Windows 10: iCloud Photos says I don't have the latest installation of windows.

Discus and support iCloud Photos says I don't have the latest installation of windows. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was advised to post about this issue here as I'm having problems with iCloud downloaded from the windows store. Here are the details The windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TinaDubinsky, Jun 7, 2020.

1. iCloud Photos says I don't have the latest installation of windows.

I was advised to post about this issue here as I'm having problems with iCloud downloaded from the windows store. Here are the details

The windows notification message that I'm receiving says:

iCloud Photos

We detected that you are using an older version of Windows. iCloud Photos capability will be slightly limited on this version of Windows. 7.33am

[button]More Information/button]

The most recent notification was less than an hour ago. When I click on the button it takes me to this support page:https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT205328

On that support page, this text appears towards the top of the page in a grey box: "If you see a "We detected that you are using an older version of Windows" message, learn what to do. "

Clicking on this link takes you to the bottom of the page, where it says:

"If you are running an older version of Windows 10, you may see a message that states "We detected that you are using an older version of Windows. iCloud Photos capability will be slightly limited on this version of Windows." To get full iCloud Photos capabilities, upgrade to Windows 10 build 18363 or later and download and install the HEVC decoder and HEIF plugin from the Microsoft Store."

1. I've checked that my version of Windows 10 is up to date.: Version 1909 OS Build: 18363.836
    2. iCloud for Windows updated to version 11.2.18.0 updated on the 31 May and I began receiving these notifications around this time.
    3. Neither HEVC decoder or HEIF plugin appear available in the Microsoft store.

I'm not sure how to fix this issue but my version says it's up to date when I check for updates last checked today. I'm guessing I'm not getting the full functionality for iCloud Photos and that something is broken somewhere, but Apple has passed the buck to Microsoft already tried getting help from their forum since their help page was not helpful.

:)

TinaDubinsky, Jun 7, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

icloud photo library

Hello Don,

There may be several reasons why your iCloud photos are not showing up on your wife's user account. To assist you better with your concern regarding syncing iCloud, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Is your iCloud up to date?
    • Have you tried syncing iCloud while logged in to your wife's account?

You may refer to this article for steps on how to setup iCloud on Windows. Kindly make sure that you are logged in to your wife's account when performing the steps:
    How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, Jun 7, 2020
  3. How do I get "Photo Options" to pop up once I open icloud for windows 10?

Hi Don,

There are several options that you can do to troubleshoot your iCloud
    issue. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Uninstall and reinstall iCloud.
    • Make sure that your iCloud app is enabled to both your iOS devices and to your Windows 10 PC.
    • Open iCloud to check if the Photo Options window will pop-up.
    • If not, create a new user profile named Test and open iCloud
      from there.

Should you have questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 7, 2020
  4. iCloud Photos says I don't have the latest installation of windows.

Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! iCloud Photos says I don't have the latest installation of windows. :)

justinmreina, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

iCloud Photos says I don't have the latest installation of windows.

1. iCloud Photos says I don't have the latest installation of windows. - Similar Threads - iCloud Photos says

2. Apps say I don't have. Netframework installed but I do.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apps say I don't have. Netframework installed but I do.: I've had a problem starting a few different apps such as discord and dayz client, it says this application could not be started, this application requires one of the following versionsVersion=v4. 5.1 . I have this version installed in multiple drives. I've tried every guide...
  3. Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app windows 10: Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app, it used to work fine before.Now the message "Oops! Please add iCloud to Folders" appears.Tried adding the icloud photos folder again, but this don't change anything....
  4. Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app windows 10: Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app, it used to work fine before.Now the message "Oops! Please add iCloud to Folders" appears.Tried adding the icloud photos folder again, but this don't change anything....
  5. Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows: Hi,I’d like to be able to access the same photo albums that I created on my iPhone in iCloud for windows. Now I can see all photos but I can’t access the albums.How can I do this? I don’t want to log in online all the time and download everything.Cheers,Elio...
  6. Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows: Hi,I’d like to be able to access the same photo albums that I created on my iPhone in iCloud for windows. Now I can see all photos but I can’t access the albums.How can I do this? I don’t want to log in online all the time and download everything.Cheers,Elio...
  7. iCloud photos

iCloud photos: Hello everyone, I am having some difficulties deleting a bunch of iCloud photos files from my file explorer. Thing is, whenever I try to delete the computer says the item is unavailable. I have 7 of these ICloud folders just cramming up my view on file explorer and its very...
  8. Microsoft is saying that I have a program installed but I don't

Microsoft is saying that I have a program installed but I don't: [ATTACH] I'm trying to redownload a program after I deleted it because it wouldn't open, but I keep getting this message when I try. I don't have it installed anymore, I've looked everywhere and I can't find a trace of it....
  9. I don't have windows installer?

I don't have windows installer?: Not sure how it happened but when I try to download .msi files now, it asks how I want to open the file rather than windows installer taking care of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-windows-installer/d0ffb199-5b35-429d-be7b-c150036a9a63"
  10. Windows 10 Install says I don't have enough space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install says I don't have enough space: I have a 2 terrabyte HD as a backup/file server in my machine. My C drive is a 500 gig SSD. I partitioned the HD and left 625 gigs for Win10. I originally had a problem because my BIOS was not set to Legacy, but I fixed that. NOW the install program says I don't have...