Windows 10: iCloud for Windows not syncing photos and photo stream process with continuously excessive CPU

Discus and support iCloud for Windows not syncing photos and photo stream process with continuously excessive CPU in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use iCloud for Windows to acquire photos shared by iPhone family members in iCloud Shared Albums - each named album which a family member has chosen... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rob Harpoon, Oct 12, 2018.

1. iCloud for Windows not syncing photos and photo stream process with continuously excessive CPU

I use iCloud for Windows to acquire photos shared by iPhone family members in iCloud Shared Albums - each named album which a family member has chosen to share with me, becomes a named folder on the laptop and when working well, any photos shared by the family in those albums on any of their iPhones are captured from iCloud onto the PC - I then use Google Backup & Sync to subsequently push them back into the cloud into Google Photos to achieve a single consolidated family photo set - it all happens automatically when its working.

Unfortunately, Windows and/or Apple updates routinely breaks it - the symptoms are that photos don't appear in the Windows 10 folders and the ApplePhotoStream.exe process runs with 50% CPU continuously. Eventually a Windows and/or Apple update subsequently drops in and everything comes back to life. The October Windows update and/or Apple's v7.7 update broke my system a few days ago so I've decided to look for a fix this time and believe I've found it. If you've had similar issues you may want to try this fix.

I observed that when the ApplePhotoStream process is running (with excessive CPU) the Antimalware process is clocking a few percent CPU. If I kill ApplePhotoStream the Antimalware process goes quiet. It seems that Microsoft and Apple haven't got their act together. My fix is to include a number of exclusions for bona fide Apple software in Windows Security Centre:

Go into Windows Settings and select … Windows Security / Virus & Threat Protection / Virus & Threat Protection Settings / Exclusions and add the following exclusions - hey presto, it immediately kicks into life and folders/photos start populating on the PC - I'm pretty sure that this is the fix for intermittent iCloud for Windows failures that I've been experiencing over the last couple of years.

:)

Rob Harpoon, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Compguygo Win User

icloud sync photo stream

just the icloud for pc it has photo from photo stream and they are in the cloud with windows 8.1 I could see them and after up grade gone in all apps icloud/icloud photo

Compguygo, Oct 13, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    icloud photo library

Hello Don,

There may be several reasons why your iCloud photos are not showing up on your wife's user account. To assist you better with your concern regarding syncing iCloud, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Is your iCloud up to date?
    • Have you tried syncing iCloud while logged in to your wife's account?

You may refer to this article for steps on how to setup iCloud on Windows. Kindly make sure that you are logged in to your wife's account when performing the steps:
    How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, Oct 13, 2018
  4. iCloud for Windows not syncing photos and photo stream process with continuously excessive CPU

Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! iCloud for Windows not syncing photos and photo stream process with continuously excessive CPU :)

justinmreina, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

iCloud for Windows not syncing photos and photo stream process with continuously excessive CPU

1. iCloud for Windows not syncing photos and photo stream process with continuously excessive CPU - Similar Threads - iCloud syncing photos

2. iCloud Photos syncing iPad > Windows 10, but Not syncing Windows > iPad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iCloud Photos syncing iPad > Windows 10, but Not syncing Windows > iPad: I have searched threads titles about sync bit found no answers about one way sync.If I create iPad Shared Albums these albums and images sync to windows 10 all inside the iCloud Photos / Sharing folder. Sync also works if I edit an image on iPadNo folder or folder content in...
  3. iCloud Photos syncing iPad > Windows 10, but Not syncing Windows > iPad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud Photos syncing iPad > Windows 10, but Not syncing Windows > iPad: I have searched threads titles about sync bit found no answers about one way sync.If I create iPad Shared Albums these albums and images sync to windows 10 all inside the iCloud Photos / Sharing folder. Sync also works if I edit an image on iPadNo folder or folder content in...
  4. Syncing iPhone photos from iCloud to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing iPhone photos from iCloud to PC: Photos on my iPhone sync to my iCloud account, my iPad and to my PC Windows 10. Since I reinstalled Windows, I can no longer access the newest photos. No problems accessing those photos that were taken before the re-install. My iPad syncs all photos, plenty of room in my...
  5. Syncing iPhone photos from iCloud to PC

Syncing iPhone photos from iCloud to PC: Photos on my iPhone sync to my iCloud account, my iPad and to my PC Windows 10. Since I reinstalled Windows, I can no longer access the newest photos. No problems accessing those photos that were taken before the re-install. My iPad syncs all photos, plenty of room in my...
  6. Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows

Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows: Hi,I’d like to be able to access the same photo albums that I created on my iPhone in iCloud for windows. Now I can see all photos but I can’t access the albums.How can I do this? I don’t want to log in online all the time and download everything.Cheers,Elio...
  7. Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows: Hi,I’d like to be able to access the same photo albums that I created on my iPhone in iCloud for windows. Now I can see all photos but I can’t access the albums.How can I do this? I don’t want to log in online all the time and download everything.Cheers,Elio...
  8. iCloud photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud photos: Hello everyone, I am having some difficulties deleting a bunch of iCloud photos files from my file explorer. Thing is, whenever I try to delete the computer says the item is unavailable. I have 7 of these ICloud folders just cramming up my view on file explorer and its very...
  9. iCloud for Windows does not sync photos

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    iCloud for Windows does not sync photos: Per title, iCloud for Windows does not sync photos to my PC. The system tray icon information regarding photos is stuck to "Updating" but no files have been downloaded. [ATTACH] Explanation: the greek word Ενημέρωση... means Updating in this context Yes, I already have...
  10. iCloud photos sync to onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud photos sync to onedrive: I operate in the Apple world and my wife uses Windows. We have Office 365 on my wife's windows laptop which has a 128G ssd - w/1T of onedrive cloud storage. I have a very large icloud photo library which is syncing to the onedrive camera roll which is not a problem - the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows icloud photo library cpu usage

2. icloud photostream task 100% cpu

3. indows 10 icloud photostream using high cpu