Windows 10: iCloud not syncing all files to Windows 10 PC

Discus and support iCloud not syncing all files to Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use iCloud Drive to share files between my MacBook Air, my iPhone 11 Pro Max, and my original iPad Pro with no problems. When I add a file to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveB52352, Mar 21, 2020.

1. iCloud not syncing all files to Windows 10 PC

I use iCloud Drive to share files between my MacBook Air, my iPhone 11 Pro Max, and my original iPad Pro with no problems. When I add a file to a directory on any of my Apple devices, it pretty much shows up immediately on all of the other ones. I also have iCloud Drive on my Windows PC, and syncing is simply not working well.

Here's an example: I have a folder called Affinity Designer at the top level iCloud Drive\Affinity Designer. It has four subdirectories under it. For simplicities sake, let's call them One, Two, Three, and Four. All four directories show up on all apple devices. On my PC however, only One and Three show up. One has only two files in it, and both are there on the PC. Three has four files in it, and they're all there too. But the subdirectories Two and Four never showed up at all. I have killed all iCloud processes using the task manager and restarted iCloud Drive, but nothing changes. If I click on the iCloud icon in the system tray, I can see the number of files to download grow and then diminish - but it never gets below 8 or 9 files. Those files don't seem to want to download, but I din't have any idea how to identify what they are. I also have some 30,000 photos in iCloud, so those 8 or nine files could be photos, I guess.

As I said, subdirectories Two and Four never appear on the PC. Two has 20 files in it; Four has 75. if I open the iCloud drive in a Chrome tab, I see all files in all four directories. As a workaround, I figured I could download the files with iCloud in Chrome, create the Two and Four subdirectories manually, and copy the files into those subdirectories. However, when I tried to create the subdirectories on my PC, they immediately got renamed Two 2 and Four 2. So it appeals the PC knows somehow that Two and Four exist, but it just isn't displaying them for some reason.

I tried another workaround: on my Mac, I made another directory named Affinity Designer SRB, and copied all four subdirectories into the new directory, Then I went and rebooted the PC - and this time, subdirectories One and Four showed up; Two and Three were nowhere to be seen. Four ended up with 58 of the 75 files in it - I downloaded the ones it missed, and now it has all 75 files which tells me it's not a problem with an individual file in Four, at least.

I have checked to see that iCloud is up to date on my PC. Everything but iCloud is working fine, so it's not network related. The only thing I haven't tried is logging out of iCloud and back in - with 30,000 pictures, that's no small endeavor.

I'm running Windows 10 Build 1909 and up to date Apple operating systems.

Anybody have any ideas?

:)

SteveB52352, Mar 21, 2020

2. Icloud Drive for windows not syncing files

On windows 10

Files (folders, word, excel pdf ect) that are added to icloud drive folder from the Win 10 PC will not upload to apple server or sync to apple devices

Similarly files added from a mac or apple device do not sync back to Windows 10 PC

Photos, calendar, reminders all sync normally

Everything is up to date (windows & Icloud), tried signing in and out of icloud for windows, etc, disabled Norton, all the obvious things are ok

Called Apple, called Norton, all is good on there end

Even stranger, after signing out of icloud, deleting files off pc, and signing back in the files from icloud download to the pc just fine populating a up to date file list, but once the files are in the PC are alter or added to they will not sync as described
    above

Anyone else experiencing this

KevinRedding, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 21, 2020
  4. skcusime Win User

iCloud not syncing all files to Windows 10 PC

Creators upgrade and CodeTwo Sync for iCloud

My upgrade went smoothly, but Office Outlook 2007 would not open, citing Code Two as the culprit. Code Two is an Outlook add-in that syncs Outlook calendars, contacts etc with iCloud calendars, contacts etc.
    With Code two uninstalled, Outlook works fine, as does iCloud for windows.
    I've tried all suggested fixes on the code two website, but have had no success in getting the calendars to sync.
    Has anyone been able to get them to play together?

skcusime, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

iCloud not syncing all files to Windows 10 PC

1. iCloud not syncing all files to Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - iCloud syncing files

2. Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows: Hi,I’d like to be able to access the same photo albums that I created on my iPhone in iCloud for windows. Now I can see all photos but I can’t access the albums.How can I do this? I don’t want to log in online all the time and download everything.Cheers,Elio...
  3. Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows: Hi,I’d like to be able to access the same photo albums that I created on my iPhone in iCloud for windows. Now I can see all photos but I can’t access the albums.How can I do this? I don’t want to log in online all the time and download everything.Cheers,Elio...
  4. Windows 10 calendar and icloud: iCloud not syncing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 calendar and icloud: iCloud not syncing.: Hi. I've managed to add my iCloud calendar account to the Windows 10 mail/calendar app. The only problem i'm having is that when I edit/add a calendar event directly into the Windows 10 Calendar app, this new entry isn't getting reflected on my iCloud account (e.g. on my...
  5. syncing iCloud for Windows to Mac

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    syncing iCloud for Windows to Mac: I need to sync edited documents, photos, etc. in iCloud for Windows, the changes prepared to be transferred to my Mac. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-icloud-for-windows-to-mac/2426a94b-6048-4121-ac3e-9293887584a4"
  6. Windows 10 Calendar not syncing all icloud calendars

Windows 10 Calendar not syncing all icloud calendars: My iCloud calendars used to show up in the Calendar app, but now only one does. I have a few icloud calendars, one of which is a shared calendar with my partner and until last week all calendars were visible in the Calendar app on my desktop, but now only one is, not the...
  7. Icloud Drive for windows not syncing files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icloud Drive for windows not syncing files: On windows 10 Files (folders, word, excel pdf ect) that are added to icloud drive folder from the Win 10 PC will not upload to apple server or sync to apple devices Similarly files added from a mac or apple device do not sync back to Windows 10 PC Photos, calendar,...
  8. icloud not syncing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    icloud not syncing: my icloud is not sync with calendars https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-not-syncing/fdaf4703-ffe1-4a18-bd34-7d2b0732994e
  9. Sync Windows 10 Calendar with iCloud?

Sync Windows 10 Calendar with iCloud?: I have Windows 10 Home. I'm using the Microsoft Calendar app. Is it possible to sync my calendar entries from my iPhone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-windows-10-calendar-with-icloud/ce50bb95-f201-4458-ad78-abcc4300e275
  10. Icloud for PC, photostream not syncing

Icloud for PC, photostream not syncing: Windows 10 stopped syncing to photostream https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-for-pc-photostream-not-syncing/4fb8668f-4616-4650-8fe4-b638fb939ddc