Windows 10: iCloud email not connecting to MS Mail app?

Discus and support iCloud email not connecting to MS Mail app? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've done some research and i'm making sure i get an app-generated password from my iCloud account but it's still not working for me. I'm getting an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ScubaSteve1219, Mar 7, 2021.

1. iCloud email not connecting to MS Mail app?

I've done some research and i'm making sure i get an app-generated password from my iCloud account but it's still not working for me. I'm getting an "attention needed" message and when i hit "fix" it tells me to enter the password, so I'm assuming it's not accepting it? Has anybody else had an issue with the Mail app not taking the app-generated password?

submitted by /u/ScubaSteve1219
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ScubaSteve1219, Mar 7, 2021

2. iCloud is there in Mail, but not visible--now what?

Adam,

Have you checked launched he Windows Store (beta) to check for an update to the olMail App?
    Please do that before seeing if the next suggestion helps.

The information on Apple support tells me that the port#s are specific to iCloud servers. The olMail App does verifiy that you have entered the correct credentials to access the server. Maybe there's an issue with the way Windows defined the Server.

That was the other members question - how to set specific server information in the client. Neither of us found where to to that.

Mystere suggested tacking the port # onto the server as shown below. I'm looking around to try and fine where to see this information (registry? Appdata...packages?)
    imap.mail.me.com:993
    smtp.mail.me.com:587
    I haven't test that, though it sounds logical *Wink

It could just be a mismatch in the way you set it up (partial name instead of the full eMail address) or it could be a bug in the way olMail sets up iCloud when you click on that automatic setup link (previous iterations of MS mail clients had a similar bug - the work around was to manually set up the client)

I'll post what I've written so far and come back after some more testing.

Slartybart, Mar 7, 2021
  3. osulaw Win User
    Can Receive But Not Send iCloud email using MS Mail

Although my icloud email works fine from the icloud app, on Microsoft Mail I can send but not receive email. I have two factor authentication turned on, and have updated MS Mail with a new iCloud generated password, however the problem persists. Would
    appreciate any help anyone can provide.

osulaw, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Tarek Win User

iCloud email not connecting to MS Mail app?

Can't sync iCloud mail

I'm trying to set the Mail app to sync my iCloud email but it won't. I am using an app-specific password. My iCloud account's calendar and contacts have been successfully connected and synced but only the mail part won't. Whenever I turn on the switch and click save and open back the settings, I find that it's turned off.

What gives?

iCloud email not connecting to MS Mail app? Y8IKh.png

Tarek, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

iCloud email not connecting to MS Mail app?

1. iCloud email not connecting to MS Mail app? - Similar Threads - iCloud email connecting

2. Windows mail app will not send emails from icloud account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail app will not send emails from icloud account.: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11 which I did not want to do, emails from my icloud account using Windows mail app will not send sporadically. Super frustrating as I never know if an email was sent or not. It's not hung up in the outbox, it's simply not there. It will happen...
  3. Windows mail app will not send emails from icloud account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mail app will not send emails from icloud account.: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11 which I did not want to do, emails from my icloud account using Windows mail app will not send sporadically. Super frustrating as I never know if an email was sent or not. It's not hung up in the outbox, it's simply not there. It will happen...
  4. Unable to remove iCloud email from Windows 10 Mail app

Unable to remove iCloud email from Windows 10 Mail app: Hi, I am trying to remove an unresponsive iCloud account from my Windows 10 Mail/Calendar app. This account was set up in Windows 10 Version 2004, but has since stopped working upon reverting to Windows 10 Version 1909. When I try to remove the unresponsive iCloud account,...
  5. Can't remove failed icloud email in mail windows 10 app

Can't remove failed icloud email in mail windows 10 app: Can't remove failed icloud email in mail windows 10 application. No checkbox or instruction if i click on broken/failed icloud email. Really frustating....
  6. sync win10 Mail app with icloud email issues

sync win10 Mail app with icloud email issues: Dear Sir/Madam, I have two critical issues with the Mail app on my new surface laptop 3, and it has been weeks i'm suffering. I recently switch my working laptop from macbook to the latest surface laptop 3. the problem is i can never receive my emails on time, nor...
  7. icloud not sending emails through mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    icloud not sending emails through mail app: My mail app was automatically updated on the 10th January and since then my computer won't send emails from my iCloud email. I can receive not send. I get an error message saying email has been stored in the drafts folder. I have not changed my SMTP settings they still read...
  8. Windows 10 Mail App for Apple iCloud Email

Windows 10 Mail App for Apple iCloud Email: Can't connect my apple icloud email to Windows 10 Mail Application; no issue with correct PW and certificates. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-for-apple-icloud-email/5d1bc240-2be6-4c8a-a6b9-fb3b1891323c
  9. Can Receive But Not Send iCloud email using MS Mail

Can Receive But Not Send iCloud email using MS Mail: Although my icloud email works fine from the icloud app, on Microsoft Mail I can send but not receive email. I have two factor authentication turned on, and have updated MS Mail with a new iCloud generated password, however the problem persists. Would appreciate any help...
  10. iCloud mail in Windows 10 email client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud mail in Windows 10 email client: Since the latest update to Windows 10 in April 2018 I have been unable to get my iCloud email in the default Windows 10 email client. I am using two-factor authentication and therefore an apple generated app password but without any success. I have tried and failed to set...