Windows 10: iCloud account always alert "Attention required" even though it could be used.

Discus and support iCloud account always alert "Attention required" even though it could be used. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have added my iCloud account to Windows 10 using the generated app-specific password. While I could successfully log in and sync all my calendars,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PorridgePi, May 28, 2020.

1. iCloud account always alert "Attention required" even though it could be used.

I have added my iCloud account to Windows 10 using the generated app-specific password.

While I could successfully log in and sync all my calendars, there is always the alert "Attention required", asking my to enter my password again and again. After entering the password, the alert pops up again.

I have tried out all the methods that I could find online, such as using app-specific password, which I am already using.

The alert is rather annoying. May I know how could I solve this problem?

I am on Windows 10 2004 and my iCloud account has 2FA activated.

:)

PorridgePi, May 28, 2020

2. People App account "Attention Required" for iCloud account

I added my iCloud contacts to People and the setup never ended so I had to stop it. Now I have the attention required note on my iCloud account in People settings.

If I click on it to try and edit the account settings I get the error message below. The connection and iCloud account are fine since I have iCloud drive configured and it is working.

Any ideas?

iCloud account always alert "Attention required" even though it could be used. 9468e0d9-317f-4616-a1c5-d72a929d1993.png

KevinCarroll_990, May 28, 2020
  3. People App account "Attention Required" for iCloud account

Thanks @Trekkie-wp

I used this solution to remove two Attention Required errors I was getting in the Windows 10 People app. Both were attempts to add an iCloud account.

Both failed to sync and remained in an inert 'Attention Required' phase.

While I was unable to click into those accounts to removed them within the People App, I was able to remove those two accounts via the Calendar App.

Thank you so much - David

davejramos, May 28, 2020
  4. iCloud account always alert "Attention required" even though it could be used.

Email & App Accounts: iCloud account doesn't work "Attention Requiered"

Resolutions

• Since I've had this problem for some time, its hard to say which update massed this feature up, but I'm sure it was before the Creators Update.
    • I've tried the "Manage" and "Fix" options that appear when you click on the "Attention Required" message. Once I new that the problem only appears with iCloud accounts (or at least mine) I tried changing the password (It seemed logical at the time). I looked
      on the internet for answers, it took me to these forum, but the only answers I saw was running some codes which I did one and nothing happened. So I decided to hold back and ask for other options.
    This is the answer i found while looking for answers.

francisgoca, May 28, 2020
Thema:

iCloud account always alert "Attention required" even though it could be used.

1. iCloud account always alert "Attention required" even though it could be used. - Similar Threads - iCloud account always

2. ATTENTION REQUIRED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ATTENTION REQUIRED: Keeps asking me to uninstall virtualbox when trying to upgrade to version update [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attention-required/a10e7f0f-3157-415c-b762-b6e48d6071d1
  3. Windows 10 mail app always show "attention required" for icloud account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 mail app always show "attention required" for icloud account: Windows 10 mail app always show "attention required" for icloud account Unable to access my icloud emails on my PC on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-always-show-attention-required/539cf535-f959-48c7-a70a-7ce9cad94257
  4. "Some of your accounts require attention"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Some of your accounts require attention": Every so often I get a notification from Windows saying "Some of your accounts require attention" When I go to Start -> Settings -> Shared Experiences I see the same message in red above a "Fix now" button, which when clicked asks me to enter my PIN. And when I enter my PIN...
  5. Some of your accounts require attention

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some of your accounts require attention: Why do I get these messages on my Windows 10 Machine? Some of your accounts require attention I select fix now My Microsoft account appears under Pick an account I pickmy account but nothing happens. Andy...
  6. Accounts requiring attention?

Accounts requiring attention?: So that account problem pop up showed up on my laptop. Yellow text in Shared experiences and I'm asked for my pin again. How does an account go out of date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accounts-requiring-attention/8ad36110-d950-4817-92e0-79f70acb30e6
  7. Attention Required-Email accounts

Attention Required-Email accounts: my email accounts are in need of " require attention", I update password to fix it and manage accounts, and still get Attention required, what am I doing wrong?...
  8. iCloud account alert

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iCloud account alert: I get an alert that my account needs attention, when I go to settings the icloud account has two boxes, fix and manage. the fix box asks for the password, I put it in and click done. It does not tell me the password is incorrect, it could very easily be. The manage box has...
  9. Attention required for email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attention required for email account: Hello! I have setup multiple email accounts and this is the only one that is giving me trouble. It's a "Yahoo" account and every time I enter my credentials it will connect, show me my new emails and then about 1 minute later it is back to saying "Attention Required" and...
  10. Attention required for Outlook Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Attention required for Outlook Account: I use Outlook 2013 on my PC. Since the anniversary upgrade I keep getting the message "you need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device." Since I don't use Outlook.com I assume that I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icloud account windows 10 attention required