Windows 10: iCloud Drive - Renaming a Folder - Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed ...

Discus and support iCloud Drive - Renaming a Folder - Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed ... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This can occur because of a buglet in iCloud Drive. The bug consists of 2 parts:When you move/rename a folder within the iCloud Drive hierarchy, iCloud... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jhg6308, Jan 24, 2022.

1. jhg6308 Win User

iCloud Drive - Renaming a Folder - Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed ...

This can occur because of a buglet in iCloud Drive. The bug consists of 2 parts:When you move/rename a folder within the iCloud Drive hierarchy, iCloud thinks you are removing it and pops up a dialog warning you that the folder and its contained files will be deleted from iCloud and all devices. This would be true if you were truly removing the folder from the iCloud hierarchy, but is not true if you're renaming the folder or moving it within the iCloud hierarchy.The warning dialog pops up UNDER the Windows Explorer window in which you initiated the operation, and that Windows Explorer windo

:)

jhg6308, Jan 24, 2022
  2. Nina_2020 Win User

Trying to open/download videos from iCloud into PC - Error code 0x800701AA

I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop and synchronised my iCloud last week, however, although I can see the miniatures of my videos, when I try to open them up, it takes forever only "thinking", then finally appears the "error code 0x800701AA: the cloud operation
    was not completed before the time-out period expired."

I spoke to Apple support and it works fine on a Mac, but I just cannot see the videos on Windows, even though I already have the iCloud app installed and launched from Microsoft store.

HELP!!!!

Nina_2020, Jan 24, 2022
  3. phrab Win User
    Can't Rename a Folder

Thanks, Mike. I unlocked it. I was then able to rename it using Bulk Rename. *Thumbs I have no idea how it got that name.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your response, Denis. The contents are folders with dates (e.g. 2017, 2018, etc.) that contain pictures from those years. They were downloaded some time ago from iCloud. However, Mike's solution worked.

phrab, Jan 24, 2022
  4. iCloud Drive - Renaming a Folder - Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed ...

Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! iCloud Drive - Renaming a Folder - Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed ... :)

justinmreina, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

iCloud Drive - Renaming a Folder - Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed ...

1. iCloud Drive - Renaming a Folder - Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed ... - Similar Threads - iCloud Drive Renaming

2. Error 0x800701AA: The cloud operation was not completed before the time-out period expired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x800701AA: The cloud operation was not completed before the time-out period expired: I have uploaded some files to iCloud but they're not syncing. I drag them to the iCloud Drive folder 4 photos and they simply don't upload. I have an internet connection, otherwise I wouldn't be able to post this question. If I log into iCloud on my browser and upload each...
  3. Error 0x800701AA: The cloud operation was not completed before the time-out period expired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800701AA: The cloud operation was not completed before the time-out period expired: I have uploaded some files to iCloud but they're not syncing. I drag them to the iCloud Drive folder 4 photos and they simply don't upload. I have an internet connection, otherwise I wouldn't be able to post this question. If I log into iCloud on my browser and upload each...
  4. Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed: I have exactly almost the same error as this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/error-0x800701aa-the-cloud-operation-was-not/3fcfa88f-db1b-4b8f-adcc-61d8f54d793a and Google is not helping. This is my last resort.I want to move files off Onedrive, but I...
  5. Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed: I have exactly almost the same error as this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/error-0x800701aa-the-cloud-operation-was-not/3fcfa88f-db1b-4b8f-adcc-61d8f54d793a and Google is not helping. This is my last resort.I want to move files off Onedrive, but I...
  6. iCloud Drive - Renaming a Folder - Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed ...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud Drive - Renaming a Folder - Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed ...: This can occur because of a buglet in iCloud Drive. The bug consists of 2 parts:When you move/rename a folder within the iCloud Drive hierarchy, iCloud thinks you are removing it and pops up a dialog warning you that the folder and its contained files will be deleted from...
  7. iCloud Drive - Renaming a Folder - Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iCloud Drive - Renaming a Folder - Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed ...: This can occur because of a buglet in iCloud Drive. The bug consists of 2 parts:When you move/rename a folder within the iCloud Drive hierarchy, iCloud thinks you are removing it and pops up a dialog warning you that the folder and its contained files will be deleted from...
  8. Error : 0x800701AA

Error : 0x800701AA: What is this & how do I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x800701aa/dbca2cbe-b158-4c27-a598-00b77321944e
  9. Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed

Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed: Hello, I am struggling with a big problem which doesn't allow me to delete files I downloaded since the computer turn on after reboot you can delete them normally. Each time I am receiving error "Error 0x800701AA: The Cloud operation was not completed". I am not using...
  10. Error 0x800701AA

Error 0x800701AA: I am importing a video to Adobe Premiere Pro when this happened. [ATTACH] I have pressed Try Again multiple times and it always just comes up again. I have also tried cancelling and reimporting the file....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 0x8000701aa icloud