Windows 10: iCloud for Windows keeps complaining about Wnows Media Feature

Discus and support iCloud for Windows keeps complaining about Wnows Media Feature in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home version 22H2.All on a sudden, I keep getting this:That download link doesn't work. I read the community answers. The optional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SankarMukhopadhyay, Feb 23, 2024.

1. iCloud for Windows keeps complaining about Wnows Media Feature

I have Windows 10 Home version 22H2.All on a sudden, I keep getting this:That download link doesn't work. I read the community answers. The optional features is now on System but I still can't add the feature.I tried directly from Microsoft site to do a standalone, but it says my pc doesn't support it.What needs to be done? Everything is working but that popup is annoying. Why all on a sudden?Thanks and Regards.

:)

SankarMukhopadhyay, Feb 23, 2024

2. iCloud/Media Feature Pack/Windows 10

I have tried to install the latest iCloud update on my HP Envy Laptop running Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Evaluation Copy. Build 17025.rs_prerelease 171020-1625, but iCloud update will not install on my Computer. I have tried uninstalling iCloud
    and re-installing. I am getting the Error: "Your computer is missing Media features. Please download Media Feature Pack for Windows from Microsoft website and install and try again" I checked the Control Panel and the Windows Media is toggled on. I tried installing
    the Windows Media Feature Pack for Windows from Microsoft website, but it will not install. I received the following Tech Help from Apple Support, which did not work. Get help using iCloud for Windows. If you need help downloading, installing, setting up,
    or updating iCloud for Windows, try the steps below. Try these steps first 1.Install any updates on your computer, and check for updates to iCloud for Windows. 2.Make sure that you meet the system requirements for iCloud for Windows... and other

In regards to the suggestion:

Right click you start button and select Control Panel then from here select Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on and off (located on the left hand side), you should be able to see a category simply called
    Media Features with a + icon, from there you can click on the
    + to expand the tree and you will need to tick Windows Media Player and get that installed, hopefully after that iCloud should install.

Please let us know how you get on.

On my HP Envy Laptop running Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Evaluation Copy. Build 17025.rs_prerelease 171020-1625, the
    Media Features Does Not Have a + icon, so this is not a solution for me. Any Suggestions? Do I need to install
    Windows Media Player - If so I need a web link.

JefferyMoss, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Media Features Pack needed to manage icloud storage.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Your efforts to work on this issue is appreciated.

• Are you running the Windows 10 N edition on the PC?

Follow these steps to ensure that the Media Features option is enabled:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program to open Programs and Features window.
    3. On the left-pane, click Turn Windows features on or off. This action will open Windows Features.
    4. Check the box for Media Features and click OK.
    5. Once done, remember to restart the computer.
    Article for Reference.

Get help using iCloud for Windows

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 23, 2024
  4. iCloud for Windows keeps complaining about Wnows Media Feature

iCloud/Media Feature Pack/Windows 10

I suspected it would be an N version of Windows, Windows 'N' versions are versions of Windows that include everything
    expect media features, you said you have installed the media feature pack correct?

Did you install it from here?:

Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N and Windows 10 KN editions (November 2015) - Microsoft Support

Try to install the feature pack again and restart your computer.

After the restart, check the Windows Features list and see if you are able to install Windows Media Player, or if it is already installed.

If so, try installing iCloud again.

If you are still having issues it may be worth attempting a System File Check:

• Right click start button and select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • within the command prompt windows type the command sfc /scannow and wait for the operation to complete
    • If violations are detected and repaired, restart your computer.

--CXloud

65196921-a9c7-4fb4-a478-6470c618e77d, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

iCloud for Windows keeps complaining about Wnows Media Feature

1. iCloud for Windows keeps complaining about Wnows Media Feature - Similar Threads - iCloud keeps complaining

2. iCloud for Windows keeps complaining about Wnows Media Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iCloud for Windows keeps complaining about Wnows Media Feature: I have Windows 10 Home version 22H2.All on a sudden, I keep getting this:That download link doesn't work. I read the community answers. The optional features is now on System but I still can't add the feature.I tried directly from Microsoft site to do a standalone, but it...
  3. iCloud for Windows keeps complaining about Wnows Media Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud for Windows keeps complaining about Wnows Media Feature: I have Windows 10 Home version 22H2.All on a sudden, I keep getting this:That download link doesn't work. I read the community answers. The optional features is now on System but I still can't add the feature.I tried directly from Microsoft site to do a standalone, but it...
  4. No way to complain about fraudulent app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No way to complain about fraudulent app: I downloaded from the Microsoft app store a free app called "Voice changer". The free version offered limited capability and I chose to pay £4.19 to upgrade. The upgraded version contained literally no new functionality except for a button which said I was now...
  5. No way to complain about fraudulent app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No way to complain about fraudulent app: I downloaded from the Microsoft app store a free app called "Voice changer". The free version offered limited capability and I chose to pay £4.19 to upgrade. The upgraded version contained literally no new functionality except for a button which said I was now...
  6. Customers complaining about website.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Customers complaining about website.: My customers have been complaining that my websites is not working for them. They are telling me it was working before but after the windows update there pc started getting slow making it difficult for them to browse my website. We keep checking if there could be something...
  7. Optional Feature "Media Features" Appears to be blank and ICloud cannot access it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional Feature "Media Features" Appears to be blank and ICloud cannot access it.: I am attempting to install altstore and it requires the installation of icloud (the installer not the windows store version). When I run the icloud installer it says that my computer is missing the windows media feature pack. I attempted to disable and re-enable it from the...
  8. A complain about MSE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A complain about MSE: Hi I am Mitun i have query about MSE THAT IS IT CANNOT RESTORE THE QUARANTINED ITEM It says like this The following error occurred: Error code 0x80508023. The program could not find the malware and other potentially unwanted software on this computer....
  9. Media Features Pack needed to manage icloud storage.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Features Pack needed to manage icloud storage.: When I begin to install the Media Featrues Pack for my Windows 10 HP PC, V1803, Build 17134.407 and 64 - bit, I get the message Windows Update Standalone not applicable. What do I do to continue? I followed all the instructions/prompts....
  10. Your computer is missing Media features – iCloud for Windows error

in Windows 10 News
    Your computer is missing Media features – iCloud for Windows error: [ATTACH] If you have Windows Media features disabled on your computer, then you might experience trouble while installing iCloud for Windows. In addition, you might see a message from the iCloud install package saying, “Your computer is missing Media features, Please [...]...