Windows 10: iCloud is there in Mail, but not visible--now what?

Discus and support iCloud is there in Mail, but not visible--now what? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Added my iCloud mail account without issues--but it's not visible in the list of accounts. When I try to re-add it, the app says it's already there. Do... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by adambravo, Jun 17, 2015.

1. adambravo Win User

iCloud is there in Mail, but not visible--now what?

Added my iCloud mail account without issues--but it's not visible in the list of accounts. When I try to re-add it, the app says it's already there. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Mail?

:)

adambravo, Jun 17, 2015
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Printer not visible in Word but is showing in Network and on Control Panel

Hello Michael,

There are certain steps that we can do to troubleshoot this issue of not being able to print in Word. Kindly follow the methods provided on this

link
    and see if this will resolve your concern.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Jun 17, 2015
  3. Printer not visible in Word but is showing in Network and on Control Panel

I have an ASUS Transformer 3 laptop, about 3 months old; and an HP Envy 5400 printer; runn ing Windows 10.

All was working well till last week when I had a problem with the printer and decided to re-install the drivers to fix.

The printer, and scanner, are now showing in the Network, so the laptop knows about them. But it is not visible to print to in Word, Excel etc.

When I try and add it in Word, i get error message "The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable"

Going to Control Panel and trying the 'Add a Printer' advice I have seen elsewhere does not work - the printer is already shown as there and is not found to 'add'.

In 'Settings' it shows the driver as unavailable. But this does not seem to be correct, as if I clink on the Printer in Control Panel or from Network, it opens the HP software and I can print a test page.

So what is going on?

Mike Somerville

michaelsomerville, Jun 17, 2015
  4. iCloud is there in Mail, but not visible--now what?

Another member had a similar experience setting up an AT&T account - it did not show up. I was about to suggest some other things but the member said that the account eventually showed up and was working.There seem to be some 'timing' issues with the uniApps.

If you haven't already, try restarting your machine.

The other thing you might try is checking the Store (beta) for an update to the olMail App.

Slartybart, Jun 17, 2015
  5. adambravo Win User
    Thanks! I've restarted once already (which temporarily fixed the 'can't pin to Start screen' issue that seems to be a problem) but will try again...

adambravo, Jun 17, 2015
  6. Adam,

Have you checked launched he Windows Store (beta) to check for an update to the olMail App?
    Please do that before seeing if the next suggestion helps.

The information on Apple support tells me that the port#s are specific to iCloud servers. The olMail App does verifiy that you have entered the correct credentials to access the server. Maybe there's an issue with the way Windows defined the Server.

That was the other members question - how to set specific server information in the client. Neither of us found where to to that.

Mystere suggested tacking the port # onto the server as shown below. I'm looking around to try and fine where to see this information (registry? Appdata...packages?)
    imap.mail.me.com:993
    smtp.mail.me.com:587
    I haven't test that, though it sounds logical *Wink

It could just be a mismatch in the way you set it up (partial name instead of the full eMail address) or it could be a bug in the way olMail sets up iCloud when you click on that automatic setup link (previous iterations of MS mail clients had a similar bug - the work around was to manually set up the client)

I'll post what I've written so far and come back after some more testing.

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

iCloud is there in Mail, but not visible--now what?

1. iCloud is there in Mail, but not visible--now what? - Similar Threads - iCloud Mail visible

2. iCloud mail set up on win10 mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud mail set up on win10 mail: HI , I have a new laptop with win 10 home . I am trying to set up my iCloud mail and BT mail accounts but it just can't find the accounts in the set up box ? I know I am putting in the correct unto date details , with the iCloud account I have set up and tried a App password...
  3. icloud mail

icloud mail: Icloud settings are out of date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-mail/e173aa3c-35c1-463b-85f1-98182ab910e3
  4. iCloud mail on Windows PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    iCloud mail on Windows PC: I can't get iCloud mail to open on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-mail-on-windows-pc/3d8f57b2-289a-42da-8ea1-e6c2c0273e13
  5. Icloud mail disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Icloud mail disappearing: I'm using Windows 10, Chrome browser, and icloud mail. When I send mail, it seems they get sent, but are never received by the persons they are addressed to. No error, no bounce.. they just disappear......
  6. Original Mail Yahoo. Now what to do

in Browsers and Email
    Original Mail Yahoo. Now what to do: Using MS10 browser and email now. Not happy with windows email performance. I know it brings over mail from Yahoo so I was thinking of just using Yahoo mail. I am not to clever these days and cannot get Yahoo assigned a default email.. Help please! 136117
  7. Original Mail Yahoo. Now what to do

in Windows 10 Support
    Original Mail Yahoo. Now what to do: Using MS10 browser and email now. Not happy with windows email performance. I know it brings over mail from Yahoo so I was thinking of just using Yahoo mail. I am not to clever these days and cannot get Yahoo assigned a default email.. Help please! 136117
  8. icloud mail

in Browsers and Email
    icloud mail: I am trying to set up my icloud email on my windows 10 laptop. it says attention required, update the password for this account. umm the password i have entered is the same password i use for my icloud account on my iphone and ipad so i dont get what the problem is at all....
  9. adding icloud mail account

adding icloud mail account: Hi there, I keep getting a message saying my icloud account details are out of date. I click on fix account and enter my current password only to have the message come up again. I went to my apple id page and generated an app specific password for windows 10 mail but...
  10. unable to retrieve icloud mail ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to retrieve icloud mail ?: Hello, I am unable to retrieve my Apple icloud mail. from my Win-10 email app I created an account to retrieve mail from icloud. the email app attempts to login but fails sometimes. when I initiate to FIX problem. I re-enter my icloud password and it logs in successfully...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icloud mail not visible on microsoft mail