Windows 10: iCloud mail set up on win10 mail

Discus and support iCloud mail set up on win10 mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HI , I have a new laptop with win 10 home . I am trying to set up my iCloud mail and BT mail accounts but it just can't find the accounts in the set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by andrewF4EA, May 5, 2021.

1. iCloud mail set up on win10 mail

HI , I have a new laptop with win 10 home . I am trying to set up my iCloud mail and BT mail accounts but it just can't find the accounts in the set up box ? I know I am putting in the correct unto date details , with the iCloud account I have set up and tried a App password but I just get the message ' We couldn't find the info for that account' .On my previous laptop there were no problems . Any help much appreciated .

:)

andrewF4EA, May 5, 2021
  2. adambravo Win User

iCloud is there in Mail, but not visible--now what?

Added my iCloud mail account without issues--but it's not visible in the list of accounts. When I try to re-add it, the app says it's already there. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Mail?

adambravo, May 5, 2021
  3. iCloud is there in Mail, but not visible--now what?

Adam,

Have you checked launched he Windows Store (beta) to check for an update to the olMail App?
    Please do that before seeing if the next suggestion helps.

The information on Apple support tells me that the port#s are specific to iCloud servers. The olMail App does verifiy that you have entered the correct credentials to access the server. Maybe there's an issue with the way Windows defined the Server.

That was the other members question - how to set specific server information in the client. Neither of us found where to to that.

Mystere suggested tacking the port # onto the server as shown below. I'm looking around to try and fine where to see this information (registry? Appdata...packages?)
    imap.mail.me.com:993
    smtp.mail.me.com:587
    I haven't test that, though it sounds logical *Wink

It could just be a mismatch in the way you set it up (partial name instead of the full eMail address) or it could be a bug in the way olMail sets up iCloud when you click on that automatic setup link (previous iterations of MS mail clients had a similar bug - the work around was to manually set up the client)

I'll post what I've written so far and come back after some more testing.

Slartybart, May 5, 2021
  4. iCloud mail set up on win10 mail

icloud Mail Account

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Regarding your issue with your iCloud mail settings, we suggest to check this thread and look for G00dbyeGirl post:

iCloud account settings
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 5, 2021
Thema:

iCloud mail set up on win10 mail

1. iCloud mail set up on win10 mail - Similar Threads - iCloud mail set

2. mail search brings up icloud mail instead of windows 10 mail

in Cortana
    mail search brings up icloud mail instead of windows 10 mail: Entering "mail" into the search window bottom left corner windows 10 my GF's laptop brings up the icloud mail app which immediately asks to create an account. my GF and I do not use icloud mail and and want windows 10 mail to be found. we use icloud for its "find my...
  3. icloud mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icloud mail: Icloud settings are out of date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-mail/e173aa3c-35c1-463b-85f1-98182ab910e3
  4. sync win10 Mail app with icloud email issues

sync win10 Mail app with icloud email issues: Dear Sir/Madam, I have two critical issues with the Mail app on my new surface laptop 3, and it has been weeks i'm suffering. I recently switch my working laptop from macbook to the latest surface laptop 3. the problem is i can never receive my emails on time, nor...
  5. Icloud mail disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Icloud mail disappearing: I'm using Windows 10, Chrome browser, and icloud mail. When I send mail, it seems they get sent, but are never received by the persons they are addressed to. No error, no bounce.. they just disappear......
  6. icloud mail

in Browsers and Email
    icloud mail: I am trying to set up my icloud email on my windows 10 laptop. it says attention required, update the password for this account. umm the password i have entered is the same password i use for my icloud account on my iphone and ipad so i dont get what the problem is at all....
  7. Mail set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail set up: I need help with Mail set up on windows 10. The system keep asking me to fix my account by entering password. After I have inserted the password, it does not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-set-up/6f2b3214-a4ed-435a-8aa6-3f700a1c6236
  8. win10 mail

win10 mail: win10 mail will save my sent 'live.com' mails but will not save my 'plus.com' emails. this occurs in both IMAP and POP3. I have deleted and reloaded the accounts to no avail. Everything works fine in outlook but I much prefer the Win10 mail presentation....
  9. Setting up mail.

in Browsers and Email
    Setting up mail.: Having just downloaded Win 10, (I think its great) I find I cannot activate my email. I got my Gmail account working OK. I've tried all the set up procedures without success. I must have missed something. Can anyone advise? 49454
  10. Win10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail: I used Win Live Mail 2012 but now have to use Win 10 Mail. Is it possible to make a group of contacts? I could do this with Win Live Mail 2012. I have read some where that Win 10 Mail can not make groups of contacts. 76087