Windows 10: iCloud no longer supports downloads from shared albums??

Discus and support iCloud no longer supports downloads from shared albums?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; About two weeks ago I was able to download lots of photos my son shared with me through iCloud in an album he created. Now I can't seem to do that. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by x509, May 4, 2021.

1. x509 Win User

iCloud no longer supports downloads from shared albums??

About two weeks ago I was able to download lots of photos my son shared with me through iCloud in an album he created. Now I can't seem to do that. I'm using iCloud 12.2 on my PC, which runs Windows 10 Pro 64. Here are the options for iCloud Photos. At www.icloud.com there doesn't seem to be a way to select shared albums. So what am I doing wrong, or what has Apple changed in a way that the desired functionality is now hidden?

:)

x509, May 4, 2021
  2. x509 Win User

About two weeks ago I was able to download lots of photos my son shared with me through iCloud in an album he created. Now I can't seem to do that.

I'm using iCloud 12.2 on my PC, which runs Windows 10 Pro 64. Here are the options for iCloud Photos.

iCloud no longer supports downloads from shared albums?? [​IMG]

At www.icloud.com there doesn't seem to be a way to select shared albums.

iCloud no longer supports downloads from shared albums?? [​IMG]

So what am I doing wrong, or what has Apple changed in a way that the desired functionality is now hidden?

x509, May 4, 2021
  3. Lee Mac Win User
    How to Upload Folders of Photos to Albums on iCloud?

I'm trying to determine the best way to migrate multiple folders of photos on Windows 10 to iCloud.

Currently, I'm copying each folder of photos to the iCloud Photos\Uploads folder, which successfully uploads the photos to iCloud, however, the photos do not appear in albums and are therefore no longer grouped.

Is there a way to upload a folder of photos so that it appears in an album on iCloud, or do I have to manually create the album and move the photos into it after uploading?

Also, after uploading the folder of photos, should I delete the folder from the Uploads folder?

Lee Mac, May 4, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Sharing photo albums

Hi Manor

The only export option in the Photos App is to OneDrive, you will need to export to OneDrive, then copy the album to your iCloud . .

Open an album you have created, then at the top right of the Photos App, click Share - Upload and Share Content

DaveM121, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. iCloud no longer supports downloads from shared albums?? - Similar Threads - iCloud longer supports

2. Sharing Photo Album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Photo Album: I would like to send an album from Photos to someone so they can download the photos and create a photobook, mixing them with pictures they already have. Is this possible?. Please help! This is for an 88th birthday present....
  3. Sharing photo albums

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing photo albums: I am using microsoft photos on my pc and would like to share the albums I've worked on with my icloud drive, but I'm not sure how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-photo-albums/b64e0185-64e1-438c-bcc5-0058bf0878ad
  4. How to download photos from iCloud?

How to download photos from iCloud?: I cannot save photos that downloaded from iCloud. Please… I just click on Open but cannot save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-photos-from-icloud/d42c4782-3520-407b-b307-724b9b4ccf54"
  5. Downloading Photos from iCloud to PC

Downloading Photos from iCloud to PC: I downloaded photos from I cloud and clicked on open instead of save....what/how I get in saved ***Original title: photos from i cloud*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-photos-from-icloud-to-pc/24f9b4e3-db65-4897-855e-4fc6c439a15e
  6. sharing icloud pictures

sharing icloud pictures: how do I give access to someone on my icloud account to be able to share my photo files with them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-icloud-pictures/722b6751-3704-400d-be67-1b7349fb708f"
  7. Unable to share Albums from Photos app on OneDrive

Unable to share Albums from Photos app on OneDrive: Hi, I have been trying to share an Album in the Photos app via OneDrive. However the status bar text has been saying "[Album name] uploading to OneDrive - 1 of 15" for over 15 minutes. Each picture is about 7MB and my upload speed has been tested at 13mbps, so each picture...
  8. Photo App Album sharing

Photo App Album sharing: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1803. I want to share an Album, using the Photo App.: 1) I click on "Share Album"; 2) I click on "copy a link"; 3) I get the answer "Link copied to clipboard" QUESTION: where/how do I find the "clipboard"on a Windows 10,...
  9. Download from icloud

Download from icloud: I haven’t used my itune app for more than a year so i updated it to the latest version then signed in again but retrieving/downloading my music files from icloud gets an error message from each of them. Internet connection is perfect but sometimes noted as the problem. Error...
  10. Download a web album

in Windows 10 Support
    Download a web album: Hi How do I download a web album (Picasa/Google pics) to my laptop please 95629