Windows 10: ICC color profile not sticking after reboot/sleep

Discus and support ICC color profile not sticking after reboot/sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I can't get my ICC profile to stick on my thinkpad A485 after reboot or sleep. I have tried the task-scheduler solution, game-bar disable, selection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by I.Tokhi, Mar 31, 2019.

1. I.Tokhi Win User

ICC color profile not sticking after reboot/sleep

I can't get my ICC profile to stick on my thinkpad A485 after reboot or sleep. I have tried the task-scheduler solution, game-bar disable, selection all the necessary options in color management profile and still nothing. I have all the latest drivers with my display drivers. Please help me find a solution. Thank you.

:)

I.Tokhi, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Peargrin Win User

icc color profile resetting in Win 10

I ran into this problem with icc profiles and Photoshop. Had to reset the default icc profile on every start or Photoshop would give me an invalid profile description error. Using a Dell with Windows 10. For me, the culprit was Dell Premier Color. Uninstalled
    it, and problem was resolved.

Peargrin, Mar 31, 2019
  3. skum-cat Win User
    HDR mode and color profiles

Hello

I have a calibrated ICC profile for normal sRGB mode. When i switch to HDR mode, it still using the calibrated profile, and giving weird colors and white balance.

I have tried to add a Rec.2020 HDR profile to ICC-profile (Advance color) list in color management. But I can´t use it at standard colors in HDR mode. Nothing happens when i try to applied it.

So to be clear:

In normal mode I want to use calibrated icc profile for sRGB.

And in HDR mode, using the standard REC.2020 icc profile.

skum-cat, Mar 31, 2019
  4. ICC color profile not sticking after reboot/sleep

Unable to load custom ICC color profile in Windows 10

My monitor requires a custom ICC color profile to display correctly. Under Windows 8.1, I was able to load this using the Color Management utility. After upgrading to Windows 10, the utility appears the same, however, I'm unable to load the profile.

The process I've been using is:

• open Color Management
    • Under the "Advanced" tab, click "Change system defaults"
    • Under the "Devices" tab, click "Add..."
    • Click "Browse..." in the popup window and locate the custom profile file and click "add"
    Then nothing happens. Under Windows 8.1, the custom profile would appear under the list of "Profiles associated with this device", but not in Windows 10.

Any fixes for this?

Dabarnyarddawg, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

ICC color profile not sticking after reboot/sleep

1. ICC color profile not sticking after reboot/sleep - Similar Threads - ICC color profile

2. ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working: I'm on Windows 11 Pro 22H2I'm trying to used my monitor's OEM ICC profile but it looks like it has no effect. I dived deeper by setting random ICC profiles by default but all have no effect. I do remember these having substantial changes in color in Windows 10, but it seems...
  3. ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working: I'm on Windows 11 Pro 22H2I'm trying to used my monitor's OEM ICC profile but it looks like it has no effect. I dived deeper by setting random ICC profiles by default but all have no effect. I do remember these having substantial changes in color in Windows 10, but it seems...
  4. ICC color profile doesn't work on printer Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ICC color profile doesn't work on printer Win11: Hello everybody,I got an ICC color profile for my printer and assigned it to my printer using Windows' "Color Management", but there is no change in the printout. My printer driver HP MFP479 doesn't have built-in options to apply color profiling. But as far as I know, when I...
  5. ICC color profile doesn't work on printer Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ICC color profile doesn't work on printer Win11: Hello everybody,I got an ICC color profile for my printer and assigned it to my printer using Windows' "Color Management", but there is no change in the printout. My printer driver HP MFP479 doesn't have built-in options to apply color profiling. But as far as I know, when I...
  6. ICC Color Profile Resetting each hardware issues or after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    ICC Color Profile Resetting each hardware issues or after sleep mode: Hello, I have been looking about a solution for a problem setting the Display Color Profile that I want. In my case I used a monitor calibrator and want to use the generated color profile and Windows still refuses to use it. Every time I go to sleep or play a game or some...
  7. ICC Color Profile not staying applied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ICC Color Profile not staying applied: Been trying to set up an ICC profile on my desktop as my colors seem washed out. I have an ASUS VG248QE. Every time I apply the profile I can see the change take place but as soon as I close out of color management it reverts back to normal. I check the boxes for using my...
  8. Windows 10 v1909 ICC Profiles - Advanced Color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 v1909 ICC Profiles - Advanced Color: In the Windows 10 v1909 control panel Color Management app I load an ICC profile for an HP color laserjet printer. Two sections appear in the Color Management app - "ICC Profiles" and "ICC Profiles Advanced Color". What is difference between these two sections? In...
  9. ICC profile resets at reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ICC profile resets at reboot: Hi there, I am having issues with my ICC color profile resetting after each reboot. It is really frustrating as I have to set it up each time again after I turn my PC on, as it does not stay on. I have tried task scheduler thing "\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsColorSystem" as...
  10. How to install a Color Profile in Windows 10 using an ICC Profile

in Windows 10 News
    How to install a Color Profile in Windows 10 using an ICC Profile: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Ever wondered why an image looks different on every monitor? Why some of the pictures taken from a phone look surprisingly better on another phone’s display? The answer is how the display has been configured to output the correct color [...] This post How to...