Windows 10: iCloud for Windows won't install. "OS not configured to run this application" error

Discus and support iCloud for Windows won't install. "OS not configured to run this application" error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have recently instlled Win 10 Pro which resulted in iCloud no longer working. I installed the latest verion from the Apple website and it wouldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dick Albin, Feb 25, 2020.

1. iCloud for Windows won't install. "OS not configured to run this application" error

I have recently instlled Win 10 Pro which resulted in iCloud no longer working.

I installed the latest verion from the Apple website and it wouldn't install.

I then downloaded iCloud for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store. It install but when you open iCloud settings the "OS not configured to run this application" appears. If you OK that message, after a few seconds the iCloud drive and Photos ck

heck boxes are ticked. If I then check the Mail, Contacts, Caledars and Tasks box and click Apply I get 2 OS not configured error boxes the a third saying Apple Outlook DAV Config has stopped working with a Close Program option.

I have tried every solution I can find including:-

Uninstalling and reinstalling iCoud a number of times.

Deleting and recreating iCloud mail account

Using regedit to remove all traces of Apple Outlook app and repairing it.

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

:)

Dick Albin, Feb 25, 2020

2. Icloud install

Hi

Thanks for replying

• Where did you download the iCloud?
    https://support.apple.com/en-

• 2. Were there any error messages?

No error messages on download but the below when trying to install

iCloud for Windows won't install. "OS not configured to run this application" error de5e8cf3-2940-4999-a48b-e167d7a47c54.jpg

The is a problem with the Windows Installer package.

A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.

Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

• followed the trouble shooting steps via the 'properties' section of the programme application

Thanks

Chrispy929, Feb 25, 2020
  3. The operating system is not presently configured to run this application.

Error message: The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Even after doing all the above steps still my problem is not resolved. Please suggest some solution.

http://www.itsmetutor.com/

ItsmeAbinav, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

iCloud for Windows won't install. "OS not configured to run this application" error

Windows and Icloud Mail etc: Failing to initialise

Hi
    TomParkinson2

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

1. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Do you receive any error message when the spinner stops?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Uninstall iCloud application.

I would suggest you to Sign out from the iCloud account from the app, then uninstall the application.

1. Press Windows
      and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Select the iCloud application and click on Uninstall.

Method 2: Reinstall iCloud application.

Step 1:

I would suggest you toDownload
    the latest version of iCloud

from the apple website. Follow the Onscreen instructions and install the application. For more information, check the article on
    Set up and use iCloud for Windows.

Step 2:

Once the installation is completed, tap on the Windows key on your keyboard, search for ICloud app. Right click on the app and click on
    Pin to taskbar.

If you are using Surface PC, I would suggest you to follow steps mentioned in the Microsoft article about
    Using Surface with iPhone, iCloud,
    and iTunes.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

iCloud for Windows won't install. "OS not configured to run this application" error

1. iCloud for Windows won't install. "OS not configured to run this application" error - Similar Threads - iCloud won't install

2. error the operating system is not presently configurated to run this application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error the operating system is not presently configurated to run this application: I am currently running on my HP pavillion i7-1195g7 the followingWindows 11 home v 10.0.22621+ office pro 2013 v 15.0.5589.1001no antivirus out of Windows are installedI have uninstalled office 365 of previous company profilebrowser installed edge-chrome-firefox-bravewhen i...
  3. error the operating system is not presently configurated to run this application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error the operating system is not presently configurated to run this application: I am currently running on my HP pavillion i7-1195g7 the followingWindows 11 home v 10.0.22621+ office pro 2013 v 15.0.5589.1001no antivirus out of Windows are installedI have uninstalled office 365 of previous company profilebrowser installed edge-chrome-firefox-bravewhen i...
  4. Error The operating system is not configured to run this application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error The operating system is not configured to run this application: How do you fix this? I have Windows 10 and it won't run the Word program. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-the-operating-system-is-not-configured-to/be7b9166-4bc2-4e20-8198-d8901154eca7
  5. Windows Applications won't run

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Applications won't run: For some reason, whenever I try to open any kind of Windows app Microsoft Store, Calculator, Camera,etc., I won't open. It looks like it's trying to open. It pops up for a few seconds, then suddenly crashes. I've been having this problem for quite some time. Please help....
  6. "Operating system is not presently configured to run this application" when loading iCloud

"Operating system is not presently configured to run this application" when loading iCloud: At wit’s end trying to solve this problem. Removal / Reinstalls of all components listed below has already been attempted. ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated…thanks in advance. PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: The following dialog box is shown when attempting to run iCloud...
  7. Error: "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application", when...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application", when...: As the subject description, I just finished running the windows 10 and get on the desktop, the Error adhered appearing. I have do any operations on the desktop works. so would you please help me to check why the Error coming and how to fix the problem, thank you. By the...
  8. operating system is not configured to run this application

operating system is not configured to run this application: I had this problem with Microsoft Excel, every time I tried to open an Excel file or launch the Excel application I got the error "operating system is not configured to run this application". I finally managed to figure out that it was my antivirus, Bitdefender....
  9. Error message "the operating system is not presently configured to run this application"...

Error message "the operating system is not presently configured to run this application"...: Computer had a windows update when I closed down last night and after starting up today I'm getting this error message "the operating system is not presently configured to run this application" when I try to start MS Office applications. I can see that there have been other...
  10. iCloud won't install

iCloud won't install: I am running Windows 10, ver 10.0.1734 build 1734. Recently my iPhone has stopped synchronizing with Outlook through iTunes = I get an error message saying the required software is missing and I need to reinstall iTunes. I have tried completely removing and reinstalling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icloud error operating system not presently configured

2. icloud the operating system is not presently configured

3. The operating system is not currently configured to run this application

4. icloud error message on windows 10,
  5. icloud operating system problem with windows10,
  6. icloud error this operating system not configured,
  7. operating system is not configured to run icloud app,
  8. icloud error os not currently configured to run,
  9. how to set up icloud drive system not configured error on pc,
  10. icloud error is operating system is not correctly configured,
  11. operating system is not configured to use icloud,
  12. icloud for windows 10 operating system not set up to use app,
  13. icloud The operating system is not presently configured to run this application 2020,
  14. operating system is not presently configured to run this application icloud,
  15. operating system ont configured to run icloud