Windows 10: iCloud photos sync to onedrive

Discus and support iCloud photos sync to onedrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I operate in the Apple world and my wife uses Windows. We have Office 365 on my wife's windows laptop which has a 128G ssd - w/1T of onedrive cloud... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanaBresler, Aug 18, 2019.

1. iCloud photos sync to onedrive

I operate in the Apple world and my wife uses Windows. We have Office 365 on my wife's windows laptop which has a 128G ssd - w/1T of onedrive cloud storage. I have a very large icloud photo library which is syncing to the onedrive camera roll which is not a problem - the problem is the onedrive is syncing back to the laptop and filling it's hd. How do I stop icloud syncing to onedrive?

:)

DanaBresler, Aug 18, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

icloud photo library

Hello Don,

There may be several reasons why your iCloud photos are not showing up on your wife's user account. To assist you better with your concern regarding syncing iCloud, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Is your iCloud up to date?
    • Have you tried syncing iCloud while logged in to your wife's account?

You may refer to this article for steps on how to setup iCloud on Windows. Kindly make sure that you are logged in to your wife's account when performing the steps:
    How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Why does Windows 10 Photos App duplicate photos from OneDrive and iCloud Photos?

Hello, I need some help with this confusing problem...

I've tried various sites for suggestions and couldn't find an reason or answer to my problem. So I've decided to ask the Microsoft Community about this issue..

OneDrive is setup by default on my Windows 10 laptop, and I also have the OneDrive app on my iPhone 6 to backup photos, I use iCloud aswell. When syncing my photos from OneDrive to the Photos App on Windows 10, everything flows smooth since my photos are
    in OneDrive but for iCloud they sync the same photos to the photos app aswell, but their duplicates now. Their the same photo but with different names like,
    20170113_223726060_iOS.jpg and the other is IMG_3999.JPG. Is there anyway to merge the same two photos just to one photo? or I have to delete something else? I don't want to uninstall an program or anything but would like to
    know what's the best way to organize my photos in the Photos App in Windows 10 using either iCloud or OneDrive in one folder. I would also like to save space by deleting the duplicated photos aswell without them appearing back.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Mr. Zarian, Aug 18, 2019
  4. iCloud photos sync to onedrive

Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! iCloud photos sync to onedrive :)

justinmreina, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

iCloud photos sync to onedrive

1. iCloud photos sync to onedrive - Similar Threads - iCloud photos sync

2. Onedrive to ICLOUD files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive to ICLOUD files: Some of my Word documents in Onedrive have turned into ICLOUD files and I can't open them. What is going on, how can I stop it happening to more files and how do I access the files which have changed?...
  3. onedrive sync

onedrive sync: How can I stop OneDrive pictures syncing with PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync/609276a8-0ef7-4391-aa9e-801e4fe1f1ff"
  4. Syncing photos

Syncing photos: I have uploaded pictures from my camera to my computer from a recent vacation and it says that the pictures show sync pending. How do I sync all of the pictures? When I try to open the picture it says the app didn't start. Please advise me on what I need to do. Thank you!...
  5. icloud not syncing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    icloud not syncing: my icloud is not sync with calendars https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-not-syncing/fdaf4703-ffe1-4a18-bd34-7d2b0732994e
  6. Icloud for PC, photostream not syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icloud for PC, photostream not syncing: Windows 10 stopped syncing to photostream https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-for-pc-photostream-not-syncing/4fb8668f-4616-4650-8fe4-b638fb939ddc
  7. iCloud for Windows not syncing photos and photo stream process with continuously excessive CPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    iCloud for Windows not syncing photos and photo stream process with continuously excessive CPU: I use iCloud for Windows to acquire photos shared by iPhone family members in iCloud Shared Albums - each named album which a family member has chosen to share with me, becomes a named folder on the laptop and when working well, any photos shared by the family in those albums...
  8. OneDrive sync.

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive sync.: I recently had problems with my Surface Pro 4 going haywire, doing all sorts of weird behaviour & I assumed I had a virus from a download or something so wiped my SSD and re-installed Windows. After having done this I found I still had the problem. Upon further investigation,...
  9. OneDrive Syncing!

OneDrive Syncing!: Hi everyone, I have accidentally permanently deleted my one drive folder on my laptop, thankfully my one drive syncing client was closed. How do I securely get my files back on my laptop, without messing up my one drive cloud. Please reply ASAP! P.S. I have around 3 GB...
  10. OneDrive Sync

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Sync: Hello Good People, Despite looking around, I don't understand how the sync works. First, is there a master, so to speak. ie does the cloud version mimic the PC files. ie if there is a file on my PC and not on the cloud, will the cloud get updated? An then, if a file gets...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icloud sync to onedrive

2. icloud onedrive synchronisieren

3. icloud photos up to date but one drive isnt