Windows 10: iCloud Drive excludes folders?

Discus and support iCloud Drive excludes folders? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, guys, I have decided to use my iCloud storage to synchronize my documents from notebook and desktop PC. No sooner said than done. Installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KarkMar, Aug 1, 2020.

1. KarkMar Win User

iCloud Drive excludes folders?

Hi, guys,

I have decided to use my iCloud storage to synchronize my documents from notebook and desktop PC.

No sooner said than done. Installed on both PCs and pushed the files together. Unfortunately, it is now the case that some folders are not synchronized for some reason. Some folders have been syncing for over 10 hours, but nothing happens. The icon in the taskbar says the update was completed XX minutes/hours ago.

Unfortunately, iCloud gives absolutely no configuration options. I would like to have the files stored locally at any time without saving storage space and thus offline at any time the latest version is available and when going back online changes are synchronized, just like I know it from the dropbox...

Is there any command prompt command to force the synchronization of all files in the folder? I have now also checked "Always keep on this device" in the context menu for the folders where possible. But I have the feeling that this is wrong. If I change or delete a file on the desktop PC, move or move it, this should be done 1:1 on the notebook... As if I would only work on a central drive, but have a local synchronisation for offline work available from every device. (Of course with the status according to the last online update, but that's not a problem, since I almost always have internet access available). But I don't want to have to download documents first to view them. I also work a lot with the document preview in Explorer.

The screenshots are from the desktop PC. My notebook has no desire to download any more files and works with a file from last night. That means only 25% of the files and changed folder structures and deleted files were not transferred.

Greetings Martin

iCloud Drive excludes folders? 0_big.jpg

iCloud Drive excludes folders? 1_big.jpg

:)

KarkMar, Aug 1, 2020

2. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! iCloud Drive excludes folders? :)

justinmreina, Aug 1, 2020
  3. JustinWuB Win User
    How to move the iCloud icon out of the local drive list

I installed iCloud on my Windows 10 machine and the iCloud icon is displayed in the local drive list. It's too annoying*Sad*Sad*Sad How can I remove the icon out of the drive list. Thanks!

iCloud Drive excludes folders? [​IMG]

JustinWuB, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Windows and Icloud Mail etc: Failing to initialise

Hi
    TomParkinson2

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

1. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Do you receive any error message when the spinner stops?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Uninstall iCloud application.

I would suggest you to Sign out from the iCloud account from the app, then uninstall the application.

1. Press Windows
      and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Select the iCloud application and click on Uninstall.

Method 2: Reinstall iCloud application.

Step 1:

I would suggest you toDownload
    the latest version of iCloud

from the apple website. Follow the Onscreen instructions and install the application. For more information, check the article on
    Set up and use iCloud for Windows.

Step 2:

Once the installation is completed, tap on the Windows key on your keyboard, search for ICloud app. Right click on the app and click on
    Pin to taskbar.

If you are using Surface PC, I would suggest you to follow steps mentioned in the Microsoft article about
    Using Surface with iPhone, iCloud,
    and iTunes.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. iCloud Drive excludes folders? - Similar Threads - iCloud Drive excludes

2. Icloud drive not enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icloud drive not enabled: I've spent several hours trying to get icloud drive working on a new windows 11 home 22H2, fully patched as of 13th June. The version of icloud is 14.2.96.0 downloaded from the Microsoft store today.Icloud appears to install ok and it appears in the collapsed section on the...
  3. Use MpCmdRun.exe to scan excluded folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use MpCmdRun.exe to scan excluded folders: I was wondering if there is a way to run a scan on a certain file even though the file is in the exclusion folder. I have a system that temporary saves files in a certain locationwhich is excluded from Windows Defender and from our application I want to use the exe file to...
  4. Windows 10 Search Keeps adding C Drive to Excluded Folders

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Keeps adding C Drive to Excluded Folders: Every few days, Windows 10 Search stops working. When I go into Settings... Search... Searching Windows, I'll notice that "C:\" keeps being added to the Excluded Folders, after I keep removing it....
  5. Excluded indexing folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Excluded indexing folders: I changed the excluded indexing folders and now I want to return everything to the default state, how i can do this? I mean, reset excluded indexing folders. submitted by /u/TheLerny [link] [comments]...
  6. Excluding folders in Windows Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Excluding folders in Windows Search: Hi, I'd like to set Windows Search so that the search only searches within the user's C:\Users folder. Alternatively, I'd be happy if the Search searched the whole PC, but excluded the ability to search within other users' folders. I tried setting the Find My Files setting...
  7. Trying to remove excluded folders from File History drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to remove excluded folders from File History drive: Hello anyone, When I activated File History I left the Videos folder, which contains my movies and series, in theBack up these folders list. That filled up my 1 TB backup drive quickly, so I removed that folder from the list. Now how do I remove excluded folders from my...
  8. icloud drive and bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icloud drive and bitlocker: Hi, If I turn on bitlocker for a drive can icloud drive be used on it? Many thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-drive-and-bitlocker/151ed8ca-76d1-453b-a4be-3d24ddfaa1b5"
  9. Exclude Folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exclude Folder.: Hey guys, I have a folder in my Windoes 10 Explorer that I want to exclude from media scanning, so it won't appear in anywhere except Explorer. Does anybody know how to make the equivalent of .NOMEDIA folder like the one in Android. Thank you very much....
  10. Windows indexing is not excluding folders that are excluded

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows indexing is not excluding folders that are excluded: Hello, My Windows start menu Windows search is showing results from the AppData folder despite the AppData folder being set as an excluded folder. My Windows 10 "Searching Windows" setting is set to classic and the excluded folder is clearly shown on the list. The issue...