If the power plan you want to delete is currently set as your active plan, then you will need to set another power plan as your active plan first.
      (Note: An asterisk * to the right of the power plan in step 3 above will indicate your current active plan.)
    • Type the following command into the command prompt, and press Enter
      to delete the power plan: powercfg -delete GUID
      • Note: Substitute GUID in the command above with the actual GUID of the power plan you want to delete.

For example:

powercfg -delete fcbb086e-4380-47d6-8a79-f4a099526dfa
    • When finished, you may close the command prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

I'cant delete my power plan!

1. I'cant delete my power plan! - Similar Threads - I'cant delete power

2. I accidentally deleted all the power plans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I accidentally deleted all the power plans: hello everyone, I accidentally deleted all the power plans on my computer and now I can't restore them. I used to use the high performance plan but now on the control panel I find only "balanced and if I go to advanced options, I get an error "energy saving information is not...
  3. I accidentally deleted all the power plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted all the power plans: hello everyone, I accidentally deleted all the power plans on my computer and now I can't restore them. I used to use the high performance plan but now on the control panel I find only "balanced and if I go to advanced options, I get an error "energy saving information is not...
  4. Power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power plans: I tried all different solutions but nothing worked.I downloaded the pow files and nothing worked.I tried these codes:powercfg -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635cpowercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61powercfg -duplicatescheme...
  5. How to Delete a Power Plan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Delete a Power Plan in Windows 10: [ATTACH]A Power Plan is a collection of system settings that tells your computer how to use power in different situations. Power plans are important, and […] This article How to Delete a Power Plan in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Power Plan

Power Plan: My power plan only has the balanced one and I can't figure out how to get the high performance one. I went into create a power plan but it wasn't there also. Any way I can get the high performance plan?...
  7. Power Plans

Power Plans: I recently did a Fresh Start on my HP laptop as I was having issues with Windows Defender and my computer was running slow despite my best efforts to fix it. The install solved the problems I was having with Windows Defender and speed but I have been having issues with the...
  8. Power Plan

Power Plan: Why isn't my power plan available? I attemted to increase the time before the PC sleeps, but it seems to default to 10 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plan/f2cab0f8-1715-4975-bc19-bfe1a3b62db5
  9. Default Power plans deleted, need restore

Default Power plans deleted, need restore: Hi, I messed up at some point when trying to configure my power plans and I got the default plans "High performance" and "Power saver" deleted. I wish to restore them. I've already looked in reset and restore power plans to default setting section of tutorials in this forum,...
  10. Delete Power Plan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Power Plan in Windows 10: How to: Delete Power Plan in Windows 10 How to Delete a Power Plan in Windows 10 A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. A power plan is also known as a power scheme. You can create custom power...