Windows 10: iCloud for Windows shows two signed in devices

Discus and support iCloud for Windows shows two signed in devices in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On icloud for windows in signed in devices I see 2 instances of my computer(both same id code). One is the right one running windows 10 but the other... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by idioticsucker, May 1, 2019.

1. iCloud for Windows shows two signed in devices

On icloud for windows in signed in devices I see 2 instances of my computer(both same id code). One is the right one running windows 10 but the other is running windows 6.2 or something really old like that. This is a fairly new computer so its never had a windows version that old. I am not very tech savvy so my first thought is “hacker!” I am worried and need information. Also when I sign into icloud it often asks me to sign in twice. What is going on?!

***Modified title from: 2 instances of computer showing up on iCloud for windows, one running windows 6.2 ***

:)

idioticsucker, May 1, 2019
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Windows and Icloud Mail etc: Failing to initialise

Hi
    TomParkinson2

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

1. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Do you receive any error message when the spinner stops?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Uninstall iCloud application.

I would suggest you to Sign out from the iCloud account from the app, then uninstall the application.

1. Press Windows
      and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Select the iCloud application and click on Uninstall.

Method 2: Reinstall iCloud application.

Step 1:

I would suggest you toDownload
    the latest version of iCloud

from the apple website. Follow the Onscreen instructions and install the application. For more information, check the article on
    Set up and use iCloud for Windows.

Step 2:

Once the installation is completed, tap on the Windows key on your keyboard, search for ICloud app. Right click on the app and click on
    Pin to taskbar.

If you are using Surface PC, I would suggest you to follow steps mentioned in the Microsoft article about
    Using Surface with iPhone, iCloud,
    and iTunes.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, May 1, 2019
  3. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! iCloud for Windows shows two signed in devices :)

justinmreina, May 1, 2019
  4. iCloud for Windows shows two signed in devices

Are iCloud Contacts Supposed to Sync Automatically With Windows 10 Phone People App?

• Used OL on Windows 10 PC to create iCloud contact.
    • Contact shows in People and List view when (in OL). If I select the iCloud folder, and I select‘People’ from the bottom bar at lower left, the added contact shows in both List View and People view.

Note: The added contact in question does NOT show on either an iPad or the Windows 10 phone People app.
    • Not sure what you mean by “sign out and sign in”. From where? PC? Phone? And how?
    If I bring up the iCloud app on PC, the Calendar and Contacts option is checked. Calendar is behaving just fine, BTW - it's only Contacts where I'm having this problem.

Have done many, many soft resets – no joy.

So it seems that I'm not causing a sync to occur between the Windows 10 PC and iCloud. What steps can I take to get that accomplished?

Thanks.

jenkins-ear, May 1, 2019
Thema:

iCloud for Windows shows two signed in devices

1. iCloud for Windows shows two signed in devices - Similar Threads - iCloud shows signed

2. Cannot sign into iCloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign into iCloud: I am trying to sign into iCloud and sync my files with my Windows 11 PC, but I am unable to login to iCloud no matter what I do, it simply says "To sign in with this account, you need to enter the code from a device that's close by. Make sure bluetooth is turned on or your...
  3. Cannot sign into iCloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sign into iCloud: I am trying to sign into iCloud and sync my files with my Windows 11 PC, but I am unable to login to iCloud no matter what I do, it simply says "To sign in with this account, you need to enter the code from a device that's close by. Make sure bluetooth is turned on or your...
  4. Signing into iCloud Account on People or Calendar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signing into iCloud Account on People or Calendar.: G'day,I have been trying for a while to sign into iCloud in the People and Calendar apps. At first I used my real password, then the app-specific passwords. Apple says that having the iCloud app installed on your computer means that you can use your real password, but MS says...
  5. Microsoft Edge - iCloud Two-factor Authentication

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - iCloud Two-factor Authentication: I use Microsoft Windows Home edition Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630). I installed iCloud for Windows (works fine) and have two-factor authentication turned on for my Apple account.Every time I log in to iCloud, I need to request a verification code via SMS. (which works...
  6. Microsoft Edge - iCloud Two-factor Authentication

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge - iCloud Two-factor Authentication: I use Microsoft Windows Home edition Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630). I installed iCloud for Windows (works fine) and have two-factor authentication turned on for my Apple account.Every time I log in to iCloud, I need to request a verification code via SMS. (which works...
  7. Bluetooth earphones showing as two devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth earphones showing as two devices.: If I connect my Bluetooth earphones to my laptop, it shows up as two devices. But the audio gets separated. e.g. I used the Stereo to play music or YouTube on one tab, works fine, then if join in on a discord call or a zoom conference, my Spotify or YouTube audio just...
  8. Device Manager window showing yellow sign for these

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device Manager window showing yellow sign for these: on w10-64 bit, my Device Manger window showing yellow sign for these Display Adapters - Microsoft Basic Display Adapter installed driver - date 6/21/2006 v 10.0.19041.1 signer MS Windows IDE ATA/ ATAPI Controllers - Intel R 300 Series Chipset Famil SATA AHCI Controller...
  9. Why device manager showing two audio devices?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why device manager showing two audio devices?: Why device manager showing two audio devices? Nothing connected to laptop. Laptop is not docked. [ATTACH] ThinkPad T490 Microsoft Windows 10 Pro X64...
  10. Sign in problems to icloud/itunes on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign in problems to icloud/itunes on windows 10.: I cannot sign in to iCloud/iTunes on my admin rights user ID account on Windows 10. When I try I get this error: "verification failed. This action could not be completed. Try again." I cannot authorize my computer in itunes either. I have bitdefender software which I...