Windows 10: iCloud Drive on Windows

Discus and support iCloud Drive on Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My iCloud drive isn't up to date on my PC. It is on all my Apple devices. Is there a way to force a sync from the PC?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertFox4, Jan 12, 2019.

1. iCloud Drive on Windows

My iCloud drive isn't up to date on my PC. It is on all my Apple devices. Is there a way to force a sync from the PC?

:)

RobertFox4, Jan 12, 2019

2. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! iCloud Drive on Windows :)

justinmreina, Jan 12, 2019
  3. JustinWuB Win User
    How to move the iCloud icon out of the local drive list

I installed iCloud on my Windows 10 machine and the iCloud icon is displayed in the local drive list. It's too annoying*Sad*Sad*Sad How can I remove the icon out of the drive list. Thanks!

iCloud Drive on Windows [​IMG]

JustinWuB, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

iCloud Drive on Windows

Windows and Icloud Mail etc: Failing to initialise

Hi
    TomParkinson2

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

1. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Do you receive any error message when the spinner stops?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Uninstall iCloud application.

I would suggest you to Sign out from the iCloud account from the app, then uninstall the application.

1. Press Windows
      and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Select the iCloud application and click on Uninstall.

Method 2: Reinstall iCloud application.

Step 1:

I would suggest you toDownload
    the latest version of iCloud

from the apple website. Follow the Onscreen instructions and install the application. For more information, check the article on
    Set up and use iCloud for Windows.

Step 2:

Once the installation is completed, tap on the Windows key on your keyboard, search for ICloud app. Right click on the app and click on
    Pin to taskbar.

If you are using Surface PC, I would suggest you to follow steps mentioned in the Microsoft article about
    Using Surface with iPhone, iCloud,
    and iTunes.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

iCloud Drive on Windows

1. iCloud Drive on Windows - Similar Threads - iCloud Drive

2. How can I recover files that iCloud wiped out/deleted on D drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover files that iCloud wiped out/deleted on D drive?: I downloaded the iCloud app from Microsoft Store. I followed the setup instructions, and while following, I put D: as the destination for iCloud photos. I then continued following instructions until I realized that all my files from D drive were gone. The only thing left on D...
  3. How can I recover files that iCloud wiped out/deleted on D drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I recover files that iCloud wiped out/deleted on D drive?: I downloaded the iCloud app from Microsoft Store. I followed the setup instructions, and while following, I put D: as the destination for iCloud photos. I then continued following instructions until I realized that all my files from D drive were gone. The only thing left on D...
  4. iCloud drive not activating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iCloud drive not activating: When I installed the iCloud app everything seemed to be fine until I had to recover some files from it and decided to activate the icloud DRIVE. To do it i need to click on a button which says activation and choose a file directory to decide where to put the cloud. Once i did...
  5. iCloud drive not activating

iCloud drive not activating: When I installed the iCloud app everything seemed to be fine until I had to recover some files from it and decided to activate the icloud DRIVE. To do it i need to click on a button which says activation and choose a file directory to decide where to put the cloud. Once i did...
  6. iCloud drive not activating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. icloud drive cannot start. Why? I don't know what a 'container' is or where is the one to...

icloud drive cannot start. Why? I don't know what a 'container' is or where is the one to...: I continue to be notified of the following:ICloud Drive cannot start. Failed to create container s to start ICloud Drive.I tried following directions my 'copilot' gave me but I couldn't solve this. I don't know what a 'container ' is nor any other of the variety of...
  8. icloud drive cannot start. Why? I don't know what a 'container' is or where is the one to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icloud drive cannot start. Why? I don't know what a 'container' is or where is the one to...: I continue to be notified of the following:ICloud Drive cannot start. Failed to create container s to start ICloud Drive.I tried following directions my 'copilot' gave me but I couldn't solve this. I don't know what a 'container ' is nor any other of the variety of...
  9. Unable to open Google Drive, Settings menu, iCloud Drive, or webpages and can’t search…....

Unable to open Google Drive, Settings menu, iCloud Drive, or webpages and can’t search…....: I can’t get windows settings menu to fully open… or load I should say, can’t search, can’t open google drive, then iCloud Drive began not opening, then webpages began to not load… This all started with not being able to open google drive due to “user not having read and write...
  10. Unable to open Google Drive, Settings menu, iCloud Drive, or webpages and can’t search…....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open Google Drive, Settings menu, iCloud Drive, or webpages and can’t search…....: I can’t get windows settings menu to fully open… or load I should say, can’t search, can’t open google drive, then iCloud Drive began not opening, then webpages began to not load… This all started with not being able to open google drive due to “user not having read and write...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icloud drive sync windows 10 1903