Windows 10: Icloud Drive for windows not syncing files

Discus and support Icloud Drive for windows not syncing files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On windows 10 Files (folders, word, excel pdf ect) that are added to icloud drive folder from the Win 10 PC will not upload to apple server or sync... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinRedding, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Icloud Drive for windows not syncing files

On windows 10

Files (folders, word, excel pdf ect) that are added to icloud drive folder from the Win 10 PC will not upload to apple server or sync to apple devices

Similarly files added from a mac or apple device do not sync back to Windows 10 PC

Photos, calendar, reminders all sync normally

Everything is up to date (windows & Icloud), tried signing in and out of icloud for windows, etc, disabled Norton, all the obvious things are ok

Called Apple, called Norton, all is good on there end

Even stranger, after signing out of icloud, deleting files off pc, and signing back in the files from icloud download to the pc just fine populating a up to date file list, but once the files are in the PC are alter or added to they will not sync as described above

Anyone else experiencing this

:)

KevinRedding, Feb 4, 2019
  2. skcusime Win User

Creators upgrade and CodeTwo Sync for iCloud

My upgrade went smoothly, but Office Outlook 2007 would not open, citing Code Two as the culprit. Code Two is an Outlook add-in that syncs Outlook calendars, contacts etc with iCloud calendars, contacts etc.
    With Code two uninstalled, Outlook works fine, as does iCloud for windows.
    I've tried all suggested fixes on the code two website, but have had no success in getting the calendars to sync.
    Has anyone been able to get them to play together?

skcusime, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! Icloud Drive for windows not syncing files :)

justinmreina, Feb 4, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Icloud Drive for windows not syncing files

icloud photo library

Hello Don,

There may be several reasons why your iCloud photos are not showing up on your wife's user account. To assist you better with your concern regarding syncing iCloud, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Is your iCloud up to date?
    • Have you tried syncing iCloud while logged in to your wife's account?

You may refer to this article for steps on how to setup iCloud on Windows. Kindly make sure that you are logged in to your wife's account when performing the steps:
    How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Icloud Drive for windows not syncing files

1. Icloud Drive for windows not syncing files - Similar Threads - Icloud Drive syncing

2. How do you get iCloud windows app to sync iCloud Drive? It keeps unchecking iCloud Drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you get iCloud windows app to sync iCloud Drive? It keeps unchecking iCloud Drive...: Since upgrading to windows 11 the iCloud windows app won't let me sync iCloud drive.Worked perfectly in win10 then after upgrade, every time I check the box and click apply it just unchecks it again.Photos, contacts, calendar all work but not drive.Spoke to apple support who...
  3. How do you get iCloud windows app to sync iCloud Drive? It keeps unchecking iCloud Drive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you get iCloud windows app to sync iCloud Drive? It keeps unchecking iCloud Drive...: Since upgrading to windows 11 the iCloud windows app won't let me sync iCloud drive.Worked perfectly in win10 then after upgrade, every time I check the box and click apply it just unchecks it again.Photos, contacts, calendar all work but not drive.Spoke to apple support who...
  4. windows icloud not syncing with outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows icloud not syncing with outlook: Windows icloud not syncing with outlook windows 11*Moved from Office insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-icloud-not-syncing-with-outlook/c9610749-b6b9-486e-9a15-af0201790aac
  5. Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows: Hi,I’d like to be able to access the same photo albums that I created on my iPhone in iCloud for windows. Now I can see all photos but I can’t access the albums.How can I do this? I don’t want to log in online all the time and download everything.Cheers,Elio...
  6. Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows: Hi,I’d like to be able to access the same photo albums that I created on my iPhone in iCloud for windows. Now I can see all photos but I can’t access the albums.How can I do this? I don’t want to log in online all the time and download everything.Cheers,Elio...
  7. Windows 10 calendar and icloud: iCloud not syncing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 calendar and icloud: iCloud not syncing.: Hi. I've managed to add my iCloud calendar account to the Windows 10 mail/calendar app. The only problem i'm having is that when I edit/add a calendar event directly into the Windows 10 Calendar app, this new entry isn't getting reflected on my iCloud account (e.g. on my...
  8. iCloud not syncing all files to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud not syncing all files to Windows 10 PC: I use iCloud Drive to share files between my MacBook Air, my iPhone 11 Pro Max, and my original iPad Pro with no problems. When I add a file to a directory on any of my Apple devices, it pretty much shows up immediately on all of the other ones. I also have iCloud Drive on my...
  9. syncing iCloud for Windows to Mac

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    syncing iCloud for Windows to Mac: I need to sync edited documents, photos, etc. in iCloud for Windows, the changes prepared to be transferred to my Mac. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-icloud-for-windows-to-mac/2426a94b-6048-4121-ac3e-9293887584a4"
  10. icloud not syncing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    icloud not syncing: my icloud is not sync with calendars https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-not-syncing/fdaf4703-ffe1-4a18-bd34-7d2b0732994e