Windows 10: iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app

Discus and support iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Has anyone successfully been able to make Windows 10 People (the contacts part of mail) sync with their iCloud contacts? Not import, but sync? Or, does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/scrutator, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:52 PM.

1. iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app

Has anyone successfully been able to make Windows 10 People (the contacts part of mail) sync with their iCloud contacts? Not import, but sync? Or, does anyone know for sure whether it’s possible or impossible? It seems to be possible because there is a dialogue to sign in to iCloud, but that fails with Microsoft error code 0x80004005, which seems to be an undocumented catch-all that means “We don’t know either”.

submitted by /u/scrutator
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/scrutator, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:52 PM

2. Are iCloud Contacts Supposed to Sync Automatically With Windows 10 Phone People App?

• Used OL on Windows 10 PC to create iCloud contact.
    • Contact shows in People and List view when (in OL). If I select the iCloud folder, and I select‘People’ from the bottom bar at lower left, the added contact shows in both List View and People view.

Note: The added contact in question does NOT show on either an iPad or the Windows 10 phone People app.
    • Not sure what you mean by “sign out and sign in”. From where? PC? Phone? And how?
    If I bring up the iCloud app on PC, the Calendar and Contacts option is checked. Calendar is behaving just fine, BTW - it's only Contacts where I'm having this problem.

Have done many, many soft resets – no joy.

So it seems that I'm not causing a sync to occur between the Windows 10 PC and iCloud. What steps can I take to get that accomplished?

Thanks.

3. Can't setup iCloud account in the People app

I am trying to add my iCloud account to the People app in Windows 10 (Fall Creator's Edition).

My steps:

1. I start the People app and click Add Accounts.
    2. I select iCloud from the list. For email address, I enter my login email address for iCloud. For Send your messages..., I enter my name. And then the iCloud password. And then click Sign in.
    3. It says Your account was setup successfully, but then when I dismiss the dialog, it says
      iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app YqVPy.png

What am I missing? Why does it not connect?

iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app CYbS7.png

4. Vijay B Win User

iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app

People app problems with iCloud contact pictures

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install iCloud control panel and check if you get an option to sync People App in it.

Refer to the article:

Download iCloud for Windows

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

iCloud - Official Apple Support

Hope this information helps. If you need any further assistance or information on this issue, reply back to this post. I will be glad to help you.

Thema:

iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app

1. iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app - Similar Threads - iCloud contacts app

2. contacts into the people app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  3. contact list to people app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    contact list to people app: New computer with win 10. Set up all my email accounts in windows mail. moved contact list to new computer. How do I connect my contact list into People app so I can use them in email accounta?...
  4. Deletion of old contacts in the Windows 10 People App

Deletion of old contacts in the Windows 10 People App: I recently asked the following question: I am in a constant fight with the People app. It seems to me that this app needs a major overhaul. Two weeks ago, most of my contacts disappeared except some very old ones. Why and How? Absolutely no idea. After some consultation...
  5. People (contacts list) APP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    People (contacts list) APP: Why am I unable to edit my contacts list? When I click on a name and then click edit, the app seems to freeze up and then the app just shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-contacts-list-app/489e52b2-0333-47d5-a9ab-c4b2b0d36bb3
  6. Backing up Contacts in People App in Windows 10

Backing up Contacts in People App in Windows 10: My wife is using the People App in Windows 10 to store her contacts on her laptop. It appears that the contacts are stored somewhere on the laptop, since they are available when she is not connected to the Web. I want to back up that contact file so I need to know the...
  7. Window 10 Peoples app, lost all contacts.

Window 10 Peoples app, lost all contacts.: I have lost all my contact information for Peoples , Mail apps. Is there a way to retrieve a back-up copy of the contact information? thanks...
  8. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a
  9. People Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    People Contacts: When I open People in Win 10, several of my contacts are missing. I still have Win Live Mail 2012. I have to copy the missing contacts from Win Live mail to People. Does any one know why some of my contacts are missing in People? I tried to import my contacts from Win Live...
  10. Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10: How to: Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10 How to Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10 The People app included in Windows 10 puts all the ways you connect with all your friends, family, colleagues, and acquaintances in one place,...