Windows 10: iCloud Photos folder problem

Discus and support iCloud Photos folder problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I posted this on the apple forum and they recommend I try to find answers here as well. I have seen other people with this problem but none... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by werTH17TS, Jul 16, 2020.

1. werTH17TS Win User

iCloud Photos folder problem

Hello,

I posted this on the apple forum and they recommend I try to find answers here as well. I have seen other people with this problem but none of the solutions have worked out for me.

I have a growing number of "iCloud Photos" folders in my file explorer that are below the Quick Access and above One Drive. I have already deleted anything involving iCloud using Revo Uninstaller. Still, they persist. They are just empty folders and keep going up in numbers. Last I checked it was at 50+. Any recommendations?

:)

werTH17TS, Jul 16, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

icloud photo library

Hello Don,

There may be several reasons why your iCloud photos are not showing up on your wife's user account. To assist you better with your concern regarding syncing iCloud, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Is your iCloud up to date?
    • Have you tried syncing iCloud while logged in to your wife's account?

You may refer to this article for steps on how to setup iCloud on Windows. Kindly make sure that you are logged in to your wife's account when performing the steps:
    How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! iCloud Photos folder problem :)

justinmreina, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Lee Mac Win User

How to Upload Folders of Photos to Albums on iCloud?

I'm trying to determine the best way to migrate multiple folders of photos on Windows 10 to iCloud.

Currently, I'm copying each folder of photos to the iCloud Photos\Uploads folder, which successfully uploads the photos to iCloud, however, the photos do not appear in albums and are therefore no longer grouped.

Is there a way to upload a folder of photos so that it appears in an album on iCloud, or do I have to manually create the album and move the photos into it after uploading?

Also, after uploading the folder of photos, should I delete the folder from the Uploads folder?

Lee Mac, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

1. iCloud Photos folder problem - Similar Threads - iCloud Photos folder

2. iCloud Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud Problems: I have been having problems for a long time with downloading photos from the iCloud. It use to work at some point, but has not for a long time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app many times with no positive results. Yesterday I did again and now it is taking...
  3. Multiple iCloud Photos folders, photos not downloading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple iCloud Photos folders, photos not downloading to Windows 10: Hi there, I have an iPhone that syncs photos to iCloud. I also use the iCloud for Windows app to automatically download my photos from iCloud to my Windows 10 laptop. Until recently, all was working fine. Since about a month ago no photos are downloading from iCloud to the...
  4. iCloud Photos folder duplicate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud Photos folder duplicate: So I have iCloud Photos on my Windows 10 and for some reasons there's this[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-photos-folder-duplicate/ecfa4138-ae5e-40e5-bec0-1767e25d4755
  5. Duplicate iCloud Photo on sidebar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate iCloud Photo on sidebar: I an so boring with duplicated iCloud Photo on sidebar. How can I remove it permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-icloud-photo-on-sidebar/af4dd50f-a29c-4afb-8033-18728e761876
  6. Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER

Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER: Purely for personal organizational preferences, I want to move the "iCloud Photos" folder from MS Windows "Pictures" folder to a a subfolder under "Pictures," where I am attempting to centralize and accumulate the various files and folders that deal with web based storage and...
  7. Deleting photo's and Videos from the iCloud Photos folder within Downloads on Windows 10

Deleting photo's and Videos from the iCloud Photos folder within Downloads on Windows 10: Hi reader, I recently downloaded a number of photos from iCloud onto my Windows 10 PC. I have shifted the photos into my Pictures folder and I am now trying to delete these photos from the iCloud Photos folder within the Downloads Folder However, i cant delete any of...
  8. iCloud photos sync to onedrive

iCloud photos sync to onedrive: I operate in the Apple world and my wife uses Windows. We have Office 365 on my wife's windows laptop which has a 128G ssd - w/1T of onedrive cloud storage. I have a very large icloud photo library which is syncing to the onedrive camera roll which is not a problem - the...
  9. How to stop so many folders with iCloud Photos on PC

How to stop so many folders with iCloud Photos on PC: I have a iPhone which I sync my photos etc to my PC. Tried asking this question elsewhere without Joy. How can I stop so many folders being created in my 'iCloud Photos - Downloads'. It appears the folders have duplicated images which is taking up so much space on the...
  10. Problem with iCloud installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with iCloud installation: I was forced to do a clean install of Windows 10 and then tried to install iCloud. But in the middle of the process I encountered an error with code 0x80073715 and the installation process started again. Can you explain how to fix this problem?...