Windows 10: iCloud Photos downloads to PC

Discus and support iCloud Photos downloads to PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 pc and an iPhone. For years I have been downloading photos from iCloud onto my pc - saving them into different folders as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HGHFaith, May 27, 2021.

1. HGHFaith Win User

iCloud Photos downloads to PC

I have a Windows 10 pc and an iPhone. For years I have been downloading photos from iCloud onto my pc - saving them into different folders as appropriate. I got a new pc a couple of weeks ago still with Windows 10, but using Microsoft 365 rather than my old Microsoft 2013. Now when I download photos from iCloud I browse to the folder I want to save the photos into, but rather than downloading directly into that folder as happened on my old pc it now opens a new folder called iCloud Photos inside the designated folder. How can I stop it opening this new and unnecessary iCloud Photos f

:)

HGHFaith, May 27, 2021

2. Can't download iCloud photos onto PC

Hi!

I'm trying to download my iCloud photos onto my PC. I've tried looking for my iCloud drive folder in my main User folder as suggested and it's not there. I also tried downloading the iCloud for Windows app, but after I installed, I couldn't find it! When
    I try to reinstall it, it says "You already own this app." (but if I type iCloud in the start menu, nothing comes up).

Any help would be much appreciated - thanks!

MitaPatel1, May 27, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    icloud photo library

Hello Don,

There may be several reasons why your iCloud photos are not showing up on your wife's user account. To assist you better with your concern regarding syncing iCloud, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Is your iCloud up to date?
    • Have you tried syncing iCloud while logged in to your wife's account?

You may refer to this article for steps on how to setup iCloud on Windows. Kindly make sure that you are logged in to your wife's account when performing the steps:
    How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, May 27, 2021
  4. iCloud Photos downloads to PC

Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! iCloud Photos downloads to PC :)

justinmreina, May 27, 2021
Thema:

iCloud Photos downloads to PC

1. iCloud Photos downloads to PC - Similar Threads - iCloud Photos downloads

2. DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS: I cannot sync my videos from iCloud into local disk. I met the Error 0x800701AA and I dont know how to fix it and download my data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-videos-from-icloud-photos/19d1f8ee-f3c2-4a57-8f09-63cb25a8c659
  3. DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS: I cannot sync my videos from iCloud into local disk. I met the Error 0x800701AA and I dont know how to fix it and download my data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-videos-from-icloud-photos/19d1f8ee-f3c2-4a57-8f09-63cb25a8c659
  4. Icloud photos not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud photos not downloading: I have windows11 and the latest version of iCloud for Windows. Everything is working fine except for the syncing of stand alone photos. Even photo albums are syncing. I spent time with Apple support and we got apple photos to work once we created a brand new user and...
  5. Icloud photos not downloading

Icloud photos not downloading: I have windows11 and the latest version of iCloud for Windows. Everything is working fine except for the syncing of stand alone photos. Even photo albums are syncing. I spent time with Apple support and we got apple photos to work once we created a brand new user and...
  6. iCloud not downloading to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    iCloud not downloading to PC: I am unable to download photos from iCloud. I get error code 0x800701AA How do I fix this?Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / Unknown/other / iPhone & iPad / Microsoft 365 Family...
  7. iCloud photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud photos: Hello everyone, I am having some difficulties deleting a bunch of iCloud photos files from my file explorer. Thing is, whenever I try to delete the computer says the item is unavailable. I have 7 of these ICloud folders just cramming up my view on file explorer and its very...
  8. Can't download iCloud photos onto PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download iCloud photos onto PC: Hi! I'm trying to download my iCloud photos onto my PC. I've tried looking for my iCloud drive folder in my main User folder as suggested and it's not there. I also tried downloading the iCloud for Windows app, but after I installed, I couldn't find it! When I try to...
  9. How to download photos from iCloud?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to download photos from iCloud?: I cannot save photos that downloaded from iCloud. Please… I just click on Open but cannot save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-photos-from-icloud/d42c4782-3520-407b-b307-724b9b4ccf54"
  10. Downloading Photos from iCloud to PC

Downloading Photos from iCloud to PC: I downloaded photos from I cloud and clicked on open instead of save....what/how I get in saved ***Original title: photos from i cloud*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-photos-from-icloud-to-pc/24f9b4e3-db65-4897-855e-4fc6c439a15e