Windows 10: iCloud Address Broken in Windows 10 Mail App

Discus and support iCloud Address Broken in Windows 10 Mail App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My iCloud email that I have set up to work in the Windows 10 mail app is one, not receiving emails, and two, is always telling me "Your iCloud account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by oliver_cool103, Oct 10, 2018.

1. iCloud Address Broken in Windows 10 Mail App

My iCloud email that I have set up to work in the Windows 10 mail app is one, not receiving emails, and two, is always telling me "Your iCloud account settings and out of date." When I look at its inbox it says that it is retrieving my emails but it never does. This is extremely frustrating and any sources I have found online don't help.

iCloud Address Broken in Windows 10 Mail App [​IMG] iCloud Address Broken in Windows 10 Mail App 7607ad7e-15ed-40bb-9c1d-4241eb2a39f8?upload=true.png

:)

oliver_cool103, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. iCloud Address Broken in Windows 10 Mail App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Bastet Win User
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. iCloud Address Broken in Windows 10 Mail App :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Oct 10, 2018
  4. iCloud Address Broken in Windows 10 Mail App

iCloud is there in Mail, but not visible--now what?

Adam,

Have you checked launched he Windows Store (beta) to check for an update to the olMail App?
    Please do that before seeing if the next suggestion helps.

The information on Apple support tells me that the port#s are specific to iCloud servers. The olMail App does verifiy that you have entered the correct credentials to access the server. Maybe there's an issue with the way Windows defined the Server.

That was the other members question - how to set specific server information in the client. Neither of us found where to to that.

Mystere suggested tacking the port # onto the server as shown below. I'm looking around to try and fine where to see this information (registry? Appdata...packages?)
    imap.mail.me.com:993
    smtp.mail.me.com:587
    I haven't test that, though it sounds logical *Wink

It could just be a mismatch in the way you set it up (partial name instead of the full eMail address) or it could be a bug in the way olMail sets up iCloud when you click on that automatic setup link (previous iterations of MS mail clients had a similar bug - the work around was to manually set up the client)

I'll post what I've written so far and come back after some more testing.

Slartybart, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

iCloud Address Broken in Windows 10 Mail App

1. iCloud Address Broken in Windows 10 Mail App - Similar Threads - iCloud Address Broken

2. mail app broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail app broken: i added my microsoft account already but now i am stuck here.when i try to add one of my gmail accounts it just creates this message and returns to the original problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-broken/12e68e5a-d3bc-41dc-b5af-75d20b7953d5
  3. mail app broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail app broken: i added my microsoft account already but now i am stuck here.when i try to add one of my gmail accounts it just creates this message and returns to the original problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-broken/12e68e5a-d3bc-41dc-b5af-75d20b7953d5
  4. Only Mail App syncing with iCloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Mail App syncing with iCloud: Hi, I have been trying to sync my iCloud calendar with my Calendar App on Windows 10. When I sign it, it only signs into the Mail App but it does not appear on People & Calendar. Is there anything here I am missing?...
  5. Only Mail App syncing with iCloud

Only Mail App syncing with iCloud: Hi, I have been trying to sync my iCloud calendar with my Calendar App on Windows 10. When I sign it, it only signs into the Mail App but it does not appear on People & Calendar. Is there anything here I am missing?...
  6. Linking iCloud account to mail app

Linking iCloud account to mail app: I recently purchased a PC and while setting up i attempted to setup my icloud account but the mail app says my settings are out of date. went through the steps suggested and setup two factor authenication but it was no help. anyone have suggestions?...
  7. FIX windows 10 Mail APP it broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    FIX windows 10 Mail APP it broken: Can someone at Microsoft fix the mail app PLEASE !!! Wont send from outbox repeatedly, my customers are angry for not getting their emails Works for a while and keeps dropping all my email accounts Yes I have tried everything nothing works except …. Delete the account...
  8. caldav for icloud not working in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    caldav for icloud not working in Windows 10 Mail app: I'm trying out the Windows Mail app, and it seems to be accessing my iCloud email fine, once I set up an app password for it on appleid.apple.com, but none of my iCloud calendars. When I look at the server settings, it says it's using https://p06-caldav.icloud.com . Other...
  9. icloud mail

in Browsers and Email
    icloud mail: I am trying to set up my icloud email on my windows 10 laptop. it says attention required, update the password for this account. umm the password i have entered is the same password i use for my icloud account on my iphone and ipad so i dont get what the problem is at all....
  10. Windows 10 Mail App for Apple iCloud Email

Windows 10 Mail App for Apple iCloud Email: Can't connect my apple icloud email to Windows 10 Mail Application; no issue with correct PW and certificates. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-for-apple-icloud-email/5d1bc240-2be6-4c8a-a6b9-fb3b1891323c