Windows 10: iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app

Discus and support iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Has anyone successfully been able to make Windows 10 People (the contacts part of mail) sync with their iCloud contacts? Not import, but sync? Or, does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/scrutator, Feb 14, 2020.

1. iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app

Has anyone successfully been able to make Windows 10 People (the contacts part of mail) sync with their iCloud contacts? Not import, but sync? Or, does anyone know for sure whether it’s possible or impossible? It seems to be possible because there is a dialogue to sign in to iCloud, but that fails with Microsoft error code 0x80004005, which seems to be an undocumented catch-all that means “We don’t know either”.

submitted by /u/scrutator
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/scrutator, Feb 14, 2020

2. Are iCloud Contacts Supposed to Sync Automatically With Windows 10 Phone People App?

• Used OL on Windows 10 PC to create iCloud contact.
    • Contact shows in People and List view when (in OL). If I select the iCloud folder, and I select‘People’ from the bottom bar at lower left, the added contact shows in both List View and People view.

Note: The added contact in question does NOT show on either an iPad or the Windows 10 phone People app.
    • Not sure what you mean by “sign out and sign in”. From where? PC? Phone? And how?
    If I bring up the iCloud app on PC, the Calendar and Contacts option is checked. Calendar is behaving just fine, BTW - it's only Contacts where I'm having this problem.

Have done many, many soft resets – no joy.

So it seems that I'm not causing a sync to occur between the Windows 10 PC and iCloud. What steps can I take to get that accomplished?

Thanks.

jenkins-ear, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Can't setup iCloud account in the People app

I am trying to add my iCloud account to the People app in Windows 10 (Fall Creator's Edition).

My steps:

1. I start the People app and click Add Accounts.
    2. I select iCloud from the list. For email address, I enter my login email address for iCloud. For Send your messages..., I enter my name. And then the iCloud password. And then click Sign in.
    3. It says Your account was setup successfully, but then when I dismiss the dialog, it says
      iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app YqVPy.png

What am I missing? Why does it not connect?

iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app CYbS7.png

AngryHacker, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Vijay B Win User

iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app

People app problems with iCloud contact pictures

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install iCloud control panel and check if you get an option to sync People App in it.

Refer to the article:

Download iCloud for Windows

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

iCloud - Official Apple Support

Hope this information helps. If you need any further assistance or information on this issue, reply back to this post. I will be glad to help you.

Vijay B, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app

1. iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app - Similar Threads - iCloud contacts app

2. Why is People app not able to sync iCloud contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is People app not able to sync iCloud contacts: When I open the people app I get a notification saying that sync failed on one account. I go into the "fix account" and I give the correct password. but then the window closes and nothing happens. also something wierd: my icloud account is called...
  3. Why is People app not able to sync iCloud contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is People app not able to sync iCloud contacts: When I open the people app I get a notification saying that sync failed on one account. I go into the "fix account" and I give the correct password. but then the window closes and nothing happens. also something wierd: my icloud account is called...
  4. Sync my iCloud Calendar and Contacts with Windows 11 Calendar App and People App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync my iCloud Calendar and Contacts with Windows 11 Calendar App and People App: I have a Surface Pro and am trying to sync my iCloud Calendar and Contacts with Windows 11 Calendar App and People App. I add the account under accounts, then change the password to an app specific password in the calendar but then two things happen. The first is the calendar...
  5. Sync my iCloud Calendar and Contacts with Windows 11 Calendar App and People App

Sync my iCloud Calendar and Contacts with Windows 11 Calendar App and People App: I have a Surface Pro and am trying to sync my iCloud Calendar and Contacts with Windows 11 Calendar App and People App. I add the account under accounts, then change the password to an app specific password in the calendar but then two things happen. The first is the calendar...
  6. Windows 10 "People" aka contacts app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 "People" aka contacts app.: How do I customize the Windows 10 "People" default template i.e. I'd like to remove some labels and replace those removed with new labels?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-people-aka-contacts-app/eb8bf738-cd79-4889-85fc-f506eb203d59
  7. People App with iCloud

People App with iCloud: The App stopped working - no contacts are visible. The App syncs well. Nothing on view. All I care about is my contacts. Does this App require Windows 10 to be logged into Microsoft account? I am using a local account. I have seen hundreds of complaints about this App....
  8. Trouble syncing iCloud Contacts into people

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble syncing iCloud Contacts into people: I pressed on the import logged in and it did let me get in, but then got stuck on the syncing accounts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-syncing-icloud-contacts-into-people/e515148a-5d83-4b4b-890d-f184958e63ae
  9. iCloud Contact Not Showing in Window 10 People After Sync

iCloud Contact Not Showing in Window 10 People After Sync: I have my iCloud account added to my Window 10. Email and Calender sync work fine without issues. However, after showing "Success! Sync Complete", none of my iCloud contacts shows up in People. Actualy all the sync with iCloud worked for a while. Then one day all my...
  10. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import icloud contact to people

2. sync icloud contacts windows 10

3. People app for windows cant sync iCloud contacts

4. where is icloud for windows contact folder,
  5. windows 10 people app not syncing with icloud contacts,
  6. import icloud contacts to people app on windows 10