Windows 10: Icloud for Windows will not update

Discus and support Icloud for Windows will not update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have icloud for Windows 10 installed. It does not update and says that I need to update manually. I do not understand how to do this so it does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by here-i-am, Sep 15, 2020.

1. here-i-am Win User

Icloud for Windows will not update

I have icloud for Windows 10 installed. It does not update and says that I need to update manually. I do not understand how to do this so it does not update. I have spent many hours with Apple working on icloud issues for email. Finally, they say to take this up with Microsoft since this is on Windows 10. I can run Windows updates, but even with Windows updates and browser updates Chrome, this does not solve the problem. I try to use Tools and do a manual update, but this does not work. Maybe I do not understand how to do this. Can you help me, please?

:)

here-i-am, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Windows and Icloud Mail etc: Failing to initialise

Hi
    TomParkinson2

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

1. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Do you receive any error message when the spinner stops?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Uninstall iCloud application.

I would suggest you to Sign out from the iCloud account from the app, then uninstall the application.

1. Press Windows
      and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Select the iCloud application and click on Uninstall.

Method 2: Reinstall iCloud application.

Step 1:

I would suggest you toDownload
    the latest version of iCloud

from the apple website. Follow the Onscreen instructions and install the application. For more information, check the article on
    Set up and use iCloud for Windows.

Step 2:

Once the installation is completed, tap on the Windows key on your keyboard, search for ICloud app. Right click on the app and click on
    Pin to taskbar.

If you are using Surface PC, I would suggest you to follow steps mentioned in the Microsoft article about
    Using Surface with iPhone, iCloud,
    and iTunes.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Sep 15, 2020
  3. I can't open iTunes or iCloud in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall iTunes and iCloud and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall iTunes and iCloud:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Look for iTunes and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.

• Follow the same steps to uninstall iCloud.

• Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 15, 2020
  4. mar97 Win User

Turn off icloud storage notifications on Windows.

For some reason the iCloud app is not listed in my list in notifications and actions so I cannot turn it off as suggested. Is this because of a recent update by Apple?

mar97, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Icloud for Windows will not update - Similar Threads - Icloud update

2. Icloud shared photo albums not automatically updating in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icloud shared photo albums not automatically updating in Windows: Can someone please assist me? I have my iCloud synced to my Windows PC, but when I open the D Drive > Icloud Photos > Shared > "Album", it doesn't show all of my recently synced photos in that shared album. How do I get this folder to update on my PC, so I can see all of the...
  3. Icloud shared photo albums not automatically updating in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud shared photo albums not automatically updating in Windows: Can someone please assist me? I have my iCloud synced to my Windows PC, but when I open the D Drive > Icloud Photos > Shared > "Album", it doesn't show all of my recently synced photos in that shared album. How do I get this folder to update on my PC, so I can see all of the...
  4. Icloud Cannot Log In after Update Windows 11 Version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud Cannot Log In after Update Windows 11 Version 22H2: Try to log in but failed to do so.... tried all the ways from internet, anyone facing the same issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-cannot-log-in-after-update-windows-11/369c639c-52e5-4203-9c5d-3aab008b9303
  5. Icloud Cannot Log In after Update Windows 11 Version 22H2

Icloud Cannot Log In after Update Windows 11 Version 22H2: Try to log in but failed to do so.... tried all the ways from internet, anyone facing the same issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-cannot-log-in-after-update-windows-11/369c639c-52e5-4203-9c5d-3aab008b9303
  6. ICloud 14.1 update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ICloud 14.1 update: Is iCloud14.1 for Windows10 available in the Microsoft Store for download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-141-update/313b91d1-319b-48f1-a796-63ffff738a79
  7. ICloud 14.1 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ICloud 14.1 update: Is iCloud14.1 for Windows10 available in the Microsoft Store for download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-141-update/313b91d1-319b-48f1-a796-63ffff738a79
  8. ICloud 14.1 update

9. my Mail app won't pick up my icloud mail nor my gmail. I've tried to update my password....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Mail app won't pick up my icloud mail nor my gmail. I've tried to update my password....: my Mail app won't pick up my icloud mail nor my gmail. I've tried to update my password. I just keep getting the response that my settings are not up to date and these accounts need attention....
  10. my Mail app won't pick up my icloud mail nor my gmail. I've tried to update my password....

my Mail app won't pick up my icloud mail nor my gmail. I've tried to update my password....: my Mail app won't pick up my icloud mail nor my gmail. I've tried to update my password. I just keep getting the response that my settings are not up to date and these accounts need attention....