Windows 10: iCloud no longer supports downloads from shared albums??

Discus and support iCloud no longer supports downloads from shared albums?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; About two weeks ago I was able to download lots of photos my son shared with me through iCloud in an album he created. Now I can't seem to do that. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by x509, May 4, 2021.

1. x509 Win User

iCloud no longer supports downloads from shared albums??

About two weeks ago I was able to download lots of photos my son shared with me through iCloud in an album he created. Now I can't seem to do that. I'm using iCloud 12.2 on my PC, which runs Windows 10 Pro 64. Here are the options for iCloud Photos. At www.icloud.com there doesn't seem to be a way to select shared albums. So what am I doing wrong, or what has Apple changed in a way that the desired functionality is now hidden?

:)

x509, May 4, 2021
  2. x509 Win User

About two weeks ago I was able to download lots of photos my son shared with me through iCloud in an album he created. Now I can't seem to do that.

I'm using iCloud 12.2 on my PC, which runs Windows 10 Pro 64. Here are the options for iCloud Photos.

iCloud no longer supports downloads from shared albums?? [​IMG]

At www.icloud.com there doesn't seem to be a way to select shared albums.

iCloud no longer supports downloads from shared albums?? [​IMG]

So what am I doing wrong, or what has Apple changed in a way that the desired functionality is now hidden?

x509, May 4, 2021
  3. Lee Mac Win User
    How to Upload Folders of Photos to Albums on iCloud?

I'm trying to determine the best way to migrate multiple folders of photos on Windows 10 to iCloud.

Currently, I'm copying each folder of photos to the iCloud Photos\Uploads folder, which successfully uploads the photos to iCloud, however, the photos do not appear in albums and are therefore no longer grouped.

Is there a way to upload a folder of photos so that it appears in an album on iCloud, or do I have to manually create the album and move the photos into it after uploading?

Also, after uploading the folder of photos, should I delete the folder from the Uploads folder?

Lee Mac, May 4, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Sharing photo albums

Hi Manor

The only export option in the Photos App is to OneDrive, you will need to export to OneDrive, then copy the album to your iCloud . .

Open an album you have created, then at the top right of the Photos App, click Share - Upload and Share Content

DaveM121, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. iCloud no longer supports downloads from shared albums?? - Similar Threads - iCloud longer supports

2. Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps: Only recently has the shared albums disappeared from this App. I was enjoying seeing some access to the many albums shared with me in the IOS world.Was this by design ?...
  3. Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps: Only recently has the shared albums disappeared from this App. I was enjoying seeing some access to the many albums shared with me in the IOS world.Was this by design ?...
  4. Icloud shared photo albums not automatically updating in Windows

Icloud shared photo albums not automatically updating in Windows: Can someone please assist me? I have my iCloud synced to my Windows PC, but when I open the D Drive > Icloud Photos > Shared > "Album", it doesn't show all of my recently synced photos in that shared album. How do I get this folder to update on my PC, so I can see all of the...
  5. Icloud shared photo albums not automatically updating in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud shared photo albums not automatically updating in Windows: Can someone please assist me? I have my iCloud synced to my Windows PC, but when I open the D Drive > Icloud Photos > Shared > "Album", it doesn't show all of my recently synced photos in that shared album. How do I get this folder to update on my PC, so I can see all of the...
  6. Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows

Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows: Hi,I’d like to be able to access the same photo albums that I created on my iPhone in iCloud for windows. Now I can see all photos but I can’t access the albums.How can I do this? I don’t want to log in online all the time and download everything.Cheers,Elio...
  7. Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows: Hi,I’d like to be able to access the same photo albums that I created on my iPhone in iCloud for windows. Now I can see all photos but I can’t access the albums.How can I do this? I don’t want to log in online all the time and download everything.Cheers,Elio...
  8. Sharing Photo Album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Photo Album: I would like to send an album from Photos to someone so they can download the photos and create a photobook, mixing them with pictures they already have. Is this possible?. Please help! This is for an 88th birthday present....
  9. Sharing photo albums

Sharing photo albums: I am using microsoft photos on my pc and would like to share the albums I've worked on with my icloud drive, but I'm not sure how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-photo-albums/b64e0185-64e1-438c-bcc5-0058bf0878ad
  10. Download from icloud

Download from icloud: I haven’t used my itune app for more than a year so i updated it to the latest version then signed in again but retrieving/downloading my music files from icloud gets an error message from each of them. Internet connection is perfect but sometimes noted as the problem. Error...