Windows 10: Icloud for windows 7.5.0 breaks service TCP/IP Netbios Helper

Discus and support Icloud for windows 7.5.0 breaks service TCP/IP Netbios Helper in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Once I upgraded from Icloud for Windows version 7.4 to version 7.5.0.34 I found that TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper was continuously using 15% CPU which it had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by webdove, Jun 10, 2018.

1. webdove Win User

Icloud for windows 7.5.0 breaks service TCP/IP Netbios Helper

Once I upgraded from Icloud for Windows version 7.4 to version 7.5.0.34 I found that TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper was continuously using 15% CPU which it had not previously done, and file explorer was non responsive when I clicked on the menu bar where I had it. I was able to get a file explorer window open by clicking on the folder choice in dropbox. When I tried to reach any network share explorer would just hang. I was forced to restore from backup to get things working again.
    I tried removing icloud for windows first, restarting and then installing icloud for windows and the same behavior occurred. Apparently there is some incompatibility on my machine between the new version of icloud for windows and Netbios Helper.
    Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

:)

webdove, Jun 10, 2018
  2. Genezz Win User

Queries regarding NETBIOS over TCP-IP in Windows 10

Original Title: NETBIOS over TCP-IP

Should NETBIOS over TCP-IP be enabled or disabled in Win-10? My PC is not shared, just accesses the internet directly via ISP. All discussion pertains top earlier versions of Windows.

Genezz, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Queries regarding NETBIOS over TCP-IP in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

NetBIOS over TCP/IP provides the NetBIOS programming interface over the TCP/IP protocol, extending the reach of NetBIOS client and server programs to the IP internetworks and providing interoperability with various other operating systems.

As I can see in your post, you have not connected to any networks. So NetBIOS over TCP-IP does not make any differences in your system.

You can read more about NetBIOS over TCP/IP in the following article.

Click on,
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc940063.aspx?ppud=4

Hope it helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Icloud for windows 7.5.0 breaks service TCP/IP Netbios Helper

1. Icloud for windows 7.5.0 breaks service TCP/IP Netbios Helper - Similar Threads - Icloud breaks service

2. IP helper not starting

in Windows 10 Customization
    IP helper not starting: I can't get IP helper to start and I haven't managed to find out what causes this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-helper-not-starting/78a0dc17-c539-4bca-a52b-862e41afa1e8
  3. NetBIOS over Tcp/IP - Do I want this enabled?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NetBIOS over Tcp/IP - Do I want this enabled?: On previous versions of Windows, I've always disabled NetBIOS over Tcp/IP. Are we still doing that? I'm on a stand alone computer, with all Sharing disabled. No network, no printers. As far as I know I have no programs that require it. What is the current thinking on this?...
  4. How to enable or disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows 10: [ATTACH]NetBIOS or Network Basic Input/Output System is an API used in Windows when DNS […] This article How to enable or disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How to enable or disable IP Helper Service in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable IP Helper Service in Windows 10: [ATTACH]IP Helper Service (iphlpsvc) is a pre-installed program on Windows 10 devices. Disabling this […] This article How to enable or disable IP Helper Service in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Problem with Windows 10 2004 dont have ip helper and xbox services

Problem with Windows 10 2004 dont have ip helper and xbox services: [ATTACH] Hi i have problem with My Windows 10 2004 i dont have services ip helper and all xbox service likexbox live when i wanna play Forza Horizon 4 online i have error 0x00000...
  7. Problem with Windows 10 2004 dont have ip helper and xbox services

Problem with Windows 10 2004 dont have ip helper and xbox services: Hi i have problem with My Windows 10 2004 i dont have services ip helper and all xbox service likexbox live when i wanna play Forza Horizon 4 online i have error 0x00000 [ATTACH]...
  8. IP helper service keeps resetting to manual after each reboot

IP helper service keeps resetting to manual after each reboot: Taking in base this old thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-helper-wont-start-automatically-despite-being/f79f79d2-f8ce-4a0d-b327-50d69e2ecccb I'm having the same problem, suddenly from one day to another the IP helper's stopped working and...
  9. ip helper and WMI service. Huge memory leaks. IP Helper not fixed?

in Windows 10 Support
    ip helper and WMI service. Huge memory leaks. IP Helper not fixed?: w10 1909 Does anyone know why IP Helper service causes such a huge memory leak? on google, this seems to be an ongoing problem since windows 7. it eats 2gb of ram, and somehow causes WMI to eat another 2gb of ram.I stopped the IP Helper service to recover the ram, and it...
  10. Service IP Helper deactivates after every restart

Service IP Helper deactivates after every restart: Hey, It's my first question in this forum, so if something (eg. the topic) isn't right please just tell me :) Windows 10 Education build 1809 (the same issue occured with Windows 10 Home, I just recently upgraded it to education) To get straight to it: I want to activate...