Windows 10: iCloud, iOS, OneDrive and windows 10

Discus and support iCloud, iOS, OneDrive and windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to try to achieve the following please let me know if you have a way of doing it. My family and I have 3 iPhones and 5 iPads between us. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobSnt, Aug 12, 2019.

1. RobSnt Win User

iCloud, iOS, OneDrive and windows 10

I want to try to achieve the following please let me know if you have a way of doing it.

My family and I have 3 iPhones and 5 iPads between us. In addition 2 windows 10 laptops. We also have a server pc running windows 10 attached to a raid storage device. I also have a OneDrive account.

ideally I want everyone who takes photos for the photos to go into their personal iCloud storage ( or equivalent ). So photos auto upload. Then I want the ability to automatically download all iCloud photo accounts to the server pc. I then will occasionally sort through on the server pc for duplicates, rename , sort into albums etc.

ideally then the changes should upload to everyone’s phones and iPads or at least have them available in the photo albums section.

i also like the fact all photos are on my server pc backed up via OneDrive.

i thought I could do this using iCloud photos on all devices, having shared albums. And then the server pc could have an app on it for iCloud like one drive . If I move, change or delete a file or photo then it changes on all devices. However I can’t seem to work out how. It seems I have to use upload or downloads, rather than a single folder which photos sit in sorted into albums that when changes happen it is synced iCloud.

Hopefully all that makes sense, and I have posted this to the right place.

Any idea how to do it?

Thanks,

Rob

:)

RobSnt, Aug 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. iCloud, iOS, OneDrive and windows 10 - Similar Threads - iCloud iOS OneDrive

2. .iCloud files in my OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .iCloud files in my OneDrive: My research team is using OneDrive to share project related files with one another. I have a Mac and noticed that some of the files in the OneDrive had .iCloud extensions to them. My theory was that files on the OneDrive that were downloaded onto my computer were being...
  3. .iCloud files in my OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .iCloud files in my OneDrive: My research team is using OneDrive to share project related files with one another. I have a Mac and noticed that some of the files in the OneDrive had .iCloud extensions to them. My theory was that files on the OneDrive that were downloaded onto my computer were being...
  4. icloud for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    icloud for windows 10: A Windows update crashed my PC forcing me to wipe it and reinstall Windows. Previously, I had icloud on my PC -- it worked fine. Now, the Microsoft app store says that I own the icloud app but it won't let me install it on my PC because I don't have any applicable devices...
  5. icloud for windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    icloud for windows 10: Please could you tell me how to include icloud.com as an account for courier , contacts and calendar on a pc running under Windows 10? many thanks ! BrigitteM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-for-windows-10/0f8c6a4a-c256-408f-9384-6eedc294e230
  6. OneDrive or iCloud

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive or iCloud: I never owned an Apple product but have ordered an iPad to replace two very old Android tablets. My PC's are linked to OneDrive and I saw that I can use OneDrive on the iPad instead of iCloud. I was wondering if anyone has experience with both and if so which would they...
  7. iCloud on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud on Windows 10: Thanks in advance...I have a new Dell laptop (stays a shared work location) with Windows 10. When I install iCloud from Apple or Windows Store, the screen says the program 'needs to be repaired' with directions (2-3 steps) that I follow, restart the system, and still says...
  8. iCloud photos sync to onedrive

iCloud photos sync to onedrive: I operate in the Apple world and my wife uses Windows. We have Office 365 on my wife's windows laptop which has a 128G ssd - w/1T of onedrive cloud storage. I have a very large icloud photo library which is syncing to the onedrive camera roll which is not a problem - the...
  9. Onedrive to ICLOUD files

Onedrive to ICLOUD files: Some of my Word documents in Onedrive have turned into ICLOUD files and I can't open them. What is going on, how can I stop it happening to more files and how do I access the files which have changed?...
  10. iCloud won't sync with ios on ipad

iCloud won't sync with ios on ipad: My windows iCloud won't sync with ios on ipad. It has been install for months and worked fine now it won't sync. Any ideas I can try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-wont-sync-with-ios-on-ipad/4d723a0e-d15d-4c6f-82ca-a3a10ba4509e"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icloud potos duplicating in onedrive

2. is one drive on win 10 same as icloud on ios

3. use icloud together with onedrive

4. icloud windows 10 onedrive,
  5. Is Windows 10 onedrive in icloud