Windows 10: ICH10R support? cannot install any driver other than generic

Discus and support ICH10R support? cannot install any driver other than generic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dell Studio XPS 9100.. presumably has [according to Hdw ID] ICH10R controller I have tried everything Intel has for the part, but will not install.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cognus, Jun 7, 2016.

1. cognus Win User

ICH10R support? cannot install any driver other than generic

Dell Studio XPS 9100.. presumably has [according to Hdw ID] ICH10R controller
    I have tried everything Intel has for the part, but will not install.
    stuck with the generic Microsoft AHCI driver

I am using a Samsung evo 840 ssd if it matters

can anyone help?

:)

cognus, Jun 7, 2016
  2. auggy Win User

Why Is My DVD Not Working on Gateway SX2803 Anymore?

Can you double-click Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller > Driver

What is the "Driver version"?

Also, in the Device Manager can you double-click on the DVD drive.

Under the "General" tab what is the "Device status"?

auggy, Jun 7, 2016
  3. Error: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017, 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D and :Inaccessible Boot Device" after installing Windows 10 on SATA and RAID devices

Hi there, I'm having major Problems upgrading to Win10. The story so far: I'm running Win7 Ultimate (DE) on an ASUS P5Q-E board with Intel P45 Chipset and an ICH10R SATA controller. Intel also provides Rapid Storage Technology (RST) software to manage and
    monitor the RAID volumes. I updated my ICH10R drivers to v14.8.0.1042 since those are compatible to Win10, according to Intel. Everything works like a charm ICH10R  support? cannot install any driver other than generic :)

But the time came to upgrade to Win10 Pro (DE), it seems the free upgrade expires soon. First I got a "0xC1900101 - 0x20017 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation". Fixed that by moving the system SSD to a non-RAID
    port. Then it was "0xC1900101 - 0x4000D The installation failed in Second_Boot phase with an error during Migrate_Data operation". Fixed that by cleaning up the Win7 installation, removing startup services and apps which may mess with disk operations. And
    finally, just 1 day later, there's Win10 in all its glory!

The only thing missing are all drives connected to the ICH10R i.e. everything but the system SSD. Device Manager shows no errors, the SATA RAID controller is there, but Disk Manager doesn't see the drives and the Intel RST software won't start either. Connecting
    the system SSD to the ICH10R results in a blue screen with "Inaccessible Boot Device". Another day goes by trying to convince Win10 to access the other drives but no joy there. Finally I gave up! Seriously, who needs upgrades when you have backups??

So it's Plan "B", re-install Win10 from scratch! Installation works fine with all drives connected to the ICH10R, all the drives are there, too and Device Manager shows no errors. Nice, but Win10 comes with old RAID drivers v13.3.something and obviously
    without the Intel RST Management software. Installation of current (v14.8.0.1042) RST software works fine but that doesn't update the drivers and it subsequently fails to start. Checked the Intel website but no RST package v.13.3.* is available and the drivers
    are about 2 years old! So I tried to force a driver installation via Device Manager / Update Driver and this installed v14.8.0.1042. But after the mandatory reboot I again get a Blue Screen with "Inaccessible Boot Device".

BTW I'm sure somebody will recommend Plan "C": Nuke the RAID volumes on the ICH10R and use Windows RAID with the old SATA drivers provided by Win10, but seriously: I like the Intel solution, I'm used to it and my system is admittedly old but still rather
    well supported and there should be some way to make this work??

So now I'm back on good old Win7 and wondering if anybody has Win10 running on an ICH10R with RAID and RST support and how they did it?

Original title: Intel ICH10R SATA and RST support on Windows 10

MarcusBfromDE, Jun 7, 2016
  4. ICH10R support? cannot install any driver other than generic

Have you tried any of the files available through Dell's support site using your Service Tag?

DeaconFrost, Jun 7, 2016
  5. RWOne Win User
    Should be within your chipset drivers for the model ... Don't look specifically for ICH10R, you won't find that listed ...

RWOne, Jun 7, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Jun 7, 2016
  7. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Jun 7, 2016
  8. cognus Win User

OK. Win 10 goes generic ancient Microsoft AHCI driver. I doubt it allows full use of 6gbs SSD

cognus, Jun 8, 2016
  9. Benchmark the SSD and find out. Windows 10 was created far enough in the past that it could easily include proper drivers.

I'd be more worried as to why I couldn't install the straight-from-Intel drivers.

DeaconFrost, Jun 8, 2016
  10. Kbird Win User
    Fernando's Modified Drivers will install on all fairly modern chipsets , that is why he modified it , as some Manufacturers use cheaper chipset versions without all the features and thus Intel's own driver won't install, for eg. there are at least 4 versions of the ICH10 , and I am using his Modded+signed Intel RST drivers v11.2.0.1006 Driver on an old P45 Board for the ICH9R too as there are no newer Intel Drivers that would install, I use it for the ICH10 (X58) and on my X99 Board too..

With your Hardware ID from Device Manager you can check your actual Chipset on Fernando's list here :

http://www.win-raid.com/t2f23-Intel-...QL.html#msg100

Modded Page again....do some reading....

http://www.win-raid.com/t11f23-Modde...ly-signed.html

Kbird, Jun 8, 2016
  11. cognus Win User
    you're right; i should have checked Fernando's site first. He usually has the right answer.

cognus, Jun 9, 2016
  12. Kbird Win User
    He knows his stuff and hasn't put me wrong yet , and his Site was where I finally worked out why Win10 was having so many Issues on my older Motherboards with Raid. ( the Chipsets aren't supported properly in Raid by the Driver included with Win10 when you install it)

This post is good for his recommended Drivers , at the bottom of the 1st Post is a Table of what he recommends for each Chipset

http://www.win-raid.com/t25f23-Which...D-drivers.html

Kbird, Jun 9, 2016
  13. ICH10R support? cannot install any driver other than generic

I could not install AMD AHCI using installer either until I have found out, I had to do it manually, maybe it is the same.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. ICH10R support? cannot install any driver other than generic - Similar Threads - ICH10R support cannot

2. Cannot set any drive other than C: for default install location in the Xbox app for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set any drive other than C: for default install location in the Xbox app for Windows: I recently added a new boot drive to my computer and did a clean install of Windows 11. However, ever since, the Xbox app no longer allows me to change the install location for games. I can select the drive on the dropdown list, but it instantly reverts back to C and games...
  3. Cannot set any drive other than C: for default install location in the Xbox app for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot set any drive other than C: for default install location in the Xbox app for Windows: I recently added a new boot drive to my computer and did a clean install of Windows 11. However, ever since, the Xbox app no longer allows me to change the install location for games. I can select the drive on the dropdown list, but it instantly reverts back to C and games...
  4. Is there any other software than utorrent?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there any other software than utorrent?: uTorrent is not a safe software for downloading movies. I searched for similar apps in Microsoft store but they aren't operable. They are too unstable to operate. Is there any other apps than utorrent to download movies and games?...
  5. Other than hardwareID, any other property to uniquely identify device drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Other than hardwareID, any other property to uniquely identify device drivers: Hi, Like hardware id where we can identify the device driver is there any other property where we can identify the device and its drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-than-hardwareid-any-other-property-to/805afd68-bcff-442b-bf7c-0fb03a29e993
  6. generic print drivers installation

generic print drivers installation: I need to install a GENERIC PRINTER DRIVER in addition to my printer for work purposes in order to generate something called a PRN in court transcription. Help! I have a Lenovo laptop....
  7. generic microsft driver

generic microsft driver: I have a generic Microsoft driver How do I get the write one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-microsft-driver/135bb680-a1d7-4bb9-9551-6c9d235c3ca8
  8. Cannot move or install apps on drive other than C:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot move or install apps on drive other than C:: I have a small SSD that has windows installed, and a larger SSD and HDD that I use to store the majority of my programs/files. When I try to install a game like Sea of Thieves or Zoo Tycoon on any other drive than my C drive, it fails during the install step. I have tried...
  9. Defender Better than any other

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Better than any other: Do not recall where yet I read an article stating Defender should be THE one and only choice of anti-anything protection for Win10. Personally, I have McAfee Life Safe. I'm a ordinary occasional user but want what's best for my PC. I think the article stated the pumped up...
  10. Ich10r max voltage.

Ich10r max voltage.: I have an x58 motherboard witch have an ich10 r sata controller. Can u tell me witch is the max safe voltage fo ich10 r (southbridge)? I searched in intel site but i coulden find it. Thnx 46632